The Ego Epidemic...and other relationship articles... Vol. Reading is Therapy.

Unfortunately my mature nter's, OP has stated many truths in this thread. To the simple-minded bloggers, try not to lose me as I attempt to explain my views on said issue. I too have noticed a narcissistic shift in the attitudes, emotions, egos and mind-sets of our most treasured asset. Women. It seems almost as if they have all been brainwashed to believe that they should unwarrantly be placed on a pedestal for the world to admire. What have you done do deserve such admiriation? Pretty face? big butt? for most simps, this is exactly the case. They see a girl that posseses these qualities, and then go ABSOLUTELY HAM at trying to court her or get her attention even if that means telling her exactly what she wants to hear and looking like a thirsty lame. So whats a girl to do with all this attention coming her way for no real reason?? She ignores it. Because if you were willing to jump off a cliff just because her jeans were tight, then whats the next guy willing to do for a chance? This is why a nice, decent honest guy will most likely get overlooked by such a female because the whole world is giving her all the attention she could ever want, so why settle for you?? Think about it. All a girl has to do is show a little skin in her profile pic, and the whole damn facebook community is commenting and drooling over it. This type of attention breeds power. Now regular everyday chicks are walking around thinking that they are God's gift to men, which makes it almost impossible interact with them because they have to climb off their high horse first. Joe Blow just told this girl that she's "the baddest chic i've ever seen in my life" in an attempt to holla at her. He thinks he just "spit some game" but what he really just did was make it impossible for an above average guy with everything going for him in life to ever be able to have a chance with her because now she believes that she is "halle berry" because Joe Blow does not have enough self-respect to calm his thirsty cravings, and take it easy. So now the rest of us have to deal with these inflated egos, unrealistic self-images, etc. Dont throw away your self-dignity and self-respect and pride over a pretty face who may not be worth the change in ur coin tray! Take the time to see if she's even worth YOUR time. Have a convo with herm see how she interacts with the rest of society..dont just blurt out the first compliment that comes to ur head. This is simping. Dont flood her with unwarranted flattery. This is simping. Most chics out here are faking it til theymake it, meaning most of them dont have the things to offer you that you may think they have.so its like all they have to do is keep their mouths shut, and you (the simp) will fill in the blanks for them by your relentless chasing. Now the girl who once had a healthy, natural self-image, now has a bloated, artificial, conceited, egotistical view of not only herself, but of the whole world(especially men). Go to the club, some of the most attractive girls in there are gay. why? because some lame has convinced her that shes cute enough to have the best of bost worlds, or that she's "too goodfor guys" Girls try to aim unneccessarily high because they are truly scared of ending up with their EQUAL. They rather have the one who's completely out of their leaugue, so they "fake it til they make it" and ur average neighborhood guy plays right into their game giving them the satisfaction, praise, attention, and glorification that they want, but never actually gets the girl. If jim from up the block goes crazy everytime a "hot" girl walks by... then she will grow to believe that this is how ALL men view her, and since u made her feel like she can have ANY guy, why would she settle for you?

Originally Posted by Ikaman

Unfortunately my mature nter's, OP has stated many truths in this thread. To the simple-minded bloggers, try not to lose me as I attempt to explain my views on said issue. I too have noticed a

narcissistic shift in the attitudes, emotions, egos and mind-sets of our most treasured asset. Women. It seems almost as if they have all been brainwashed to believe that they should unwarrantly be

placed on a pedestal for the world to admire. What have you done do deserve such admiriation? Pretty face? big butt? for most simps, this is exactly the case. They see a girl that posseses these

qualities, and then go ABSOLUTELY HAM at trying to court her or get her attention even if that means telling her exactly what she wants to hear and looking like a thirsty lame. So whats a girl to do

with all this attention coming her way for no real reason?? She ignores it. Because if you were willing to jump off a cliff just because her jeans were tight, then whats the next guy willing to do for a

chance? This is why a nice, decent honest guy will most likely get overlooked by such a female because the whole world is giving her all the attention she could ever want, so why settle for you?? Think

about it.

All a girl has to do is show a little skin in her profile pic, and the whole damn facebook community is commenting and drooling over it. This type of attention breeds power. Now regular

everyday chicks are walking around thinking that they are God's gift to men, which makes it almost impossible interact with them because they have to climb off their high horse first. Joe Blow just told

this girl that she's "the baddest chic i've ever seen in my life" in an attempt to holla at her. He thinks he just "spit some game" but what he really just did was make it impossible for an above average guy

with everything going for him in life to ever be able to have a chance with her because now she believes that she is "halle berry" because Joe Blow does not have enough self-respect to calm his thirsty

cravings, and take it easy. So now the rest of us have to deal with these inflated egos, unrealistic self-images, etc. Dont throw away your self-dignity and self-respect and pride over a pretty face who

may not be worth the change in ur coin tray! Take the time to see if she's even worth YOUR time. Have a convo with herm see how she interacts with the rest of society..dont just blurt out the first

compliment that comes to ur head.

This is simping. Dont flood her with unwarranted flattery. This is simping. Most chics out here are faking it til theymake it, meaning most of them dont have the things

to offer you that you may think they have.so its like all they have to do is keep their mouths shut, and you (the simp) will fill in the blanks for them by your relentless chasing. Now the girl who once had

a healthy, natural self-image, now has a bloated, artificial, conceited, egotistical view of not only herself, but of the whole world(especially men). Go to the club, some of the most attractive girls in there

are gay. why? because some lame has convinced her that shes cute enough to have the best of bost worlds, or that she's "too goodfor guys" Girls try to aim unneccessarily high because they are truly

scared of ending up with their EQUAL. They rather have the one who's completely out of their leaugue, so they "fake it til they make it" and ur average neighborhood guy plays right into their game

giving them the satisfaction, praise, attention, and glorification that they want, but never actually gets the girl. If jim from up the block goes crazy everytime a "hot" girl walks by... then she will grow to

believe that this is how ALL men view her, and since u made her feel like she can have ANY guy, why would she settle for you?

Its not that long guys.. Theres a lot of pictures and theres a double space almost after every sentence...

Nothing new but Im always grateful these sort of problems get more attention, So at least some women who fall victim to their narcissism might think twice about their actions..

Just yesterday I was leaving a burger joint with both my hands carrying two bags each. This chick is holding the door open with one hand and looking at her Pink Razr phone in the other just idly standing there. I slip through and say "thanks" and she got all prissy saying I should be the one holding the door for her! The guy carrying 8 greesy burgers and fries with jalapeno poppers should hold the door for someone doing nothing!

I just shook my head and and even pitied the woman for her obvious display of self entitlement

Unfortunately my mature nter's, OP has stated many truths in this thread. To the simple-minded bloggers, try not to lose me as I attempt to explain my views on said issue. I too have noticed a

narcissistic shift in the attitudes, emotions, egos and mind-sets of our most treasured asset. Women. It seems almost as if they have all been brainwashed to believe that they should unwarrantly be

placed on a pedestal for the world to admire. What have you done do deserve such admiriation? Pretty face? big butt? for most simps, this is exactly the case. They see a girl that posseses these

qualities, and then go ABSOLUTELY HAM at trying to court her or get her attention even if that means telling her exactly what she wants to hear and looking like a thirsty lame. So whats a girl to do

with all this attention coming her way for no real reason?? She ignores it. Because if you were willing to jump off a cliff just because her jeans were tight, then whats the next guy willing to do for a

chance? This is why a nice, decent honest guy will most likely get overlooked by such a female because the whole world is giving her all the attention she could ever want, so why settle for you?? Think

about it.

All a girl has to do is show a little skin in her profile pic, and the whole damn facebook community is commenting and drooling over it. This type of attention breeds power. Now regular

everyday chicks are walking around thinking that they are God's gift to men, which makes it almost impossible interact with them because they have to climb off their high horse first. Joe Blow just told

this girl that she's "the baddest chic i've ever seen in my life" in an attempt to holla at her. He thinks he just "spit some game" but what he really just did was make it impossible for an above average guy

with everything going for him in life to ever be able to have a chance with her because now she believes that she is "halle berry" because Joe Blow does not have enough self-respect to calm his thirsty

cravings, and take it easy. So now the rest of us have to deal with these inflated egos, unrealistic self-images, etc. Dont throw away your self-dignity and self-respect and pride over a pretty face who

may not be worth the change in ur coin tray! Take the time to see if she's even worth YOUR time. Have a convo with herm see how she interacts with the rest of society..dont just blurt out the first

This is simping. Dont flood her with unwarranted flattery. This is simping. Most chics out here are faking it til theymake it, meaning most of them dont have the things

to offer you that you may think they have.so its like all they have to do is keep their mouths shut, and you (the simp) will fill in the blanks for them by your relentless chasing. Now the girl who once had

a healthy, natural self-image, now has a bloated, artificial, conceited, egotistical view of not only herself, but of the whole world(especially men). Go to the club, some of the most attractive girls in there

are gay. why? because some lame has convinced her that shes cute enough to have the best of bost worlds, or that she's "too goodfor guys" Girls try to aim unneccessarily high because they are truly

scared of ending up with their EQUAL. They rather have the one who's completely out of their leaugue, so they "fake it til they make it" and ur average neighborhood guy plays right into their game

giving them the satisfaction, praise, attention, and glorification that they want, but never actually gets the girl. If jim from up the block goes crazy everytime a "hot" girl walks by... then she will grow to

believe that this is how ALL men view her, and since u made her feel like she can have ANY guy, why would she settle for you?

Its not that long guys.. Theres a lot of pictures and theres a double space almost after every sentence...

Nothing new but Im always grateful these sort of problems get more attention, So at least some women who fall victim to their narcissism might think twice about their actions..

Just yesterday I was leaving a burger joint with both my hands carrying two bags each. This chick is holding the door open with one hand and looking at her Pink Razr phone in the other just idly standing there. I slip through and say "thanks" and she got all prissy saying I should be the one holding the door for her! The guy carrying 8 greesy burgers and fries with jalapeno poppers should hold the door for someone doing nothing!

I just shook my head and and even pitied the woman for her obvious display of self entitlement

Unfortunately my mature nter's, OP has stated many truths in this thread. To the simple-minded bloggers, try not to lose me as I attempt to explain my views on said issue. I too have noticed a narcissistic shift in the attitudes, emotions, egos and mind-sets of our most treasured asset. Women. It seems almost as if they have all been brainwashed to believe that they should unwarrantly be placed on a pedestal for the world to admire. What have you done do deserve such admiriation? Pretty face? big butt? for most simps, this is exactly the case. They see a girl that posseses these qualities, and then go ABSOLUTELY HAM at trying to court her or get her attention even if that means telling her exactly what she wants to hear and looking like a thirsty lame. So whats a girl to do with all this attention coming her way for no real reason?? She ignores it. Because if you were willing to jump off a cliff just because her jeans were tight, then whats the next guy willing to do for a chance? This is why a nice, decent honest guy will most likely get overlooked by such a female because the whole world is giving her all the attention she could ever want, so why settle for you?? Think about it. All a girl has to do is show a little skin in her profile pic, and the whole damn facebook community is commenting and drooling over it. This type of attention breeds power. Now regular everyday chicks are walking around thinking that they are God's gift to men, which makes it almost impossible interact with them because they have to climb off their high horse first. Joe Blow just told this girl that she's "the baddest chic i've ever seen in my life" in an attempt to holla at her. He thinks he just "spit some game" but what he really just did was make it impossible for an above average guy with everything going for him in life to ever be able to have a chance with her because now she believes that she is "halle berry" because Joe Blow does not have enough self-respect to calm his thirsty cravings, and take it easy. So now the rest of us have to deal with these inflated egos, unrealistic self-images, etc. Dont throw away your self-dignity and self-respect and pride over a pretty face who may not be worth the change in ur coin tray! Take the time to see if she's even worth YOUR time. Have a convo with herm see how she interacts with the rest of society..dont just blurt out the first compliment that comes to ur head. This is simping. Dont flood her with unwarranted flattery. This is simping. Most chics out here are faking it til theymake it, meaning most of them dont have the things to offer you that you may think they have.so its like all they have to do is keep their mouths shut, and you (the simp) will fill in the blanks for them by your relentless chasing. Now the girl who once had a healthy, natural self-image, now has a bloated, artificial, conceited, egotistical view of not only herself, but of the whole world(especially men). Go to the club, some of the most attractive girls in there are gay. why? because some lame has convinced her that shes cute enough to have the best of bost worlds, or that she's "too goodfor guys" Girls try to aim unneccessarily high because they are truly scared of ending up with their EQUAL. They rather have the one who's completely out of their leaugue, so they "fake it til they make it" and ur average neighborhood guy plays right into their game giving them the satisfaction, praise, attention, and glorification that they want, but never actually gets the girl. If jim from up the block goes crazy everytime a "hot" girl walks by... then she will grow to believe that this is how ALL men view her, and since u made her feel like she can have ANY guy, why would she settle for you?

I read this, and the article.
Completely agree.

While I am also able to realize that I, myself and on my self-induced pedestal, I am very humble towards the opposite sex.

I can only dream of the day a female is able to recognize and appreciate my attributes in comparison to "most men". I speak of this in terms of "hollering at shorty with the skin showin at the club". 

Girls are going to grow tired of the praise, and I'm not here to stoke that fire. 

I read this, and the article.
Completely agree.

While I am also able to realize that I, myself and on my self-induced pedestal, I am very humble towards the opposite sex.

I can only dream of the day a female is able to recognize and appreciate my attributes in comparison to "most men". I speak of this in terms of "hollering at shorty with the skin showin at the club". 

Girls are going to grow tired of the praise, and I'm not here to stoke that fire. 

Good read...but didn't need an article for this observation. But I do blame those who pursue women and gas them up rather than the media.

I really can't stand how with some women you can't be honest with them but they have no problem being honest with you and criticizing you...do the same to them and they cry wolf on Facebook or Twitter.

Good read...but didn't need an article for this observation. But I do blame those who pursue women and gas them up rather than the media.

I really can't stand how with some women you can't be honest with them but they have no problem being honest with you and criticizing you...do the same to them and they cry wolf on Facebook or Twitter.

Another good read:

April 10, 2010
[h1]A not very happy observation about being a woman[/h1]
brad%20and%20angelina.jpg

one of us has a question

I'm writing a long post about psychiatry (I write several posts at once, and finish them randomly.)  As with many other posts, I often email academics, journalists or other primary sources to ask them a question.

Sometimes I ask because I don't know, but often it's a "stupid" question to test someone's bias/perspective/actual knowledge.

As a recent example: I asked two different academics (paraphrased) "how does seroquel work as an antidepressant?  Is it the NET, and how much binding is there?"

Key point here: these are "famous" or busy or important individuals, used to getting a lot of emails; and my questions are very basic, very easy to answer, and an ordinary person should have been able to look up the answer themselves.

I construct the email to appear as if I am a college-aged person. 

My observation having done this several dozen times:

• If I use a (fake) male email address, e.g. "petermiller@" no one ever responds.
  • If I use a (fake) female email address, e.g. "melissamiller@" I get answers almost every single time.
I'll add that the majority of the people I email are male; the few women I've emailed haven't been any different.   I've confirmed this by waiting a long time (month) and re-emailing a different (but still simple) version as a woman.

The conclusion I went to first was that there is some unconscious sexual element; not that the academics thought they were going to seduce me, of course, but that they derived some greater pleasure in answering the women than the men.

But perhaps there's a different explanation: there may be an assumption that if a guy asks such a basic/stupid question, then he's an idiot and not worth bothering with; but if a girl asks it, well, a college girl isn't held to the same standard/ expected to know as much.

I'd be interested in knowing other people's reactions and experiences with similar scenarios. I'm quite willing to accept alternative explanations.

--

http://twitter.com/thelastpsych

Another good read:

April 10, 2010
[h1]A not very happy observation about being a woman[/h1]
brad%20and%20angelina.jpg

one of us has a question

I'm writing a long post about psychiatry (I write several posts at once, and finish them randomly.)  As with many other posts, I often email academics, journalists or other primary sources to ask them a question.

Sometimes I ask because I don't know, but often it's a "stupid" question to test someone's bias/perspective/actual knowledge.

As a recent example: I asked two different academics (paraphrased) "how does seroquel work as an antidepressant?  Is it the NET, and how much binding is there?"

Key point here: these are "famous" or busy or important individuals, used to getting a lot of emails; and my questions are very basic, very easy to answer, and an ordinary person should have been able to look up the answer themselves.

I construct the email to appear as if I am a college-aged person. 

My observation having done this several dozen times:

• If I use a (fake) male email address, e.g. "petermiller@" no one ever responds.
  • If I use a (fake) female email address, e.g. "melissamiller@" I get answers almost every single time.
I'll add that the majority of the people I email are male; the few women I've emailed haven't been any different.   I've confirmed this by waiting a long time (month) and re-emailing a different (but still simple) version as a woman.

The conclusion I went to first was that there is some unconscious sexual element; not that the academics thought they were going to seduce me, of course, but that they derived some greater pleasure in answering the women than the men.

But perhaps there's a different explanation: there may be an assumption that if a guy asks such a basic/stupid question, then he's an idiot and not worth bothering with; but if a girl asks it, well, a college girl isn't held to the same standard/ expected to know as much.

I'd be interested in knowing other people's reactions and experiences with similar scenarios. I'm quite willing to accept alternative explanations.

--

http://twitter.com/thelastpsych

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

about it.

so true.  and then when these girls get with the top guys that feed them compliments at first then smash and dash, nice guys get left with the tattered remains because they still simp and the girl is just looking for a rebound.  what a shame.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

about it.

so true.  and then when these girls get with the top guys that feed them compliments at first then smash and dash, nice guys get left with the tattered remains because they still simp and the girl is just looking for a rebound.  what a shame.

so? there are plenty of guys who are less than exceptional and think that they deserve supermodel-quality women who cook, clean, and make six figures. delusions of grandeur aren't unique to women.

so? there are plenty of guys who are less than exceptional and think that they deserve supermodel-quality women who cook, clean, and make six figures. delusions of grandeur aren't unique to women.

Originally Posted by iwantakazoozle

I hate this type of argument.

Theres always someone who who says "well its not ALL of us just some"

There comes a point where its OK to make a generalization because something is SO prevalent. Then the people who use this same argument just take the position that "well i'm sure there are examples in other cases too"...well why don't you list them with the methodology and intensity of the argument that was originally posted. Just countering things just to counter them unless you're going to add some value to the conversation at large.

Originally Posted by iwantakazoozle

I hate this type of argument.

Theres always someone who who says "well its not ALL of us just some"

There comes a point where its OK to make a generalization because something is SO prevalent. Then the people who use this same argument just take the position that "well i'm sure there are examples in other cases too"...well why don't you list them with the methodology and intensity of the argument that was originally posted. Just countering things just to counter them unless you're going to add some value to the conversation at large.

Back
Top Bottom