The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

I haven't seen the episode yet, but just wanted to make a comment..every since the episode leaked early in the summer, i could tell that both flashes were in the room. you can clearly see the red and the yellow streaks. I assumed he was fighting reverse flash, and that possibly barry accidentally stabbed his mother( again, i havent seen the episode yet , so i dont know exactly HOW she is stabbed yet) due to some type of trickery.. Is this supposed to be some type of revelation that both Flashes were in the room when she died?

For the record...posting information you know from reading the comics or whatever isn't a prediction :rofl: :lol: :smh:

"Let me go look in my closet show you my suit & turn on the device" Merry Christmas...that was kind of a weak way to "reveal"

No checking the Future news paper or nothing...they could have at least showed him after the explosion and getting his power or Reverse Flash coming to see him. Guess they'll do that later.

Wells knew CIsco would make the freeze gun (why build another as a backup??) and "Ronnie" would show up? Always in cripple mode dude is the greatest actor ever. Where is Future Flash while all this is going on? :lol:

Cisco picked up on the Red/Yellow electricity thing but how did Reverse Flash get out of the force field and pull Wells in.

Last edited:
Is the fact that there were speedsters there when Barry mom was killed supposed to be some type of revelation :lol:. I thought it was obvious that the Flash was there.... Hence lil Barry being transported to safety.... And if I recall correctly present Barry even mentioned that something moved him to safety.

I love the discussion but hate that im possibly spoiling the plot.

I got to stay out the thread lol. One of these theories will be right..

I love the discussion but hate that im possibly spoiling the plot.

I got to stay out the thread lol. One of these theories will be right..
The show can only stray so far from the comics.. Wouldn't even call it spoilers since these characters have been established for years.

All they can do is spin the plot to keep us guessing whom is whom.

Wells is either Professor Zoom or Zoom... That's fact.

Thawne is either a relative, or will become Professor Zoom.. Also most likely a fact.

Those can only be invalidated by stepping all over established backstories.

Last edited:
For the record...posting information you know from reading the comics or whatever isn't a prediction
roll.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Wells isn't part of any Flash universe, it could've played out a number of ways. Just like we're seeing with Gorilla Grodd, and Girder and as we saw with the West and Allen family names names. 

Cisco picked up on the Red/Yellow electricity thing but how did Reverse Flash get out of the force field and pull Wells in.
It's funny cuz we've seen that past scene a bunch of times now and I always noticed the red along with the yellow. I just figured Reverse Flash's costume was half red from the belt down since until this ep there really hasn't been a clear look at him (technically there still isn't clear look at him.

As for pulling Wells in for the beat down if they are the same person it might be because of that or maybe cuz they both have the same powers. If the field was just a thick strong metal cage I'd bring up how Flash can vibrate through solid objects but I barely understand tachyon fields other than it's usually brought up in relation to time and to stop super powerful ppl (Dr. Manhattan). Maybe Reverse Flash has a teleportation power if he charges up or something.

I knew it was Well's just didn't know how there could be 2, don't read flash comics.

I just don't understand why he was beating himself up a

I knew it was Well's just didn't know how there could be 2, don't read flash comics.

I just don't understand why he was beating himself up a
Here's my take, Wells needs Flash to power the suit in present time. Which is why he said "Merry Christmas". 

so the machine that he put on the suit, it takes speed from Flash and transfers it?
The treadmill powers his suit?
nerd.gif
The ring, combined with a "missing" Flash in the future could mean that someone STOLE the ring, not off Barry but possibly his grandson BART, "Kid Flash" who uses the ring to hide his costume. They probably changed some small details to add mystery. As we saw, the Allens have a thing for "replicas". 

The red and yellow streaks that killed Barry's mom might be Kid Flash and Reverse Flash from the future. 

I had forgot Flash sometimes use to keep his costume in a ring. When I first saw Wells with it I thought it was a Legionnaires ring and he was from that future :lol:

Caught up last night on the second part of the cross over, which was just ok >D and then the midseason finale which was :wow: :nthat:

This show has the right vibe and the pacing is perfect imo.

When Firestorm saved the day I was honestly surprised. When I was a kid I thought he had the coolest look for a superhero. Watching him fly off took me back to childhood for a second. I had to rewind it a few times.

Has anyone tinkered with the idea of Wells being future Barry Allen? Thats one possibility. They look alike. Wells is willing to kill to protect Barry. Has intimate knowledge of the future. One possible theory.

Current Wells is Barry Allen. He attempts to go back in time to save his mother. Reverse Flash follows, which causes the altercation. young barry enters the room, future barry saves young barry( as we have seen) by moving him to the street, thus allowing his mother to die at the Hands of RF and the Flash path to be set.
What if there was another fight off screen after the fight in the house? The fight ends with Reverse flash being the victor, and Future Barry Allen trapped in the past timeline, powerless and unable to return. We all know based of the convo with Det. West that Wells showed up in Central city the day after Barry's mom was killed? Anyways, Future Barry changes his identity to H. Wells ( H.G. Wells, time machine inventor anyone?), disguises himself in the wheelchair and as a professor(easy to do since he has intimate knowledge of the future and future tech), and awaits the 14 years it takes young Barry to grow and ultimately become the guy that he can mold as a better Flash moving forward.

Why is he in possession of the suit? Because without the creation of the suit, and reverse Flash, there would be no murder, no Flash period...

If this theory holds true, he will eventually give this suit to Eddie Thawne, who will take on the role of Reverse Flash. Thawne already has a hate for the flash, and insecurities about Barry due to his relationship with Iris. The love triangle has been set in motion. Once Iris and Eddie both connect that Barry is the Flash, which is inevitable, thats gonna change everyone. Something big will happen. Eddie will have even more reason to hate the Flash and Barry Allen. Adding to this is we also know that RF spared Eddie's life, and this was bought out by Eddie in the show.. Also judging by the end of the episode, the person in the suit may not necessarily be meta. That tachyion device apears to give the suit powers, so the person wearing it may not naturally have powers..

Last edited:
Has anyone tinkered with the idea of Wells being future Barry Allen? Thats one possibility. They look alike. Wells is willing to kill to protect Barry. Has intimate knowledge of the future. One possible theory.

Current Wells is Barry Allen. He attempts to go back in time to save his mother. Reverse Flash follows, which causes the altercation. young barry enters the room, future barry saves young barry( as we have seen) by moving him to the street, thus allowing his mother to die at the Hands of RF and the Flash path to be set.
What if there was another fight off screen after the fight in the house? The fight ends with Reverse flash being the victor, and Future Barry Allen trapped in the past timeline, powerless and unable to return. We all know based of the convo with Det. West that Wells showed up in Central city the day after Barry's mom was killed? Anyways, Future Barry changes his identity to H. Wells ( H.G. Wells, time machine inventor anyone?), disguises himself in the wheelchair and as a professor(easy to do since he has intimate knowledge of the future and future tech), and awaits the 14 years it takes young Barry to grow and ultimately become the guy that he can mold as a better Flash moving forward.

Why is he in possession of the suit? Because without the creation of the suit, and reverse Flash, there would be no murder, no Flash period...

If this theory holds true, he will eventually give this suit to Eddie Thawne, who will take on the role of Reverse Flash. Thawne already has a hate for the flash, and insecurities about Barry due to his relationship with Iris. The love triangle has been set in motion. Once Iris and Eddie both connect that Barry is the Flash, which is inevitable, thats gonna change everyone. Something big will happen. Eddie will have even more reason to hate the Flash and Barry Allen. Adding to this is we also know that RF spared Eddie's life, and this was bought out by Eddie in the show.. Also judging by the end of the episode, the person in the suit may not necessarily be meta. That tachyion device apears to give the suit powers, so the person wearing it may not naturally have powers..

Yeah, exactly what I waa thinking........

:lol:

Barry wouldn't go around killing people to protect his secret. Wells is not Barry. In all likelihood he is Eobard Thawne, a descendant of Eddie/Malcolm A.K.A. Barry's twin brother (although IDK if they will go that route with the story). That's why Reverse Flash didn't kill Eddie. Eddie dies Wells/Eobard/RF never exists.

Last edited:
Yah I don't see Wells being Barry.

Wouldn't be surprised if the future RF is Thawne and the future Flash is Wally West (Barry and Iris' son?) that went back in time. Wells might be the original/first RF/Zoom and working with future Thawne/RF? So far Wells has Zooms suit but they really haven't seen him actually being a speedster so that could also be a twist in there somewhere down the line, he might just be working with RF/Zoom and not one himself.

I'm just still trying to figure out why Wells want to change Barry "missing in action" in the future, not that there are no theories, I just can't decide if he is just mad and demented that he wants to just torture Barry or Barrys disappearance simply affects him in a big way in the future that he wants to change.

Back
Top Bottom