The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

In the comics, Eobard Thawne is a big Barry Allen fan so he traveled back in time to meet his idol after he got the same powers as Flah by replicating how Barry got his powers.

If he's a big fan, why did he kill his mother?

And actually.....if they don't make the machine til 2021, then Barry didn't even get his powers when he does, and his mother wasn't even murdered yet, by Thawne, so.......

Never mind. Too confuse. :lol:

When trying to replicate Flash' power it affected his mind and he went a bit nuts. He traveled back in time to meet Barry (his idol) but something happened and he was sent to the wrong time where Barry was already dead and not only that but travelling through time also made his mind even more unstable. In that time, there were reports of Flash killing Professor Zoom and then revealed to be named Eobard Thawne as Prof Zoom and that pretty much pushed him over the edge and became a villain.

As for the show, Barry was likely much older and has mastered his powers more when he and Eobard battled and went back in time. He is now training Barry to harness it all faster while before Barry likely had to learn it all by himself so it would take longer.

Time travel can be really confusing especially since there are different set of rules depending on who is writing it and there will be inconsistencies and holes no matter how you do it.

I hope that family tree doesn't end up being spoilers.

Eddie and Barry being half brothers doesn't even make sense to me.
He has to absorb his mind in order to have his memories.

There's no way that in 15 years an old friend or family didn't try to get in touch with him. Not to mention when Wells wife died. There had to be a funeral. Eobard would be slipping hard to be around ppl like that and not know their names and back history. Sure his AI might know names and events but there's no way it knows personal information from centuries prior.

As far as making the accelerator earlier, yes he could do that. You just have to account for Eobard probably being a genius and then you can also bring in the help of the AI. For building the accelerator you could just rely on his AI computer but that's not the only reason for thinking Thawne also possesses Wells' memories. He'd need them to better adopt and imitate Wells.

I'm saying though he doesnt need his memories at all. he has his AI and he is already a genius. as far as family goes who says he needs to talk them at all? he could just pretend to be sad about the wifes death and just shut out everyone. plus a few episodes back when joe started to question him he says wells went pretty much off the grid after the car accident.

Okay I thought I had this all figured out until I saw this thread and that chart. Now I'm confused AF :lol: I guess I'll just wait til it all plays out.

One big burning question I did have though (forgive me if it's been answered already): If Thawne is from that far in the future, how is he still the enemy of Barry? How is Barry still alive to face off against Thawne centuries later? I never read the comics and I'm not a big DC fan (Marvel fanboy here) so I'm not familiar with the Flash at all. Did he get the ability to live past a normal life cycle when he got the Flash powers? Or an alternative explanation could be that Thawne just went back in time from his period, met future Flash, faced off, then went even further to kill kid Barry. But if that's the explanation, why did Thawne even go back in the first place????
I can only make this comparison, you know how Kang is from the far future and has conquered numerous timelines but every now and then still goes back in time and finds himself against the Avengers? I'd assume it's like that on a lower level.

I highly doubt Barry has lived that long to still be Thawne's enemy. So I have to assume for w/e reason Thawne keeps going to the past when Barry is older to face him. Maybe he time traveled by accident (or to meet the first speedster) and got hyped to meet the Flash then they had a falling out. Thawne may have the personality and thought process that because he's a speedster he's better than everyone else and can do w/e he wants. Maybe a GOD complex. Thinks Barry should be the same way, they fight (you know the typical plot for something like that), and now Thawne sees him as an archenemy so he keeps going back in time finding ways to beat/kill Barry until he comes up with the plan to kill him when he was a kid but future Barry stops that too.

But I could be wrong about all that since I too don't read Flash comics. I think it'd be even more wild if speed powers gives you immortality in some way though :lol:
I hope that family tree doesn't end up being spoilers.

Eddie and Barry being half brothers doesn't even make sense to me.
He has to absorb his mind in order to have his memories.

There's no way that in 15 years an old friend or family didn't try to get in touch with him. Not to mention when Wells wife died. There had to be a funeral. Eobard would be slipping hard to be around ppl like that and not know their names and back history. Sure his AI might know names and events but there's no way it knows personal information from centuries prior.

As far as making the accelerator earlier, yes he could do that. You just have to account for Eobard probably being a genius and then you can also bring in the help of the AI. For building the accelerator you could just rely on his AI computer but that's not the only reason for thinking Thawne also possesses Wells' memories. He'd need them to better adopt and imitate Wells.

I'm saying though he doesnt need his memories at all. he has his AI and he is already a genius. as far as family goes who says he needs to talk them at all? he could just pretend to be sad about the wifes death and just shut out everyone. plus a few episodes back when joe started to question him he says wells went pretty much off the grid after the car accident.
Nah that's just reaching.

He needs to keep up the facade of being Wells. He has to act like Wells. So if he has friends and family he can't use his wife's death as an excuse not to talk to them for 15 years. He needs Wells' memories to properly pretend to be Wells. Given he even had that device on him I'd assume he must've done it before and knows what's necessary to pretend to be another person.

If all he needs is the AI then he doesn't need to be Wells AT ALL. He could just create a fake id, make a fortune, and build the accelerator himself without having to change his entire body and face.

I can only make this comparison, you know how Kang is from the far future and has conquered numerous timelines but every now and then still goes back in time and finds himself against the Avengers? I'd assume it's like that on a lower level.

I highly doubt Barry has lived that long to still be Thawne's enemy. So I have to assume for w/e reason Thawne keeps going to the past when Barry is older to face him. Maybe he time traveled by accident (or to meet the first speedster) and got hyped to meet the Flash then they had a falling out. Thawne may have the personality and thought process that because he's a speedster he's better than everyone else and can do w/e he wants. Maybe a GOD complex. Thinks Barry should be the same way, they fight (you know the typical plot for something like that), and now Thawne sees him as an archenemy so he keeps going back in time finding ways to beat/kill Barry until he comes up with the plan to kill him when he was a kid but future Barry stops that too.

But I could be wrong about all that since I too don't read Flash comics. I think it'd be even more wild if speed powers gives you immortality in some way though :lol:

He needs to keep up the facade of being Wells. He has to act like Wells. So if he has friends and family he can't use his wife's death as an excuse not to talk to them for 15 years. He needs Wells' memories to properly pretend to be Wells. Given he even had that device on him I'd assume he must've done it before and knows what's necessary to pretend to be another person.

If all he needs is the AI then he doesn't need to be Wells AT ALL. He could just create a fake id, make a fortune, and build the accelerator himself without having to change his entire body and face.

He needs to be wells to keep the timeline in tact. he is always yelling at barry about how important the timeline his. I just dont see a reason for him to need memories man. he doesnt need to talk to friends or family he can just cut them out complely. Its not unheard of in todays society for people to become social recluses

It just seems kinda weird how he preached about keeping the timeline intact but he kills people indiscriminately

He's doing just as much damage to the timeline

It just seems kinda weird how he preached about keeping the timeline intact but he kills people indiscriminately

He's doing just as much damage to the timeline

True but he only kills people who get to close to his secret. those are neccesary risks to me. Honestly though I hope they explain that more fully and if I am wrong and they say he stole his memories than oh well no big deal. its not like im going to stop watching the show over some small detail.

He needs to be wells to keep the timeline in tact. he is always yelling at barry about how important the timeline his. I just dont see a reason for him to need memories man. he doesnt need to talk to friends or family he can just cut them out complely. Its not unheard of in todays society for people to become social recluses
It's not about needing to talk to friends.

It's about it happening whether you want it to or not.

If he needs to be Wells to keep the timeline in tact then he'd need his memories in order to actually be Wells and he wouldn't have killed Wells' wife since he himself said it was Wells and his wife that made the accelerator. He already changed the timeline a great deal. Just putting on his face wouldn't be enough.

He'd need Wells memories just to properly portray the act of being Wells anyway.

Last edited:
I feel like they've already established that wells is a recluse/enigma. Barry even mentions his autobiography is basically just fluff and gives no insight on who the man really is.

I don't think either theory(memory or no memory) has a stronger case. At this point either could work based on what they've given us.

12639z5.jpg

:x

Last edited:
So Eddie turns heel? Wells breaks out all the other prisoners? Barry gets no Iris yambs?

This channel someone posted awhile back helps explain a lot of this comic stuff with the TV shows.

Last edited:
Flash has passed Arrow this season.

The writing on arrow has been bad this season. They really are the worst for trying to create reasons for why characters do things. oli is a dumbass and I wouldn't listen to anything he says.

You can't compare the writing 4 seasons in versus something in its 1st season. Arrow crica season 1 was the goods.

You can't compare the writing 4 seasons in versus something in its 1st season. Arrow crica season 1 was the goods.

Shouldn't writing stay consistent or get better as a show goes on? Both shows have their writing flaws though. But i'm definitely enjoying flash more this year.

How is Cisco getting memories of the future timeline? Are they gonna let homie die again?

Iris looking
smokin.gif

Last edited:
My bae, Beth / Emily Kinney flourishing. It was laughable when a hater in twd thread said she'd never find work again and disappear. Ridiculous statement.

Back
Top Bottom