****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

6F851700-AEE4-439B-B7ED-33C900626309.jpeg
1.5 mil views

Mike Schmidtz report on Lamelo.

LaMelo Ball | 6-5 | PG/SG | Age: 16
Strengths

• Excellent size for a lead guard at 6-5.

• Smooth athlete who changes speeds and directions effortlessly in the open floor. Long strides to the rim. Shifty game. Sweeping crossovers.

• The game comes very easily to him. Instinctual ball handler and passer.

• Has the potential to be an elite playmaker if he buys in. Facilitates with either hand. Well-timed pick-and-roll feeds. No-look passes in transition. Lonzo-like quick hit-aheads. Playing more under control with Vytautas than he has in the past.

• Excellent timing attacking closeouts. Gets solid extension around the rim as a finisher. Has floaters.

• Can make a pull-up or standstill 3 with time and space although he's very erratic. Has some natural touch.

• Decent feet and quickness on defense when he buys in.
Improvement areas

• Lifeless demeanor at times. Almost never competes defensively. Cherry-picks on the other end rather than sprinting back. Wants to reach rather than keeping the ball in front. Not physical.

• Still jacks 30-foot pull-ups early in the offense. Although he can really pass, he's a fairly poor decision-maker overall. Doesn't value possessions.

• Not a good enough shooter to take most of the shots he does. No elevation. Elbows flying out. Doesn't get consistent rotation. Misses badly left and right.

• Doesn't quite have the frame or at-rim explosiveness to finish in a crowd at times.

• Needs to do more little things to impact winning to consistently earn the respect of teammates. Good for a lot of highlights but would benefit from playing with more consistent grit and effort.
Outlook

Aside from the chaos surrounding him, LaMelo Ball is full of natural talent as a ball handler and facilitator. While his priority has always been scoring, his court vision and instincts aren't far behind his brother Lonzo. For his first game overseas against an impressive group of players older than him, Ball did a solid job adjusting. Moving forward the key will be getting him into a situation where he'll develop better habits on both ends of the floor.

Although he didn't have many options for the rest of this season as far as overseas offers go, spending this summer to find a club where he can develop long-term and play in a winning atmosphere with similar-caliber prospects, a strong infrastructure and excellent coaching will be key to his long-term outlook. Vytautas' style is perfectly suited for his open-court play in the interim, and competing against Zalgiris' under-18 team was a great experience, but scouts would like to see him in a more meaningful setting where he has to defend and take every possession seriously in the coming seasons.

From a sheer talent perspective, however, Ball is a unique, gifted prospect who has more than enough game to play in the NBA if he's put in the right situation.

I’ll tell you what. I’m
Not buying 2K19 unless Melo and Gelo are on there. The BBB Challenge better be on there too.

Honestly if I were 2K I’d put Lavar on the cover.

In the world we live in today....anything is literally possible :lol:

B01C6BDB-0491-454B-8C22-A71FD92BF422.png

Big Var already in 2K18....and that was him just chillin. Who knows what the finesse Kid could pull. Big Baller Brand OWN basketball game :lol:.

#TrustInLavar :pimp:

Say what you will about Lamelo, the fact is you can teach discipline, guys can get that with age,.

but basketball instincts? Natural feel for creating?

can't teach that.

Yeah, she’s this is what I can’t get with. Him talking about he loves the 40 footers and they are going to keep coming. I truly fear that if he doesn’t get rid of these habits it’ll be too late because no team will draft him and they’ll be too hard to break.

I’ll tell you what. I’m
Not buying 2K19 unless Melo and Gelo are on there. The BBB Challenge better be on there too.

Honestly if I were 2K I’d put Lavar on the cover.

Don’t be surprised. May happen. He’s already in the game. As well as his shoes.

Gelo ain't got it at all. Melo tho, he's gonna be the best out of the 3 if he stop thinking he steph and plays defense. If lonzo had his ball handling...

The fact that Lamelo can make tough shots is a testament to his natural touch.

but that jumper is busted, can't be an elite shooter be missing left or right, his form will break down under pressure.

Yeah, she’s this is what I can’t get with. Him talking about he loves the 40 footers and they are going to keep coming. I truly fear that if he doesn’t get rid of these habits it’ll be too late because no team will draft him and they’ll be too hard to break.

I've seen knuckle heads like JR Smith and James Johnson become respected team leaders.

never seen a dude who didn't have that natural feel for playing basketball, suddenly pick it up,

you can't teach the way guys like Manu, Dwayne Wade, Jokic, James Harden feel the game.

The fact that Lamelo can make tough shots is a testament to his natural touch.

but that jumper is busted, can't be an elite shooter be missing left or right, his form will break down under pressure.

I've seen knuckle heads like JR Smith and James Johnson become respected team leaders.

never seen a dude who didn't have that natural feel for playing basketball, suddenly pick it up,

you can't teach the way guys like Manu, Dwayne Wade, Jokic, James Harden feel the game.

I am in agreement with you as well as that scouting report but when your main influence is encouraging these shots and behaviors, it’s not good for development. Scouts will definitely want to see those things changed prior to making any serious moves but I I guess he has all of 2019 and 2019 as well.

Of course. That goes without saying. And it happens for a myriad of reasons. But looking back at he ESPN recruiting rankings over the last 10 years....that pedigree of being a top 10 recruit nationally gets you a lot of looks.

Hell, Josiah Turner and Chris Smith (Colorado) were still getting some opportunities they probably shouldn’t have. And those guys were HEAD CASES :lol:.

Damn bro Josiah turner should've been next smh

The best investment that family could make is a summer with someone like Mark Price. All of their jumpers are busted and mechanically a disaster. Even their FTs are just tossing it up there with some weird spin. It would be worth the pain of rebuilding their strokes at this stage. It should pay them back 10 times over.

lolwut.

LiAngelo -- 8/19 from field, 1/5 from 3, 3 rebounds. 19 points.

seven 2 pters = 14 pts
one 3 pter 3 pts
two FTs = 2 pts
19 points

Mistake on my end.
I was confused cause Ballislife reported 21 points too. Jeff didn’t report free throws is where I messed up.

Can’t respect the opinion of a guy who let his sister be the best basketball player in the family

Back
Top Bottom