The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Nike is so cheap. In my opinion, if they're not going to make it right then why even bother. I guess it's all about profit and not about pleasing the people that have lined their pockets all of these years.
nope... it's clearly about getting the new generation to line their pockets twice as thick for years to come

Congrats GP !

In honor of the HOF induction...

yeah once I found it they weren't gonna have carbon fiber and instead have that lame reflective plastic it was a pretty big letdown.
but honestly, and like most folks I would think, I'm just happy they're retroing them at this point.
still though :smh:

Are any of you actually using these to play in? That's the only reason you should be upset that there's no carbon fiber. If you're just casually wearing them, then there's really no difference in performance, since they really won't be performing at all. :lol:

Are any of you actually using these to play in? That's the only reason you should be upset that there's no carbon fiber. If you're just casually wearing them, then there's really no difference in performance, since they really won't be performing at all. :lol:

not true sir, its all in the details, i guarantee if the retro XI and foamposite ones were missing the carbon fiber niketalk will be up in arms it has nothing to do with performance its about staying true to the original, nike has absolutely no other reason besides profit margin than to do this

not true sir, its all in the details, i guarantee if the retro XI and foamposite ones were missing the carbon fiber niketalk will be up in arms it has nothing to do with performance its about staying true to the original, nike has absolutely no other reason besides profit margin than to do this

I agree with it being about profit, but if all you're doing is walking around town, then it's whatever. I have played in my OGs, but now they're casual kicks. These will just be replaced by the retro for more casual use.

FYI- the "carbon fiber" on the XI hasn't been real for some time now.

Last edited:
loved GP speech at the HOF ceremony, cocky and notorious trash talker
grin.gif
but just like he said in his speech he can back it up big time

Last edited:
I always wanted a pair of these..
My mom wouldn't spend the extra dough to get the gloves..
So I had to settle for the white/navy son of gloves back in the day..
Can't wait for rd.

Back
Top Bottom