****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

this is what I was saying a few days ago, this isn't some carefully crafted masterplan, it's a backup plan scramble

The man is a textbook snake oil salesman not some visionary

If he manages to get someone to give Liangelo money to play basketball...it's a win however you slice it. That would make him a pretty damn good snake oil salesman

If they end up in China. :lol:

Definitely won't be playing in Spain or Italy. I'm wondering if Lavar is going to stay stateside? He's definitely better off here if he wants to stay in the media spotlight, but can't imagine sending a 16 year old Melo over there without him being there. But then you have the wife's health issues. I'm curious to see how this all plays out.
He said he plans on staying out there initially, wherever they end up, then splitting time back and forth with his brothers.

Again, a situation like that has to put a serious strain on the mom and her ongoing health issues. At some point Lavar has to consider that him falling back a bit might be the best thing for not just his sons but also his wife.

Is Melo technically a HS Dropout then?
10682C3E-7D6F-4217-83CA-63845D2B6EBE.gif

Every move he's made with Gelo and Melo as of late has been a reaction to an action, not at all intentional or premeditated.

Stop acting like this dude is some visionary who been thinking 5 steps ahead. Having to scramble under pressure and try to find overseas opportunities for his 2 youngest was NOT part of his master plan. Season done started everywhere, that Ball circus act being polarizing, Melo being a frail 16 yr old and Gelo being trash juice with sticky fingers, makes their chances of finding even a decent suitor, that much harder. Yea, Lavar planned that from the jump :lol:

And lost in all this is the mom. She gotta be going thru it right now and I feel bad as hell for her.

Well, as of late yes you are correct but notice I never said as of late. What I was referring to was his vision in its entirety - from understanding that those 3 boys can make a way for themselves by playing basketball, to BBB, to marketing a sig model for a hs player - which I think is unprecedented if not correct me. These things were premeditated, and people like Jay Z , for example, bought into the movement probably because he appreciated the premeditation of BBB ‘s marketing strategy and mission statement of being by the player, for the player. Next time ask me to clarify, happy to do that bro!

Last edited:
  • All drafted players must be at least 19 years old during the calendar year of the draft.[10] To determine whether a player is eligible for a given year's draft, subtract 19 from the year of the draft. If the player was born during or before that year, he is eligible.
  • Any player who is not an "international player", as defined in the CBA, must be at least one year removed from the graduation of his high school class.[

Man just let kids come straight out of high school again,like only the top 3 if they so choose so it doesn't become saturated with high school kids trying to come out just to get a check.

Though the odds may be stacked against him, if this Melo in Europe situation works it has a chance to completely burst the NCAA bubble. We can be looking at a world where the top prospects leave High School early to get paid in Europe before entering the draft.

I hope Melo is successful.

Though the odds may be stacked against him, if this Melo in Europe situation works it has a chance to completely burst the NCAA bubble. We can be looking at a world where the top prospects leave High School early to get paid in Europe before entering the draft.

Top prospects have tried. Hasn’t been too great of an experience for them.

Man just let kids come straight out of high school again,like only the top 3 if they so choose so it doesn't become saturated with high school kids trying to come out just to get a check.

It's a virtual lock to happen. Adam Silver has acknowledged that the one & done system is extremely flawed and starting next year...all 30 NBA teams will have their own farm teams. Look for the NBA to eventually carve out their own version of the MLB model.

Top prospects have tried. Hasn’t been too great of an experience for them.

Who?

Brandon Jennings made $40 million from the NBA.

Emmanuel Mudiay was a lottery pick who's made $14 million so far.

Terrance Ferguson this past year was a first round pick and is due $4 million in guaranteed money over the next 2 seasons.

Who's failing?

Last edited:
It's a virtual lock to happen. Adam Silver has acknowledged that the one & done system is extremely flawed and starting next year...all 30 NBA teams will have their own farm teams. Look for the NBA to eventually carve out their own version of the MLB model.

Who?

Brandon Jennings made $40 million from the NBA.

Emmanuel Mudiay was a lottery pick who's made $14 million so far.

Terrance Ferguson this past year was a first round pick and is due $4 million in guaranteed money over the next 2 seasons.

Who's failing?

I didn’t say anyone failed (but some have) but I said they tried to start the trend of going overseas vs college. It just isn’t trending. Also, I wasn’t speaking from money made but actual experience there. The prospects didn’t like playing overseas and they definitely didn’t tear it up over there either.
I was also saying it’s happened before (prospects playing overseas) which is what you seem to be agreeing with.

Year after year we hear about various prospects who hated the college experience. They didn’t like playing in college.

Who?

I don't understand how anyone could hate the college experience but I'm sure there's another aspect I'm completely unaware of.

Nothing has ever prevented this from happening, it’s just not what kids are wanting to do. Make no mistake, Gelo and melo would be balling for UCLA if they could. They’re strings for Lavar

If melo is successful overseas it won’t change a thing, kids ain’t about that life. They want to ball for coach cal/k/izzo/Williams etc etc etc, slay coeds, in America with their family around. The Jennings/mudiays will happen from time to time but it won’t be a trend

Back
Top Bottom