****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

This ***** not starting no revolution man. The "next lebron" or super hyped star isn't taking the lavar way out, he going for that billion that lebronpaved the way for with Nike :lol:. Everything is done for u and u gonna get billions b, the next lonzo/lavar combo will probably try tho.

Skip: "can you give us a idea of how many have been ordered?"

Lavar: " just look at me and you tell me"
*wearing gold BBB tie*

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

View media item 2430083

roll.gif
 This fool is selling shoes for $495!, yet at the same time somehow managed to gather legions of troops on the Internet to constantly play the "You just hatin" or "You just want the black man to fail" card for him to those that question this outrageous price tag.
It's wild to me that dudes are still in here throwing out the word "hater" as if he has them on payroll. So much so that even dudes in here who were criticizing his approach started to soften their stance to not seem like a "hater."

Last week it was 5,000 pairs sold, this week more so around 300 that buyers won't even see until November, whether they like it or not because there's no refunds on this $495 product that hasn't been reviewed. NOTHING about this seems odd to folks???

I'm concerned (and think he's lying) about him telling Shannon Sharpe on Undisputed that he and Lonzo consult with each other and no one else for everything regarding this brand. No advisors. Nothing....OK.

I think the "hater" accusations come out when people start labeling Lavar ball as an "idiot" He's extremely unconventional but I think calling him an idiot is a bit harsh and possible hating on the man.

Let him go bankrupt or something before you start labeling him a screw up :lol:

That they don't release til November plus no refunds and no exchanges.
That's some hustlers terms right there.

They should be promoting a PE colorway instead of rocking Jordan's right now too
laugh.gif
if Lavar ws smart he would've been doing all this nonsense closer to when the season starts in the fall so Lonzo could have some clout to his name. right now i think all the attention on him and the brand are gonna lose steam, how soon it will be idk but I'm waiting to see what happens 

They doing it now cause after the playoffs all the talk will be on the Draft.

Its amazing to see this play out tho, they aint starting no revolution in regards to the shoe companies cause this type of hype only happens once every 15 years or so.

I support their hustle and I genuinely like Lavar for his comedy, but they aint gonna sale a lot of shoes at $495 lmao.

But that profit margin gotta be crazy, prolly cost like $42 tops to make that shoe.

That they don't release til November plus no refunds and no exchanges.

That's some hustlers terms right there.

They should be promoting a PE colorway instead of rocking Jordan's right now too :lol:

if Lavar ws smart he would've been doing all this nonsense closer to when the season starts in the fall so Lonzo could have some clout to his name. right now i think all the attention on him and the brand are gonna lose steam, how soon it will be idk but I'm waiting to see what happens 

I'd be surprised if he remains the buzz around the new year.
It's funny that he pulled the power move on the high school and got him fired :smh:

They doing it now cause after the playoffs all the talk will be on the Draft.

Its amazing to see this play out tho, they aint starting no revolution in regards to the shoe companies cause this type of hype only happens once every 15 years or so.

I support their hustle and I genuinely like Lavar for his comedy, but they aint gonna sale a lot of shoes at $495 lmao.

But that profit margin gotta be crazy, prolly cost like $42 tops to make that shoe.
its too much of a gamble on Lonzo which is the problem i have. if things work out after the Draft its more reasons to have done all this after that than before. 
I'd be surprised if he remains the buzz around the new year.
It's funny that he pulled the power move on the high school and got him fired
mean.gif
it's gonna be interesting to see how long the LaVar can keep the buzz going. idk what they are gonna do throughout the summer to keep the brand out there beyond his usual antics but we shall see 

Can't hate on an honest business. A job is a job and I respect the hustle.

Can't hate on an honest business. A job is a job and I respect the hustle.

True but honestly he needs some PR management or something. That is a huge selling point if customers wants to respect a brand and especially a new one. Can't have the CEO go around running his mouth saying things that almost disrespect others that have been in the game. Even from a business perspective, he's not doing anything we haven't seen. So many people start brands out there but we can all call BS on those too when we see it. Even when we watch shows like Shark Tank, we know what product wouldn't sell and what would. So no different here. No hate to his ambitions but reality is, this brand won't go anywhere in the long run.

A full bed of shock absorbent material keeps the shoe lightweight for high-speed performance. With a custom paint on the bottom, Microfiber python texture in Matte Black, and a Delorean finish.

$495 and that is the tech specs?

:lol: at consigning this buffoonery out of a sense of racial or "little guy" solidarity. Y'all think LaVar gives a **** about anyone but himself and his immediate family? Fam is a new-age capitalist hustler trying to exploit sentiments of little guy empowerment and implied racial solidarity to sell a preposterously priced and completely unproven product to make money for himself and his family. And dudes in here eating this up as some type of "revolution." Come on, fam...

laugh.gif
at consigning this buffoonery out of a sense of racial or "little guy" solidarity. Y'all think LaVar gives a **** about anyone but himself and his immediate family? Fam is a new-age capitalist hustler trying to exploit sentiments of little guy empowerment and implied racial solidarity to sell a preposterously priced and completely unproven product to make money for himself and his family. And dudes in here eating this up as some type of "revolution." Come on, fam...
nthat.gif

I peeped the sleight of hand. Folks here using the language of racial solidarity to make a case for black capitalism that merely places capital in the hands of a few black elites. 

Last edited:
as opposed to the status quo?

either way wealth is going into the hands of a few only, so might as well be black hands

:lol: at consigning this buffoonery out of a sense of racial or "little guy" solidarity. Y'all think LaVar gives a **** about anyone but himself and his immediate family? Fam is a new-age capitalist hustler trying to exploit sentiments of little guy empowerment and implied racial solidarity to sell a preposterously priced and completely unproven product to make money for himself and his family. And dudes in here eating this up as some type of "revolution." Come on, fam...
:nthat:

I peeped the sleight of hand. Folks here using the language of racial solidarity to make a case for black capitalism that merely places capital in the hands of a few black elites. 

My man.

:pimp:

Last edited:

either way wealth is going into the hands of a few only, so might as well be black hands

You don't see how this mentality hurts black folks in the long run?

"Since these few black folks are winning, it's like we're all winning!" This has been the okie-doke for the last 50 years. When white folks peddle it, black folks are generally able to call it out for the ******** that it is. But when black folks peddle it to promote their own interests, many seem to buy into it in the name of racial solidarity with no discernible benefit to them (see: many posters in this thread).

So no, not "as opposed to the status quo." As opposed to a level of discernment that calls into question and challenges the exploitation and inequality inherent to capitalism more generally and the ways that appeals to racial solidarity that benefit the few at the continued expense of the many often undermine this level of critical analysis.

laugh.gif
at consigning this buffoonery out of a sense of racial or "little guy" solidarity. Y'all think LaVar gives a **** about anyone but himself and his immediate family? Fam is a new-age capitalist hustler trying to exploit sentiments of little guy empowerment and implied racial solidarity to sell a preposterously priced and completely unproven product to make money for himself and his family. And dudes in here eating this up as some type of "revolution." Come on, fam...

You don't see how this mentality hurts black folks in the long run?

"Since these few black folks are winning, it's like we're all winning!" This has been the okie-doke for the last 50 years. When white folks peddle it, black folks are generally able to call it out for the ******** that it is. But when black folks peddle it to promote their own interests, many seem to buy into it in the name of racial solidarity with no discernible benefit to them (see: many posters in this thread).

So no, not "as opposed to the status quo." As opposed to a level of discernment that calls into question and challenges the exploitation and inequality inherent to capitalism more generally and the ways that appeals to racial solidarity that benefit the few at the continued expense of the many often undermine this level of critical analysis.
but what is the alternative?

if its harmful when whites prop up blacks, harmful when blacks prop themselves up, then what is the alternative?

if the aim is to rail against capitialism itself i support it

but when it comes down to living within the system of capitaliism whats worse? putting money in the hands of a white conglomerate or a black start up?

criticizing capitalism itself is one thing, but do it when a black man is benefitting also is harmful imo

i mean where is the sneaker i can buy that we all get paid off of?

on some level everyone is only out for themselves, but as a collective the more spaces we occupy over the long run we will benefit even if not individually

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom