The face of $258 million dollars Vol. All I want for Christmas.....

Powerball_Winner_Chris_Shaw2.jpg

Powerball_Winner_Chris_Shaw.jpg

roll.gif
pimp.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Mo. clerk says he'll use $258M jackpot on bills[/h1]A Missouri man who won a $258 million Powerball jackpotand plans to use some of the money to pay bills, replace his twomissing front teeth and take his children to Disney World said hehasn't decided yet if he'll quit his job at the convenience store wherehe bought the winning ticket.

Chris Shaw — a29-year-old tattooed father of three who was raised by his grandparentsin rural southern Missouri — came forward Thursday as the winner of the10th-largest Powerball jackpot ever. Shaw said he had just $28.96 inhis bank account and recently bought a 1998 Ford Ranger from a friendwho agreed to let him pay off the $1,000 price $100 at a time. Now, hesaid, he no longer has to worry about how he'll pay his friend — or his utility bills.

Shaw said he needed a few days to decide whether he will keep hisminimum-wage job at the store where he has worked for just three weeks.He also plans to seek advice "from people who know about money" aboutwhether to take the jackpot in 30 payments over 29 years or thelump-sum amount of $124,875,122.

Shaw — who has a 10-year-old son, a 7-year-old girl and a 5-year-oldgirl by two different women — said he had played Missouri Scratcherslottery tickets before, winning at most $80. He checked his Powerballticket against the state lottery's website only after his girlfriend, Tosha Ewry, told him the winning ticket was bought at the store where he works.
WhenShaw called Ewry back to tell her the news, she thought he was joking,he said. Finally, he said he told her: "I swear on a stack of Bibles,you need to leave work and come home."

Shaw said he looks forward to spending more time with his kids, wholive with their mothers about 240 miles southeast of him in hishometown of Alton, as well as with his girlfriend's two sons —13-year-old and 15-year-old boys Shaw says he considers his own. Heplans to take them all to Disney World in Florida

"I can be with them as much as I want now," Shaw said.

Hesaid his children already have been asking for new skateboards,bicycles and "just stuff that's really hard to do when you make $7.25an hour."

Break Time will receive $50,000 forselling the winning ticket. If Shaw takes a lump-sum payment, the stateincome taxes due on the winnings would be about $6 million, statebudget director Linda Luebbering said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/a...owerball_winner_missouri

Hopefully, dude can get some reputable people on his team... Too many snakes and vultures out there.
smh.gif

They're only taking out 6 million in state tax if he decides to take the lump sum?? Wow.

California would of taken half of the winnings.
laugh.gif

Oh  yeah, and first thing I would do if I were him, is to get out of hill billy town, and move to Beverly Hills.

He'll be broke soon enough.

But on another note. If I won something like that. I wouldn't want my name or picture anywhere. I don't know, I guess I wouldn't want people to know I'd won so I wouldn't get a line asking for handouts each day.

Dam
dude came up..
I would choose the 124 mill instead of the "over 29 years payment deal"
even tho i would get more over time right?

Damn, I would be elated, scared, and anxious all at once if I landed the winning ticket. I would take the lump sum and learn how to grow that money.

But first, I'd vacation for a month.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Originally Posted by neukicks

Originally Posted by Biggie62

He'll be broke soon enough.
This.

Damn yall are haters
sick.gif

How so?  Because statistics don't back up this?  Check them if you don't believe. 

Or is it that I believe that a person who has never had much money will go crazy and spend it on stupid things?  There aren't enough rappers and athletes that do this regardless of race?  Common the stats don't lie. 

It's kinda sad. Some money manager will just straight up rob him of all his money in no time. The guy doens't look to be the most financially savvy.

Showed the article to a co-worker and he said there's some type of anonymity clause when you win the lottery.

But here's what the Powerball site said:

CAN I REMAIN ANONYMOUS WHEN I HIT THE JACKPOT?
All but three states (DE, KS, ND) have laws that require thelottery to release the name and city of residence to anyone who asks.One state (SC) will keep your name secret if you request it, but ifsomeone files a Freedom of Information Act request, you may have tofile a plea with the judge to deny it. Another state (OK) now has a lawthat allows you to claim in a trust and to keep your name from thepress (though the lottery will run checks on you). Photos and pressconferences are up to you for most, but not all states. Check with yourstate lottery to see if photos or more are required. Most of the time,it is advisable to get it over with the press so that you don't haveone or more reporters following you around to get that "exclusive"interview. A few more lotteries may work with you on setting up a trustor other partnership. You or your representative should contact thelottery for the details after you win.

I guess there's really no avoiding it unless your state has the laws in place.
ohwell.gif

Honestly, I'd be soooo (much more) paranoid I'd have the car running outside, and get ghost right after the the press conference.
laugh.gif

I'm with you Biggie.I would NOT want my face and name out there.#!** THAT!
Question though..............is it a requirement that you have to show yourself to the public in order to collect your winnings or can you opt to keep it on the low?

I wan't the $5 that i played back, time to pay him a visit
laugh.gif
, i got a feeling he's gonna get royally screwed with child-support now.

Originally Posted by el cuco

I wan't the $5 that i played back, time to pay him a visit
laugh.gif
, i got a feeling he's gonna get royally screwed with child-support now.
Im sure he can work something out with his sister so he doesnt have to pay all the back child support.

Good for him. He probably is way better off with it than most other people.

I wouldn't want my personal info out like that if I were to win the lottery. I'd be anxious enough as it is.

oh how i wish i had that choice...lump sum easy and im crusing for the next 60yrs

That's why I can't win the lottery. I'm not old or white trash.

Yes, I'm mad.

Back
Top Bottom