****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

They really banned him :smh: :lol:

It's petty as **** but Lavar created this. Like I keep saying he's gone full buffoon so everything he says people take it as some over the top character. The situation with the white chick last year wasn't on him but he gotta hold this one. He's had more than enough time turn off the Trollin daddy and calm it down but he won't. People don't know when he's joking or not, talking for the cameras or not.

That's the thing though. He's the same person all the time.

There aren't two Lavars.

He's shown himself to be kind, extremely generous, a supportive family man, a reliable father, a faithful husband, loud, obnoxious, boisterous, a screaming hyperbole, etc. What you see is exactly what you get with him. there isn't anything to "turn off" with him. That's who he is.

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius

I don't get how they have all these rappers on the show that disrespect women in their music, then Lavar makes a flirty/playful comment and gets banned. Let Ayesha Curry tell it, married women want that type of attention. I'm sure much worse has been done on ESPN.

If someone else wouldn't said it, let's say idris Elba, I guarantee it wouldn't have been a big deal. They just don't like Lavar bc he's obnoxious.

That's the thing though. He's the same person all the time.

There aren't two Lavars.

He's shown himself to be kind, extremely generous, a supportive family man, a reliable father, a faithful husband, loud, obnoxious, boisterous, a screaming hyperbole, etc. What you see is exactly what you get with him. there isn't anything to "turn off" with him. That's who he is.

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius

He knows when to turn it off. He did it on their reality show but when he's on ESPN or FS1 he goes all in character. That's why every time he talks to SAS or Shannon they have tell him "In all seriousness..." or "jokes aside". They know he's in character and at times they want a real sensible answer.

He knows when to turn it off. He did it on their reality show but when he's on ESPN or FS1 he goes all in character. That's why every time he talks to SAS or Shannon they have tell him "In all seriousness..." or "jokes aside". They know he's in character and at times they want a real sensible answer.

I mean yeah he hams it up a little for TV... but that's still him.

He's not faking anything.

Lavar seems smarter than he lets on and is always entertaining and funny af

The problem here is mainstream media has always been rocked
thats their problem

Why would they go to this dude for a real sensible answer on anything?

I don't get how they have all these rappers on the show that disrespect women in their music, then Lavar makes a flirty/playful comment and gets banned. Let Ayesha Curry tell it, married women want that type of attention. I'm sure much worse has been done on ESPN.

If someone else wouldn't said it, let's say idris Elba, I guarantee it wouldn't have been a big deal. They just don't like Lavar bc he's obnoxious.

B/C they're not disrespecting women to their faces on set. In a sense, you can look at it as a rapper "playing a role" and not actually living the life they talk about. It's the same as bringing an actor to the studio and holding them accountable for a role they played in film. Can you imagine someone getting pissed at Elba for how he portrayed Stringer Bell on The Wire? Like actually holding him to that standard for a character he portrayed?

Where Lavar messed up is he said something that was ambiguous. There was no one way to look at it. Considering how things are evolving in this country with women's rights, me too, sexual harassment, etc., he should have just not gone there. But, that's who Lavar Ball is. It's not an act for him.

ESPN knew what they were getting into the second they put a mic in his face and had him on their programs numerous times. I liken it to jumping in a cage with a hungry bear and not expecting it to attack you. However, ratings and controversy are king. This is why networks want Lavar Ball on their shows. That being said, this is the result when something that's said by Ball can be viewed as crossing the company line. Where it gets tricky is that Jalen Rose is one of the biggest personalities and his wife was seen as being disrespected on air. It was a easy call for ESPN to make, but again, they knew what they were getting into when they invited Ball on Get Up.

Lavar is an idiot and that’s not debatable but this does seem like the classic case of “its harassment if I don’t like it and it’s harmless flirting if I do”.

Said this in the nba thread, they were looking for a way to dead him. They found it

I could see Var coming out and saying “Banned From ESPN? I didn’t even know. Don’t nobody care about ESPN. Imma tell you what. Imma let you on a secret. AN EXCLUSIVE. Ball Family Network is in the works so ESPN betta watch out. When BFN hits the airwaves we’ll see who’s banning who!”

I could see Var coming out and saying “Banned From ESPN? I didn’t even know. Don’t nobody care about ESPN. Imma tell you what. Imma let you on a secret. AN EXCLUSIVE. Ball Family Network is in the works so ESPN betta watch out. When BFN hits the airwaves we’ll see who’s banning who!”
Big Baller Broadcast

full

dead.png

Back
Top Bottom