The Earl Sweatshirt album is gonna be a problem...

He still dont know how to rap hanging with Tyler and not cats who truly are out to perfect their craft is gonna kill Earls career he needs to dip away from Odd Future before its too late.

Kendrick-type impact meaning I think his album will be a sneaky critical favorite, and a lot of new fans will jump on the wave. 

on da come up? he was like da number 1 draft pick from da new cats at one point.

stooooooop it.

i don't think you're aware of just how many people didn't and still do not know who the **** Earl is.

How the hell are in another thread talking about French is hotter than Rocky and that the streets still run hip-hop, but in here talking about Earl was #1 amongst the new guys? it doesn't add up Ninja. :lol:

I actually am looking forward to it. Never was into most of the OF stuff, but did take a liking to Earl after giving him a listen, since everyone was talking about how great he was.

I remember reading about his his plans for the album on Pitchfork last summer:

While we don't know much about Earl's album-- he hasn't announced a title or tentative release date-- he took to Twitter last night to talk about his collaborators and offer some insight into what the record will sound like. The collection's slated to feature, in some form or fashion: Odd Future associates Tyler, Domo Genesis, Frank Ocean, Casey Veggies, Syd tha Kyd and Matt Martians, the Neptunes, Pharrell Williams, Thundercat, Samiyam, the Alchemist, Vince Stapes, Christian Rich, BBNG and Ommas Keith.

Rest of the article

Earl is the only person from OF that I can still listen to. Tyler has become corny and Domo & Hodgy suck. Vince Staples is better than Earl tho

This.

I'm still waiting for Wolf though, gotta see how this story ends.

Hodgy and domo are only good when they are just features.

I'm waiting on this joint.
***** gonna be the freshest rap album since GKMC 
nthat.gif
.  But it's definitely not going ta have that same type of impact as Kendrick did to the dude that said that

^stop it 5
He still dont know how to rap hanging with Tyler and not cats who truly are out to perfect their craft is gonna kill Earls career he needs to dip away from Odd Future before its too late.
true. dude needs to go the Casey Veggies route :pimp:

He can spit but his created "aura" from being missing will fade.  He doesn't have a personality to be an "it" factor in the game. 

rooting for him. met him last year outside the Echoplex when we needed a light for our blunt. looking forward to his Coachella set, I expect a bunch of guests up there to help him through.

New song is dope. Saying hes gonna make Kendrick impact is crazy, but he can probably drop one of the better debuts to come out recently.

Its cool but he aint finna keep my attention for a whole album rapping that bored like dude raps like he is reading out of a book outloud in class its sad because Earl has talent .OF beats gonna hold him back and hurt him,

homeboy went hella hard in the new video. Tyler did his thing too with the cameo

Last edited:
This dude said Kendrick-type impact though.  C'mon son.  
Tyler (and Earl as a result) had 100x more buzz than Kendrick though.  If he had struck while the iron was hot...
Kendrick got track(s) wit Gaga B..

Earl my guy but Na
they're label mates.  Gaga didn't just become a Kendrick fan out of nowhere.  that was orchestrated hype.

Last edited:
Chum is better then anything to ever come out of the OF camp....ever (not counting Frank).

When the Bastard hype was around i really tried to listen to them all too....couldn't do it. Tyler's appeal has completely worn off. It was "fun" for lack of better term when he first dropped. On some old eminem im here to piss everyone off type steez. But Em's music backed him up....tylers doesn't (to me at least).

Will cop earls album

Second verse on whoa is nuts
I wana get the digital and phical version when the album drops

Can't wait till hodgy drops some more **** and mellowhigh finally has a tape

Its cool but he aint finna keep my attention for a whole album rapping that bored like dude raps like he is reading out of a book outloud in class its sad because Earl has talent .OF beats gonna hold him back and hurt him,
he sounds like an audio dictionary, boring as hell.

Back
Top Bottom