The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

Damn, now everyone but Iris knows.

:rofl:

Ha. I was thinking the guy from the future must've did some kind of body switch with wells but what he did was next level. He basically absorbed what wells looked like.

These flashbacks are just getting wild now. Seems we will get an explanation about Reverse Flash now before the end of the season.

Are you ******* kidding me? Really Barry? Son just strolls up behind you and puts a bomb on your wrist? :lol: :smh:

That was nasty. Is it me or does Eobard Thawne resemble Barry's dad? I mean that as the actors playing them. They look alike to me.

That was some freaky body snatching **** though. It at least explains a lot about "Wells" and RF.

Was Wells' intellect absorbed as well?
I think his intellect and memories were absorbed in order for Thawne to better pretend to be Wells just in case old friends or family show up.
Can someone explain that to me fully? Lol put it in a spoiler
Honestly, the two clips and cord connecting being some future absorption advice is a bit of an *** pull but it's pretty much exactly what we saw from those flashbacks.

Wells is Thawne. Thawne killed Wells' wife and then literally stole his identity after killing Barry's mom and losing his powers.

Last edited:
I think his intellect and memories were absorbed in order for Thawne to better pretend to be Wells just in case old friends or family show up.
Honestly, the two clips and cord connecting being some future absorption advice is a bit of an *** pull but it's pretty much exactly what we saw from those flashbacks.

Wells is Thawne. Thawne killed Wells' wife and then literally stole his identity after killing Barry's mom and losing his powers.

Who is thawnes now? I didnt read the comics lol

he wrote in the spoiler that Wells is Thawne

he wrote in the spoiler that Wells is Thawne

I understand that, what Im asking is who si Thawne in the 1st place and why does he want flash dead

I don't read Flash comics either so I don't know anymore than what was said and don't care to google/wiki it now :lol:

The guy literally told Wells his name was Eobard Thawne and going off past eps we know he is from the future, centuries in the future.

I understand that, what Im asking is who si Thawne in the 1st place and why does he want flash dead
From what I can tell from guessing and what show has let us know, Thawne is Reverse Flash, an enemy of the Flash. In Barry's future he faces him a few times and I guess during that time Thawne travels back in time for some reason (maybe to change his past or something specific) and future Barry stops him. He gets tired of the Flash getting in his way so he decides to go back in time and kill Barry but future Barry follows him and instead he ends up killing Barry's mom and being stranded in the past and then later on arranging events so that he causes Barry to get his powers.

I'm guessing his plan is to make Barry faster so that he can piggy back on that speed and travel back to his time and if possible kill Barry lke he originally planned.

From what I can tell from guessing and what show has let us know, Thawne is Reverse Flash, an enemy of the Flash. In Barry's future he faces him a few times and I guess during that time Thawne travels back in time for some reason (maybe to change his past or something specific) and future Barry stops him. He gets tired of the Flash getting in his way so he decides to go back in time and kill Barry but future Barry follows him and instead he ends up killing Barry's mom and being stranded in the past and then later on arranging events so that he causes Barry to get his powers.

I'm guessing his plan is to make Barry faster so that he can piggy back on that speed and travel back to his time and if possible kill Barry lke he originally planned.

Got it now, thanks :smokin

this episode was good ... they stay alternating ... good and bad ... 

:rofl: at that long preview at the end of the episode.... the whole world knows except for iris ... but the show looks like it's going to be :wow: 

w/ that being said ... cosign on the body snatchers story ... son really said i ain't waiting to 2020 ... damn ... and his yambs was oded on too ... son met a cruel end 

Just got back from hooping downloading the episode now....

Will be back momentarily to discuss
nerd.gif

Was expecting a stand off between Barry and Thawne from the way earlier post made it seem.

So Eobard Thawne traveled through time to clap Barry or his Moms shoulders, got denied by the Flash of his timeline that chased him and stalemated, couldn't follow him back through time as somehow he drained himself of his negative speed force, and mantled the actual Harrison Wells by clapping his wife and stealing his vitality (and face somehow).

All this doesn't explain.... Why didn't the Flash of his timeline just come back and tie up loose ends? Seems stupid of him to just let a rogue speedster run free and jack up his timeline.

This also makes Wells character creepy as hell now. Dude has lived a pretend life for almost or over a dozen years now.

Safe to assume Thawne is going to rely on Barry's speed shattering the time barrier so he can tag along, or, draining his speed through the negative speed force and using that power to return to his own timeline.

Was expecting a stand off between Barry and Thawne from the way earlier post made it seem.

So Eobard Thawne traveled through time to clap Barry or his Moms shoulders, got denied by the Flash of his timeline that chased him and stalemated, couldn't follow him back through time as somehow he drained himself of his negative speed force, and mantled the actual Harrison Wells by clapping his wife and stealing his vitality (and face somehow).

All this doesn't explain.... Why didn't the Flash of his timeline just come back and tie up loose ends? Seems stupid of him to just let a rogue speedster run free and jack up his timeline.
Thawne specifically came back in time to kill Barry as a kid not his moms. If he wanted to kill his moms he would've just killed her when she was a kid. He says as much 2 eps ago to Cisco when he confronts him.

Thawne keeps saying he's centuries ahead so unless Barry lives that long too I'd say he's not even from future Barry's time period. He must've got his powers in an even further down the line future and when he started traveling to the past ran in to the Flash and then got in to a whole bunch of fights for w/e reason.

As for why future Barry doesn't do anything about Thawne in his past that's when you get in to the possible confusing time travel rules. It could just be future Barry trusts his past self to defeat Thawne or he knows for a fact that this has to happen and it always happened that way but like I said that gets to confusing time loops and stuff. Seems to me that time travel in this show is very fluid and you can change it which is why Wells is always checking in with his computer to see if the future has changed. Keep in mind he's only looking in to future Barry's timeline not all the way in to the 25th century or w/e.

so much fan service in this episode 
roll.gif
pimp.gif

the joker voice

"i am your father"

speed references 
pimp.gif

breaking bad season 5 references 

glad they had fun with the guest villain 

i think there's nothing wrong with changing the past after time travel, wells just told barry lies to scare him from changing anything because he wants to get back to his future exactly how he left it, not because changing the past will cause the world to explode 

Why pick Harrison Wells to absorb?
probably because he was the guy who created accelerator that resulted in creating the first flash

so he's the only person that could speed up the process of creating the machine thus speeding up the time it takes for him to get back to the future 

Back
Top Bottom