THE GALAXY NEXUS BY GOOGLE & SAMSUNG (What you know and need to know on PG.1) *UPDATE 3.1* 11/4

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Come on Sprint...

Whats the deal?!
nerd.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif

so its over? tmobile for sure?

don't see that announced...just read it as you can buy the phone @ full price from verizon and it will work with att and tmobile bands

ICS looks pretty damn snappy and sharp.

Job well done, Google.

I wonder how long it's gonna take for current dual core phones to get ICS......not looking to wait 6 months for it.

As far as I know it is still only releasing on Verizon in the US. HSPA could just be mainly for releases in Europe and Asia?? They didn't ever confirm anything in the conference.

As said before it's pentaband so it will work nicely on AT&T and TMO.
I feel that with a decent amount of info being left out that ICS was some what rushed or maybe just the phone. I wouldn't be surprised if it shipped with an update or one coming soon after.
But regardless I'm excited to get ICS and ICS Roms.
I would imagine that the Nexus S being the first phone to be updated and with it being so similar to the SGS I...XDA will be doing work
pimp.gif

anybody who wants to trade a fresh evo 3d for a nexus s holla at me... i need a stock android phone that i know will get ics

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2011/10/news/samsung-galaxy-nexus-not-coming-to-sprint/[/h2]
[h2]Samsung Galaxy Nexus not coming to Sprint?[/h2]

The monumental Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Ice Cream Sandwich announcement has finally arrived. We are quite impressed about the new features, but there is one part left out of the equation. There was no mention of a WiMAX version, only LTE and HSPA+.

Sprint does not have either LTE or HSPA+ networks, but they do plan to roll out a 4G LTE network in mid-2012 for select markets with nationwide coverage to be fulfilled by the end of 2013.

What does this mean to Sprint customers? It could mean a few things, but they all conclude in a sad ending. These could be some of the possible results:
  • Sprint will not be offering the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Sprint could get a WiMAX version, but it will take more time
  • Sprint will not be getting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus until its LTE network is launched
  • Sprint might get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus soon, but without 4G until its LTE network is launched
  • Samsung/Google just forgot to mention it, and the WiMAX version is coming
We would prefer to see the last option come true. While it would be Sprint customers’ best hope, it seems highly unlikely, though. Any of the other options concludes in a substantial amount of very unhappy Sprint subscribers. I’m curious how many would be willing to switch carriers.

This definitely does seem like an odd move. Especially since Sprint and Google have been very close friends lately. The most feasible guess would be that the device will not be arriving on Sprint until the LTE network is up and running. This would mean that the Galaxy Nexus will reach “America’s first 4G network

Xda is amazing man. Whenever the rom is done for the 3D i hope they turn off the capacitive buttons and we can use the new 3 button display on screen

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Xda is amazing man. Whenever the rom is done for the 3D i hope they turn off the capacitive buttons and we can use the new 3 button display on screen
why would you want an even smaller screen?

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

why would you want an even smaller screen?
your right bro , didn't even consider that
laugh.gif

Man why won't Google get some better designers? For real...
30t6p3b.gif

This thing looks atrocious.

And that video had a bit too much lag for me.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

30t6p3b.gif

this istan doesn't stop
roll.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

30t6p3b.gif

17f15eef5d29ae0cc1f690900885ad0795d7add_r.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

How big is the actual screen? Also why did they stick with 5MP? I know more pixel doesn't equal better but atleast did they update the f to 2.2 or 2.4 (something close to iPhone 4S or Galaxy S II?).

Did you see the quality and speed of the pictures it took?  It looks great to me, especially in low light.  And the video quality is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom