****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

He doesn't have to call out his father. He can do it in a diplomatic way publicly and talk to him privately. He crossed the line commenting on his teammates.

I know Alford might be rethinking not going back to Indiana, because that was a shot at his son and his recruiting.

As a Laker fan. 1. I hope we keep our pick. 2. we don't draft Lonzo

Should've kept that to himself , but let's not act like we don't hear the " white men can't jump , black men can't read defenses " sentiment all the time .

I've never heard of the black men can't read defenses comment before to be honest.

Should've kept that to himself , but let's not act like we don't hear the " white men can't jump , black men can't read defenses " sentiment all the time .

I've never heard of the black men can't read defenses comment before to be honest.

It's coded language that's used ALL THE TIME in sports.

Draft "pundits" would look at Byron Leftwich and call him a mobile QB.

lol the "headsy" white athlete who's "sneaky fast"

holy christ you ever hear Mayweather just read?

let alone a defense.

Its pure gold
indifferent.gif

It was only a matter of time until he said something truly boneheaded and stupid like this. Odds are it'll be replaced soon by the next outlandish thing he says but at some point he'll start to do more harm than good to his sons and his brand.

I focus on basketball football and baseball.
I've only heard it consistently used in football.
Definitely not basketball and not baseball either.

I understand that a lot of y'all are more exposed than I am but it's just my experience.

I think it was Wisconsin basketball years back that had all the white dudes & the coach said something along the lines of " nobody calls us athletic cause we're white " overarching theme seems to be blacks are good cause they're naturally gifted athletes and don't need to be smart players & whites are harder working to make up for lack of athleticism .

Not surprised. At least Stephen A. Smith cut him off when he was talking about his son's names and how it's distinguishable in Chino Hills because "Aint no white boy named Lamelo,"

I think it was Wisconsin basketball years back that had all the white dudes & the coach said something along the lines of " nobody calls us athletic cause we're white " overarching theme seems to be blacks are good cause they're naturally gifted athletes and don't need to be smart players & whites are harder working to make up for lack of athleticism .
It's insulting going both ways, not to mention lazy.

One more thought -- it's Lonzo, not LaVar, who should be in control. He's emancipated. He doesn't owe his dad a penny. He could disown his family and he'll be a millionaire by the fall still, but his dad would be penniless.

I'm not in any way advocating for Lonzo to do this. Family is more important. But I do think he has some standing to tell his dad to turn it down a couple notches. If the "man" of the family is the breadwinner, Lonzo's going to be the man of the Ball family in a few months.

Here's the thing though..what about the other 2 sons that plan to play in college? Telling them already that they aint bouta win if they have white dudes on the roster? and then what about those white boys? they gonna be in their feels like the beginning of remember the titans.

and uhmmm...Leaf outplayed ball so many damn games its not even funny.

Maybe Ball has 'too much' white blood in him too?

on the flipside and in defense of pops...that is something that we say. Not necessarily hating on the white players, but justof the understanding that black athletes are tyically better by wide margins so if you have a team of black guys and a mixed team, you figure, just based on makeups, the black team will take it. But it's not the rulle. think of G.Hill and Duke that year. There are no real rules. Just conceptions and conclusions drawn on our own life experiences. We say that, but not publicly lol. Pops gotta keep what 'we' talk about in our circles. White folks gonna get in their feels.

it's definitely some dudes without fathers up in here. Yall boys talking crazy. 'he should do this, he should do that, here's what I would do' yada yada yada. it's easy to fight an invisible bully when you aint seen him.

Reactions: God
2010 Duke won with Zoubek, Singler, Schyer, Ryan Kelly, 3 Plumlee's and Nolan Smith! Oh yeah can't forget Lance Thomas too.

Lavar needs to put the embalming fluid down :smh:

2010 Duke won with Zoubek, Singler, Schyer, Ryan Kelly, 3 Plumlee's and Nolan Smith! Oh yeah can't forget Lance Thomas too.

2010 Duke team beat Butler for the National Champion not sure if you want to use that :lol:

Facts, bro acting like Wisconsin aint just win a couple years ago

They didn't :lol:

Last edited:
Lonzo white side was the one who got lit up by fox. He should come out publicly and say some **** like my dad is gonna be my dad, me and my teammates could've did more against kentucky.

2010 Duke team beat Butler for the National Champion so not sure if you want to use that :lol:

Facts, bro acting like Wisconsin aint just win a couple years ago

They didn't :lol:
damn i thought they won that year with dekker and kaminsky, my memory has done me wrong

Back
Top Bottom