THE GALAXY NEXUS BY GOOGLE & SAMSUNG (What you know and need to know on PG.1) *UPDATE 3.1* 11/4

Game Changing Features

Face Unlock

face.png

With Face Unlock on Galaxy Nexus you can now unlock your phone with a smile. No complicated passwords to remember, just switch on your phone and look into the camera to quickly unlock your phone.

Android Beam
beam.png
With Galaxy Nexus you can now easily share contacts, websites, apps, maps, directions and YouTube videos to other people close by. Simply hold two NFC enabled Android phones close to each other and touch to beam and share.

Vibrant high-definition display
display.png
Galaxy Nexus is the world's first phone with a 4.65" high-definition sAMOLED display making text, videos & games look crisp, vibrant and rich. With an edge-to-edge 720p screen high-definition, videos look amazing and the unique Contour Display curves nicely to the shape of your face and makes it easier to hold.

Specifications
Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
Specifications above may differ on the LTE version.
Processor: 1.2 GHz Dual-core Processor (OMAP 4460)
Display: 4.65-inch 1280x720 HD Super AMOLED
Main (Rear) Camera: 5MP AF with LED Flash with zero shutter lag and fast shot2shot
Sub (Front) Camera: 1.3MP for Video Call
Sensor: Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro, Light, Proximity, Barometer
Memory: 1GB RAM + 16/32GB Internal memory
Size: 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94 mm, 135g
Battery: Standard battery, Li-on 1750 mAh

For Geeks who care

Silicon
CPU: Texas Instruments OMAP4460, 2047.7 BogoMIPS
GPU: Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX 540 (same as the Galaxy S and Nexus S, though this one uses a higher clock speed at 384MHz)
WiFi / Bluetooth module: Broadcom BCM4330 (same as in the Galaxy S II)
Audio codec: Texas Instruments TWL6040
HDMI: Silicon Image MHD SiI9234 transmitter over MHL (same as Infuse 4G and GSII)
USB Switch: Fairchild semiconductors fsa9480 (industry standard)
Framebuffer controller: Samsung S6E8AA0 MIPI LCD with Gamma correction driver
Sensors
Geomagnetic sensor: Brand new tri-axial Yamaha YAS530
TouchScreen sensor: Melfas MMSxxx touchscreen
Optical / proximity sensor: GP2A (same as Galaxy S and Nexus S)
Barometric pressure sensor: BOSCH BMP180 (first of its kind in a smartphone)
Triaxial acceleration sensor: BOSCH BMA250
Triple Axis MEMS Gyroscope: InvenSense MPU3050
Fuel Gauge (algorithm to track battery's state of charge): MAXIM MAX17040
Misc. internals
Facial recognition elements (Face Unlock): left eye, right eye, nose base, head, face
Available resolution for standard apps: 720 x 1184px
Refresh rate: 60Hz
LCD Density: 320
Default display color depth: 32bit
Camera uses OMAP Ducati Subsystem, on-screen preview size is 768 x 576
Linux kernel: 3.0.1 compiled for SMP with voluntary kernel preemption for best interactivity
Android ROM: version 4.0.1, built October 13, 2011
Device name: Maguro
Main input/output type supported: Headphone, Speaker, Microphone, Bluetooth, Voice, FM, S/PDIF over HDMI; USB Audio DAC (digital-to-audio converter with USB input and stereo outputs) should also be supported

Camera And Video in Action

samsunggalaxynexushandson6433.jpg

Availability
No date has been set for a release date, but will be coming out internationally
Their Will be a HSPA/GSM and LTE model for respected carriers. (i.e. T-mobile and AT&T)
Rumors are running around Sprint will have a Wimax model.
Their will be a Verizon LTE model. SIGN UP HERE

VerizonLogoIcon-iJailbreak-150x150.png
O2.ie_-_My_Account_app_icon.png

edit:More good News for out International users/UK Nt'ers

Samsung re-confirms Nov. 17 as Galaxy Nexus UK launch date

dsc01912.jpg

We might still be guessing about when the Galaxy Nexus will be making its debut on Verizon in the US, but the UK remains on track to get it on Nov. 17, according to Samsung UK. Sammy originally announced the date at last week's Galaxy Note World Tour in London, however we'd heard some rumors of a delay in the past 24 hours, so it's good to have confirmation that that's not the case.

Check out today's press release after the jump, or dive into our hands-on feature for more Galaxy Nexus goodness.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

I'm very neutral about my feelings of my Nexus S....maybe its because of my slow #%! network (Sprint)

Nexus S on tmobile is
pimp.gif

cant wait to see specs/reviews for the prime

I'm very neutral about my feelings of my Nexus S....maybe its because of my slow #%! network (Sprint)

I'm so disappointed with Sprint's 4G coverage.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I'm so disappointed with Sprint's 4G coverage.
but this might be on Verizon

If you all can enjoy this phone as is, out of the box without rooting it, I'll be impressed.

if its on tmobile ill cop if they let me get it under contract...hope its in actual tmob store and not worst buy

I've had the Nexus One since day 1 and I've been very happy with it.  I can't wait to upgrade to this
happy.gif

I've got the Nexus S 4G. Only thing it's missing is an LED notification light.

Can't wait for the Prime
pimp.gif

Will be selling my EVO3D along with adding cash for this monster. I goofed using my upgrade on this &%#%
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom