THE GALAXY NEXUS BY GOOGLE & SAMSUNG (What you know and need to know on PG.1) *UPDATE 3.1* 11/4

Originally Posted by senor chang

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by HARM

Jesus Christ at the specs!!
Jeez, this argument always annoys me.
What does GHz even matter to you? I mean, i know what it means and all that but really...think about that...what do these numbers do to validate you? You're not running them at maxed out operations anyways...

Which means ultimately nothing. 
The iPhone is incredibly underwhelming on paper but will always hold its own and even outperform because its integrated more tightly from coding all the way up to the hardware. 

Specs don't improve user experience, the software is all that matters. 

The UI is all that matters. And that is software...

No one will care when their computer is the equivalent of a ferrari under the hood but it operates like a Kia or something. 

All consumers interact with is the UI. Thats it. They wouldn't even think to care about hardware if the UI didn't take their need away to even question what was under the hood. 

Its all a numbers game for consumers to make them feel better or to satisfy their urge to be better than other people. Whatever...have fun validating yourselves for using one device or another...

I'm not pro android or pro apple or pro anything...i'm trying to approach it from all angles
How else could you compare phones on an objective playing field?  Ultimately the value of the UI is subjective and will be different for everyone, only the hardware can be compared.  I'm not going against your argument, but just shedding some light so you can approach it from "all angles."  I believe, in total, consumers choose the phone that gives them the most value; that value being measured in terms of quality, experience, which apparently includes how others look at them operating their new phone, as well as the cross platform functionality that the phone offers along with other products (icloud, macbook, iPhone).  I vehemently dislike Apple products because their hardware is below standard and I devalue that hipster aura that's inherent in their products.  While their OS is perfectly functional for my needs, it's not what I value most...

[h4][/h4]
[h4]GSM Nexus Prime passes through the FCC, possibly heading to AT&T?[/h4]
By Terrence O'Brien posted Oct 8th 2011 12:49PM

Just because next week's joint Samsung and Google event has been postponed doesn't mean the leaks have to end. A Sammy handset with the model number I9250, which matches up nicely with the baseband version in the Galaxy Nexus shots that popped up, just made an appearance at the FCC packing a GSM radio compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile's faux-G networks. It's also boasting dual-band 802.11n, Bluetooth and NFC. Despite suggestions that the next Nexus device would be a Verizon exclusive, we could be looking at the AT&T version or at least the unlocked GSM model. The fact that it doesn't support T-Mobile's 2100MHz band leads us to believe this won't be popping up in T-Mo shops. Also noticeably missing is any mention of LTE -- that particular feature could still be the sole realm of Big Red. Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer to find out all the details. One more image after the break.

[Thanks, Samer]
10-8-2011nexusprimefccchart.jpg

Link

i have a nexus s on tmobile. this yaer alone the ota updates have caused battery drain issues. not for nothing, i would get a iphone 4s if i was liquid.

I hope the phone is better than what was in that video...that was slightly underwhelming.

and making the screen that big is dumb if they're not going to increase the pixel density or make the screen better...
30t6p3b.gif

I hope the phone is better than what was in that video...that was slightly underwhelming.

and making the screen that big is dumb if they're not going to increase the pixel density or make the screen better...
30t6p3b.gif
... It's an AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1280x720, making it only 10 ppi less than the iPhone 4 at 316.

Samsung having an event in London on Oct. 27, same day with NOKIA World event. Nokia is announcing the 1st windows phone...

30t6p3b.gif

Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about.

Time for Re-up. THe news have been stagnate and i don't like posting mis-informed information, so i won't.

so outside of the minor redesign and hardware accelerations what are the big differences in ice cream sandwich? outside that it can run on tablet and smartphone....

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

so outside of the minor redesign and hardware accelerations what are the big differences in ice cream sandwich? outside that it can run on tablet and smartphone....

I wouldn't say minor redesign because the Android Team got a new UI/UX designer Mathis Duarte to revamp the whole entire os and have Android have a more polish look like its competitors.
In terms of features, i can't say cause the information is not concrete enough. We will just have to wait
wink.gif

soo

the screen on my Samsung epic 4g just cracked
the phone seems to still function, however.

add to that my pc is broken and the one I'm borrowing doesn't seem to recognize my phone with/without drivers from Samsung website.

http://forums.androidcent...irect-screen-output.html
this is as far as I've searched.
what file should I be looking for if this worked?

also I used an ap to keep notes, did I lose notes I didnt back up?

I'd appreciate ANY HELP!
thank you!

So what makes this phone that much better than the Galaxy S 2? I never had an android phone and have been using my blackberry for the past 3 years. Looking to upgrade within the next month or so. I have an ATT plan so would I be able to get this phone, sorry to sound like such a newb but I don't really know anything about androids.
embarassed.gif

[Exclusive] Here Is What The Gmail, Email, And Calendar Ice Cream Sandwich Widgets Look Like
Well look what we have here. Somehow we've managed to come across pictures of a few Ice Cream Sandwich widgets. Specifically Gmail, Email, and Calendar. And to answer your next question, no, sadly, we can't hook you up with a download. We'd love to, but the widgets would actually need ICS to work.
It looks like they are all getting a nice coat of polish - we've helpfully included the old Honeycomb widgets for comparison (there are no equivalents of these in Gingerbread as far as I know, outside of an old and ugly simple calendar widget).

wm_gmail2.jpg

I just went and copped a GS2 the other day.. besides the screen being 720 that's really the only difference
laugh.gif
and it's running on 4.0 which I hoppppeeee GS2 gets.

Other than that, I see nothing. If it is that much better I still have a month or so to return it

Back
Top Bottom