The end of Best Buy??

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by omgitswes

No, no, and hell no.

Honestly can't think of a single thing Best Buy is good for.
So you're going to compare television quality online? You're not going to want to go into an actual store and actually see what you're buying before you give your money to someone?
People are too lazy nowadays. Stores are closing and as soon as Christmas comes around everyone will look around like "damn, I wish I had an actual store to do some last minute shopping like back in the day" 

people are just going with what the see and read online
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

These huge electronic stores are falling off. Online retailing is usually the way to go because you get way better prices anyway. The only thing that I wouldn't want to buy online is a TV though because I actually want to see the TV before I buy it.

Guess I contradicted myself a bit. But still, you don't even need to go in the stores for that. Like dude said just look online for reviews and in forums and you wont have to go in the store at all.

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

If best buy goes down this will make wonder even more. How the hell is Radio Shack around.
They make alot of the stuff they sell, very convinient stores are everywhere.

Best buy has great selection so does Frys but do not have very helpful people, no knowledge either.

I manage a RS and I'm not even sure how we're still in business
ohwell.gif
At least I'm steady bonusing for the time being
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Almost any RS in the East Bay has pretty knowledgeable and helpful associates. I know this because I know almost all of them. And right now we're pretty much only keeping the people on who are valuable, so an associate who isn't helpful and has no product knowledge is getting weeded out quick. That's just my district tho.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Essential1

I actually like Best Buy.. Sure there prices are sometimes frustrating.. But every week there are a handful of sales that are
pimp.gif
This.
Wow though, NT hates EVERYTHING
roll.gif
I know they really do. I like best buy because they continually have a good selection of blu rays. I can find alot of movies I cant at wal mart, plus I dont have to go through the hassle of waiting for shipping. 2.5 years or so ago on Black friday, I got 3 blu-rays for the cheap. And last year my mom bought an ipad 2. I wouldnt buy games there, but I would consider buying a console if I needed 1. And my bro buys car crap from there all the time. 

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

RIM, Sony, and Best Buy all failing makes me happy.

I can't say I'll be "happy" if $ony goes under.... But I cant stand corporations that blatantly try to @@@@ their customers over. And $ony fits that definition these days.

online shopping is putting these brick and mortar stores out of business. We as consumers like cheaper things so if I can save $25 buy buying a car stereo online, I'm gonna do that

Originally Posted by oidreez

online shopping is putting these brick and mortar stores out of business. We as consumers like cheaper things so if I can save $25 buy buying a car stereo online, I'm gonna do that
I don't think it's just that though. Best Buy has gotten a reputation for watering down their brand with sub-par in house brands and sales associates who are quite pushy when it comes to extended warranties and overpriced cables. Whether it is true or not, I can't tell you anymore since I haven't been into a Best Buy in at least 2 years and haven't bought anything from there in at least 5. That's the perception I have taken away from my experiences though in addition to feeling like I'm in an over sized warehouse.

Originally Posted by oidreez

i don't think i've set foot in a best buy in at least 3 years... and i used to go in there like every weekend, lol.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

i don't think i've set foot in a best buy in at least 3 years... and i used to go in there like every weekend, lol.

qft

Back
Top Bottom