****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Bruh, Gelo has ZERO chance of playing in the NBA. He wasn't a high major talent. He's not on any NBA team's draft boards. He wasn't even going to play big minutes at UCLA this year. Y'all give way too much credence to Lavar's words.

Bro...go back far enough in this thread...****** were SERIOUSLY entertaining the thought.

"He can shoot...the NBA always needs shooters" :lol:

Bruh, Gelo has ZERO chance of playing in the NBA. He wasn't a high major talent. He's not on any NBA team's draft boards. He wasn't even going to play big minutes at UCLA this year. Y'all give way too much credence to Lavar's words.

I never argued Gelo was an NBA talent. I constantly criticized his game and said he needed a ton of work.

My comment is regarding LaVar saying in a recent interview that it doesn't matter if what scout say, Gelo will look good once he is playing along side his brother in the Lakers backcourt. Implying that he doesn't need to be drafted, the Lakers might sign him anyway.

I am just saying that if LaVar wants that favor, he needs to humble himself. I am not arguing Gelo belongs in the league or LaVar is gonna get him there.

So I don't know how I am giving credence to LaVar's comments. I call it a favor. Also the Lakers could sign his *** to the summer league team IF they wanted to throw the Balls a bone. And let him get exposed that way and be done with him

Last edited:
Implying that he doesn't need to be drafted, the Lakers might sign him anyway.

I am just saying that if LaVar wants that favor, he needs to humble himself. I am not arguing Gelo belongs in the league or LaVar is gonna get him there.
That's my point though. Lavar is going to have no bearing on whether or not Gelo gets a shot in the league. A better argument would be that Lonzo needs to reach the superstar level that that Lakers brass thinks he can, otherwise it's irrelevant because no one is signing the brother of a draft bust to appease the bust.
Bro...go back far enough in this thread...*****s were SERIOUSLY entertaining the thought.

"He can shoot...the NBA always needs shooters" :lol:
I was reading that Gelo shot 32% from 3 the other day. :lol: People calling him a shooter based off HoopsMixtape and BallIsLife.

Gelo has more time to play with his snow bunny’s yambs since he won’t have to worry about going to classes. Win win for Gelo. Lavar should sign him up for the big 3.

That's my point though. Lavar is going to have no bearing on whether or not Gelo gets a shot in the league. A better argument would be that Lonzo needs to reach the superstar level that that Lakers brass thinks he can, otherwise it's irrelevant because no one is signing the brother of a draft bust to appease the bust.

I was reading that Gelo shot 32% from 3 the other day. :lol: People calling him a shooter based off HoopsMixtape and BallIsLife.

I am not saying the favor is likely. LaVar running his mouth lower the chances of it happening under any scenario. I am not making a basketball argument, I am making a comment about how antagonizing someone makes them less likely to be charitable toward you.

Whether Zo is a superstar or bust is really irrelevant. I dunno how a simple comment really about LaVar needing to shut up morphed into me saying Gelo is an NBA talent (which I argued the exact opposite) or much pull LaVar has (which I never implied that he did), even about how much capital Zo's play will earn him with the franchise. I understand those things but that was not what the essence of my comment was about

Add even if, signing and undrafted, low talent, does not have a shot at the league player to a summer league contract is not a stretch. They will do that anyway.

LaVar wants a favor, a favor he needs to get through Zo, if he wants that favor to happen, no matter the scenario, him saying running his mouth makes it less likely. That is it

I don't even know what we are even debating be honest. You are bringing up all this stuff in regard to me just saying basically if you want a favor from some, shut your mouth with the shade

Last edited:

Whitlock quoted a “highly, highly reliable source” of his who said that Gelo committed theft after his credit card was declined at the luxury stores.

“That’s what triggered the shoplifting,” Whitlock claimed.

Thus, Whitlock labeled the second Ball boy’s account of the events as “bogus” before revealing that LiAngelo was, according to his source, the only of the three players to shoplift from all three stores.

“So this insinuation that these other two kids—Cody Riley, Jalen Hill—that they were the ringleaders, no. LiAngelo Ball, on the ‘Today Show’, with his dad sitting right there, just backed the bus over two black kids and basically blamed them, and said he was just falling in behind them,” Whitlock concluded. “That is not remotely accurate.”

My whole point is that Lavar has no clout asking for favors from the most popular franchise in basketball and the small sliver of hope that this ever has of happening is based on Lonzo, not whether Lavar shuts up or not.

My whole point is that Lavar has no clout asking for favors from the most popular franchise in basketball and the small sliver of hope that this ever has of happening is based on Lonzo, not whether Lavar shuts up or not.
I never argued LaVar has the clout to get the favor though. He can definitely ask, through Zo, but it up to the Lakers to indulge them

I just said if he wants it, he should shut up.
That was a general comment about tact, not a basketball insight.

Like I said, I dunno what we are debating, or what you are trying school me on.

Last edited:
Lavar's taking a big gamble with Melo's future since he'll be ineligible to play college ball if he goes to play pro ball overseas

he got that favor from ucla, why not try to ask that of the lakers.
lavar a salesman...and a lot of ppl done fell for it already.

and as for trusting j whit-pot-luck
thats a no dawg

Lavar's taking a big gamble with Melo's future since he'll be ineligible to play college ball if he goes to play pro ball overseas

I think Melo will be straight as long as he keeps getting better. I don't think Lavar wanted him slave the NCAA, be a one and done. It might help his development playing pro overseas.

Back
Top Bottom