The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

$55 for the royal blue is a deal. Been thinking about doubling up. Wish they did an all red pair the same way they did the black and blue pairs.

Been on the look out for the Duke cw in a 10.5 for a while. If anyone has leads other than eBay let me know. Thanks!

Wore these for Halloween :smokin

My Glove collection so far...I have all the colours that I wanted to grab...Kinda overkill on the black and whites
but I picked up two at retail when they first released and 2 recently at $65 worn one time and $80 for a 
DS pair at an expo.  I wore these and the "Son of Gloves" back in the late 90's.  

..Recently grabbed the dukes on eBay for 55 shipped :wow:

Bonus:  Nike Zoom Flight Club.  Back before the Gloves retroed this was as close as we got..
had to scoop em'.  

2 of my favorite kicks

Got plans for a very minor custom job on a pair of white/blacks to try and restore some of their original flavor. That white toecap just ruins the shoe for me.

On a sidenote... Passed on the Heat colorway, but now I'm fiending for a pair :lol:

If anyone knows where I could still cop a sz.13.. or 2. Let me know. Tried searching Ebay, but no luck.

Have you gone to Foot Action or Foot Locker and tried to order them in the store? I did that a couple months ago for $79. Outlets got them too.

Have you gone to Foot Action or Foot Locker and tried to order them in the store? I did that a couple months ago for $79. Outlets got them too.

Tried to see if FA could store locate them but no luck.

Haven't checked the outlet yet though. Might need to make a trip there tomorrow just to see what they got and maybe I'll get lucky.

Last edited:
I don't know much about the outlets but I know if you give them the number they can look up which outlets still have them and then just call that store and order. I think they just need the SKU to search their system. Someone else can confirm.

I don't know much about the outlets but I know if you give them the number they can look up which outlets still have them and then just call that store and order. I think they just need the SKU to search their system. Someone else can confirm.

That's how it used to be. It's now a hit or miss. Nike has directed employees to be less helpful and changed the attitudes they used to have.

These might not be in outlets anymore considering how long they were there and that they had hit low prices. I know I got the Oregon St ones from my local outlet for 50 - 30% I believe and this was a couple of months ago.

Got plans for a very minor custom job on a pair of white/blacks to try and restore some of their original flavor. That white toecap just ruins the shoe for me.

On a sidenote... Passed on the Heat colorway, but now I'm fiending for a pair :lol:

If anyone knows where I could still cop a sz.13.. or 2. Let me know. Tried searching Ebay, but no luck.

NOT my auction, just passing along info in case you're interested.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291611428865&alt=web

I need those. SMH, Nike did some great colors but they did some awful colors. Could have done a better job.

I'm still disappointed that these never made it to Nike ID. Seemed like it would have been the perfect shoe. Small cult following, simple color placement, minimal material choices. I really thought these had a chance, as they released right after Nike took the Zoom Flight 5 off of ID. Would have been a great replacement IMO.

Hell... Even if they only used materials already used on the 2013/2014 retros, we could have made some pretty dope colorways. :lol:

I'm kind of happy they didn't hit ID. I would have bought at least five or six pairs.

I've been looking on eBay daily for other old OG Payton models. Found some 4s in my size but more than I wanted to pay. Been looking for the white 3s, no idea why I sold them. Seen some 2s but not DS.

^Cuz... I stay on ebay looking for old GPs a couple times per week... I rock anything from 11.5-13 too..... We gotta keep in touch and make sure we're not idly driving up each others prices :rofl:

Dropped WAAAAY too much on a pair of Carolina blue SOG's a while back... Don't tell me that was you bidding against me :rofl:

I would've loved if these hit Nike ID...I picked up all the pairs i liked but being able to ID  a few pairs would've been nice.  Im guessing with the way these sold there is no chance of another retro or a possible Son of Glove retro. 

A shot of ID'ing a pair of any of these 3 woulda been 
happy.gif

...Loved balling in these in the late 90's.....

^Cuz... I stay on ebay looking for old GPs a couple times per week... I rock anything from 11.5-13 too..... We gotta keep in touch and make sure we're not idly driving up each others prices :rofl:

Dropped WAAAAY too much on a pair of Carolina blue SOG's a while back... Don't tell me that was you bidding against me :rofl:

Nah, wasn't me. I would love to get those. I've been looking for DS white 3s and any DS 4s. I found the Champs exclusive white and red 4s on eBay but he wants like $250 shipped or something. Too much for me. I wouldn't mind some 2s but I never see those in my size.

Wore these for Halloween 
smokin.gif

My Glove collection so far...I have all the colours that I wanted to grab...Kinda overkill on the black and whites

but I picked up two at retail when they first released and 2 recently at $65 worn one time and $80 for a 

DS pair at an expo.  I wore these and the "Son of Gloves" back in the late 90's.  

..Recently grabbed the dukes on eBay for 55 shipped 
eek.gif

Bonus:  Nike Zoom Flight Club.  Back before the Gloves retroed this was as close as we got..

had to scoop em'.  
Man your collection is ON POINT, I only had the Grey/orange ones. Couldnt pull the trigger for the blue ones for 80 bones and now Im salty.. That classic Black though.... cant get enough of those pairs

Back
Top Bottom