The Ego Epidemic...and other relationship articles... Vol. Reading is Therapy.

^
laugh.gif
Yes that is true,however that's not what THIS thread is about though.

Interesting article. When dealing with a touchy subject like this, it helps to have it written by a female. I'd hope for more data though.

Both sexes have this problem, and it's certainly a problem that needs to be addressed. Our society is doing a worse and worse job of producing competent mates. Popular forms of media would have to be more responsible and concerned about the impressionable consumer and less concerned with making money.

Our economic model works against a significant change of this kind. So don't get your hopes up.

Interesting article. When dealing with a touchy subject like this, it helps to have it written by a female. I'd hope for more data though.

Both sexes have this problem, and it's certainly a problem that needs to be addressed. Our society is doing a worse and worse job of producing competent mates. Popular forms of media would have to be more responsible and concerned about the impressionable consumer and less concerned with making money.

Our economic model works against a significant change of this kind. So don't get your hopes up.

So fancy this ponder:
What's a good guy to do? women are trending as narcissistic; mainly because of the way they are being "gassed up" by thirsty self-confidence lacking guys.
How does a normal, awesome guy end up with the woman he should be paired with?

So fancy this ponder:
What's a good guy to do? women are trending as narcissistic; mainly because of the way they are being "gassed up" by thirsty self-confidence lacking guys.
How does a normal, awesome guy end up with the woman he should be paired with?

Originally Posted by Ikaman

Unfortunately my mature nter's, OP has stated many truths in this thread. To the simple-minded bloggers, try not to lose me as I attempt to explain my views on said issue. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I too have noticed a narcissistic shift in the attitudes, emotions, egos and mind-sets of our most treasured asset. Women.[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]It seems almost as if they have all been brainwashed to believe that they should unwarrantly be placed on a pedestal for the world to admire[/color]. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What have you done do deserve such admiriation[/color]? Pretty face? big butt? for most simps, this is exactly the case. They see a girl that posseses these qualities, and then go ABSOLUTELY HAM at trying to court her or get her attention even if that means telling her exactly what she wants to hear and looking like a thirsty lame. So whats a girl to do with all this attention coming her way for no real reason?? She ignores it. Because if you were willing to jump off a cliff just because her jeans were tight, then whats the next guy willing to do for a chance? This is why a nice, decent honest guy will most likely get overlooked by such a female because the whole world is giving her all the attention she could ever want, so why settle for you?? Think about it. All a girl has to do is show a little skin in her profile pic, and the whole damn facebook community is commenting and drooling over it. This type of attention breeds power. Now regular everyday chicks are walking around thinking that they are God's gift to men, which makes it almost impossible interact with them because they have to climb off their high horse first. Joe Blow just told this girl that she's "the baddest chic i've ever seen in my life" in an attempt to holla at her. He thinks he just "spit some game" but what he really just did was make it impossible for an above average guy with everything going for him in life to ever be able to have a chance with her because now she believes that she is "halle berry" because Joe Blow does not have enough self-respect to calm his thirsty cravings, and take it easy. So now the rest of us have to deal with these inflated egos, unrealistic self-images, etc. Dont throw away your self-dignity and self-respect and pride over a pretty face who may not be worth the change in ur coin tray! Take the time to see if she's even worth YOUR time. Have a convo with herm see how she interacts with the rest of society..dont just blurt out the first compliment that comes to ur head. This is simping. Dont flood her with unwarranted flattery. This is simping. Most chics out here are faking it til theymake it, meaning most of them dont have the things to offer you that you may think they have.so its like all they have to do is keep their mouths shut, and you (the simp) will fill in the blanks for them by your relentless chasing. Now the girl who once had a healthy, natural self-image, now has a bloated, artificial, conceited, egotistical view of not only herself, but of the whole world(especially men). Go to the club, some of the most attractive girls in there are gay. why? because some lame has convinced her that shes cute enough to have the best of bost worlds, or that she's "too goodfor guys" Girls try to aim unneccessarily high because they are truly scared of ending up with their EQUAL. They rather have the one who's completely out of their leaugue, so they "fake it til they make it" and ur average neighborhood guy plays right into their game giving them the satisfaction, praise, attention, and glorification that they want, but never actually gets the girl. If jim from up the block goes crazy everytime a "hot" girl walks by... then she will grow to believe that this is how ALL men view her, and since u made her feel like she can have ANY guy, why would she settle for you?

This post would be worthy of serious consideration were it not for the [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]overt, noted [/color]contradictions...it's actually quite funny the more I read this...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You question and challenge the ego of these women, and covertly demonize them for thinking highly of themselves, even though men of your sort are the very reason why these types of women (with inflated egos) exist--word to "our most treasured asset"...
grin.gif

Why not put yourself "on a pedestal for the world to admire" if you're a most treasured asset?

Don't fan/feed the flames then get all pissy when it becomes to hot...
eyes.gif

I don't know, I've known a lot of females that at their core are truly insecure for different reasons and quite a few mask that by trying to portray an image of confidence and independence. It's interesting what you can learn about a female when she is willing to allow her guard down, either from being completely in love or just generally trusting you. More than a few that I would've otherwise thought had the world at their fingertips.

I don't know, I've known a lot of females that at their core are truly insecure for different reasons and quite a few mask that by trying to portray an image of confidence and independence. It's interesting what you can learn about a female when she is willing to allow her guard down, either from being completely in love or just generally trusting you. More than a few that I would've otherwise thought had the world at their fingertips.

Unfortunately my mature nter's, OP has stated many truths in this thread. To the simple-minded bloggers, try not to lose me as I attempt to explain my views on said issue. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I too have noticed a narcissistic shift in the attitudes, emotions, egos and mind-sets of our most treasured asset. Women.[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]It seems almost as if they have all been brainwashed to believe that they should unwarrantly be placed on a pedestal for the world to admire[/color]. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What have you done do deserve such admiriation[/color]? Pretty face? big butt? for most simps, this is exactly the case. They see a girl that posseses these qualities, and then go ABSOLUTELY HAM at trying to court her or get her attention even if that means telling her exactly what she wants to hear and looking like a thirsty lame. So whats a girl to do with all this attention coming her way for no real reason?? She ignores it. Because if you were willing to jump off a cliff just because her jeans were tight, then whats the next guy willing to do for a chance? This is why a nice, decent honest guy will most likely get overlooked by such a female because the whole world is giving her all the attention she could ever want, so why settle for you?? Think about it. All a girl has to do is show a little skin in her profile pic, and the whole damn facebook community is commenting and drooling over it. This type of attention breeds power. Now regular everyday chicks are walking around thinking that they are God's gift to men, which makes it almost impossible interact with them because they have to climb off their high horse first. Joe Blow just told this girl that she's "the baddest chic i've ever seen in my life" in an attempt to holla at her. He thinks he just "spit some game" but what he really just did was make it impossible for an above average guy with everything going for him in life to ever be able to have a chance with her because now she believes that she is "halle berry" because Joe Blow does not have enough self-respect to calm his thirsty cravings, and take it easy. So now the rest of us have to deal with these inflated egos, unrealistic self-images, etc. Dont throw away your self-dignity and self-respect and pride over a pretty face who may not be worth the change in ur coin tray! Take the time to see if she's even worth YOUR time. Have a convo with herm see how she interacts with the rest of society..dont just blurt out the first compliment that comes to ur head. This is simping. Dont flood her with unwarranted flattery. This is simping. Most chics out here are faking it til theymake it, meaning most of them dont have the things to offer you that you may think they have.so its like all they have to do is keep their mouths shut, and you (the simp) will fill in the blanks for them by your relentless chasing. Now the girl who once had a healthy, natural self-image, now has a bloated, artificial, conceited, egotistical view of not only herself, but of the whole world(especially men). Go to the club, some of the most attractive girls in there are gay. why? because some lame has convinced her that shes cute enough to have the best of bost worlds, or that she's "too goodfor guys" Girls try to aim unneccessarily high because they are truly scared of ending up with their EQUAL. They rather have the one who's completely out of their leaugue, so they "fake it til they make it" and ur average neighborhood guy plays right into their game giving them the satisfaction, praise, attention, and glorification that they want, but never actually gets the girl. If jim from up the block goes crazy everytime a "hot" girl walks by... then she will grow to believe that this is how ALL men view her, and since u made her feel like she can have ANY guy, why would she settle for you?

This post would be worthy of serious consideration were it not for the [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]overt, noted [/color]contradictions...it's actually quite funny the more I read this...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You question and challenge the ego of these women, and covertly demonize them for thinking highly of themselves, even though men of your sort are the very reason why these types of women (with inflated egos) exist--word to "our most treasured asset"...
grin.gif

Why not put yourself "on a pedestal for the world to admire" if you're a most treasured asset?

Don't fan/feed the flames then get all pissy when it becomes to hot...
eyes.gif

Unfortunately my mature nter's, OP has stated many truths in this thread. To the simple-minded bloggers, try not to lose me as I attempt to explain my views on said issue. I too have noticed a narcissistic shift in the attitudes, emotions, egos and mind-sets of our most treasured asset. Women. It seems almost as if they have all been brainwashed to believe that they should unwarrantly be placed on a pedestal for the world to admire. What have you done do deserve such admiriation? Pretty face? big butt? for most simps, this is exactly the case. They see a girl that posseses these qualities, and then go ABSOLUTELY HAM at trying to court her or get her attention even if that means telling her exactly what she wants to hear and looking like a thirsty lame. So whats a girl to do with all this attention coming her way for no real reason?? She ignores it. Because if you were willing to jump off a cliff just because her jeans were tight, then whats the next guy willing to do for a chance? This is why a nice, decent honest guy will most likely get overlooked by such a female because the whole world is giving her all the attention she could ever want, so why settle for you?? Think about it. All a girl has to do is show a little skin in her profile pic, and the whole damn facebook community is commenting and drooling over it. This type of attention breeds power. Now regular everyday chicks are walking around thinking that they are God's gift to men, which makes it almost impossible interact with them because they have to climb off their high horse first. Joe Blow just told this girl that she's "the baddest chic i've ever seen in my life" in an attempt to holla at her. He thinks he just "spit some game" but what he really just did was make it impossible for an above average guy with everything going for him in life to ever be able to have a chance with her because now she believes that she is "halle berry" because Joe Blow does not have enough self-respect to calm his thirsty cravings, and take it easy. So now the rest of us have to deal with these inflated egos, unrealistic self-images, etc. Dont throw away your self-dignity and self-respect and pride over a pretty face who may not be worth the change in ur coin tray! Take the time to see if she's even worth YOUR time. Have a convo with herm see how she interacts with the rest of society..dont just blurt out the first compliment that comes to ur head. This is simping. Dont flood her with unwarranted flattery. This is simping. Most chics out here are faking it til theymake it, meaning most of them dont have the things to offer you that you may think they have.so its like all they have to do is keep their mouths shut, and you (the simp) will fill in the blanks for them by your relentless chasing. Now the girl who once had a healthy, natural self-image, now has a bloated, artificial, conceited, egotistical view of not only herself, but of the whole world(especially men). Go to the club, some of the most attractive girls in there are gay. why? because some lame has convinced her that shes cute enough to have the best of bost worlds, or that she's "too goodfor guys" Girls try to aim unneccessarily high because they are truly scared of ending up with their EQUAL. They rather have the one who's completely out of their leaugue, so they "fake it til they make it" and ur average neighborhood guy plays right into their game giving them the satisfaction, praise, attention, and glorification that they want, but never actually gets the girl. If jim from up the block goes crazy everytime a "hot" girl walks by... then she will grow to believe that this is how ALL men view her, and since u made her feel like she can have ANY guy, why would she settle for you?
I just read that brick of text. 
happy.gif
 Good stuff. That's what i'm talking about. 
laugh.gif

Unfortunately my mature nter's, OP has stated many truths in this thread. To the simple-minded bloggers, try not to lose me as I attempt to explain my views on said issue. I too have noticed a narcissistic shift in the attitudes, emotions, egos and mind-sets of our most treasured asset. Women. It seems almost as if they have all been brainwashed to believe that they should unwarrantly be placed on a pedestal for the world to admire. What have you done do deserve such admiriation? Pretty face? big butt? for most simps, this is exactly the case. They see a girl that posseses these qualities, and then go ABSOLUTELY HAM at trying to court her or get her attention even if that means telling her exactly what she wants to hear and looking like a thirsty lame. So whats a girl to do with all this attention coming her way for no real reason?? She ignores it. Because if you were willing to jump off a cliff just because her jeans were tight, then whats the next guy willing to do for a chance? This is why a nice, decent honest guy will most likely get overlooked by such a female because the whole world is giving her all the attention she could ever want, so why settle for you?? Think about it. All a girl has to do is show a little skin in her profile pic, and the whole damn facebook community is commenting and drooling over it. This type of attention breeds power. Now regular everyday chicks are walking around thinking that they are God's gift to men, which makes it almost impossible interact with them because they have to climb off their high horse first. Joe Blow just told this girl that she's "the baddest chic i've ever seen in my life" in an attempt to holla at her. He thinks he just "spit some game" but what he really just did was make it impossible for an above average guy with everything going for him in life to ever be able to have a chance with her because now she believes that she is "halle berry" because Joe Blow does not have enough self-respect to calm his thirsty cravings, and take it easy. So now the rest of us have to deal with these inflated egos, unrealistic self-images, etc. Dont throw away your self-dignity and self-respect and pride over a pretty face who may not be worth the change in ur coin tray! Take the time to see if she's even worth YOUR time. Have a convo with herm see how she interacts with the rest of society..dont just blurt out the first compliment that comes to ur head. This is simping. Dont flood her with unwarranted flattery. This is simping. Most chics out here are faking it til theymake it, meaning most of them dont have the things to offer you that you may think they have.so its like all they have to do is keep their mouths shut, and you (the simp) will fill in the blanks for them by your relentless chasing. Now the girl who once had a healthy, natural self-image, now has a bloated, artificial, conceited, egotistical view of not only herself, but of the whole world(especially men). Go to the club, some of the most attractive girls in there are gay. why? because some lame has convinced her that shes cute enough to have the best of bost worlds, or that she's "too goodfor guys" Girls try to aim unneccessarily high because they are truly scared of ending up with their EQUAL. They rather have the one who's completely out of their leaugue, so they "fake it til they make it" and ur average neighborhood guy plays right into their game giving them the satisfaction, praise, attention, and glorification that they want, but never actually gets the girl. If jim from up the block goes crazy everytime a "hot" girl walks by... then she will grow to believe that this is how ALL men view her, and since u made her feel like she can have ANY guy, why would she settle for you?
I just read that brick of text. 
happy.gif
 Good stuff. That's what i'm talking about. 
laugh.gif

if we are basing this on current trends then I gotta agree. From movies, music, books to social networks and the internet, advertising etc. you see the superfluous glorification of "beauty" or better yet, an idealistic dream lifestyle that someone else thought up. These dream-peddlers got everyone, men too, thinking that they need to fit a certain mold, promoting egoism - the religion-of-me down everyones throats. 
The worst part is that with confidence and egoism comes the view point that most other people are execrable. This is why a lot of these new age alpha females stay single into their 30's 40's and 50's (men too) because they have this idea in their head (word to inception) that they are worthy of a god-like perfection that doesn't even exist in the real world. Sadly, even their ideal match existed, and they found him/her, that still wouldn't fill their void. Call it a psychological disorder but this is really only a reflection of a putrefying society in whole. 

On the other hand,  if you just want to smash, you really gotta factor this stuff in and "reject their profiles" as it was stated in the article in order to get their attention. 

if we are basing this on current trends then I gotta agree. From movies, music, books to social networks and the internet, advertising etc. you see the superfluous glorification of "beauty" or better yet, an idealistic dream lifestyle that someone else thought up. These dream-peddlers got everyone, men too, thinking that they need to fit a certain mold, promoting egoism - the religion-of-me down everyones throats. 
The worst part is that with confidence and egoism comes the view point that most other people are execrable. This is why a lot of these new age alpha females stay single into their 30's 40's and 50's (men too) because they have this idea in their head (word to inception) that they are worthy of a god-like perfection that doesn't even exist in the real world. Sadly, even their ideal match existed, and they found him/her, that still wouldn't fill their void. Call it a psychological disorder but this is really only a reflection of a putrefying society in whole. 

On the other hand,  if you just want to smash, you really gotta factor this stuff in and "reject their profiles" as it was stated in the article in order to get their attention. 

Back
Top Bottom