The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Yo guys I can use that b day coupon from footlocker on the white gloves right? Saw sum of yall usin it on black pair, Jus wondering , wudnt mind savin sum cash either way im coppin

I used it on the black/white in store but it depends on the store or the manager. My local FL is pretty relaxed about it. They even let you use it on J's first day of release...

Yo guys I can use that b day coupon from footlocker on the white gloves right? Saw sum of yall usin it on black pair, Jus wondering , wudnt mind savin sum cash either way im coppin

You can certainly use it 20 days after release, as long as they aren't worn. Manager suggested it when I bought them to do that unless I am pressed to wear them. I'm not just broke the black ones out today.

I like them.

That angle right there is what kills them for me, they just look so incomplete. I want to pick them up just because they're as close to his PE as I'm going to get and as a completist to match the original set, but I have no problem waiting on these until I absolutely "must" purchase them.

They are actually really good man... I was just too lazy to fix them up before the pic lol... I'd however go a half size up.

:x The lack of a liner just kills them.

Also.... it didnt bother me at first but seeing them on the foot with the zipper open makes the retros look too busy due to the black swoosh on the tongue and white swoosh on the velcro tab.

Last edited:
man ppl just nitpick so much its ridiculous

The lack of a liner, suede rand and white/black 3 piece outsole/toecap are major deviations from the shoes original design.

You can cal it nitpicking or hating or whatever you want to justify your purchase, but it doesn't change the fact these look like trash compared to the originals. Im gonna stay pointing it out because this was my favorite colorway, these retros are a disgrace to the original design and look damn near like some fakes.

Last edited:
I won't try to sound like an elitist, because for the most part I'm not. I didn't own the OGs, I wasn't really into shoes technically in 98, so I won't say how I remember the OGs... But that liner really looks like ****. If it wasn't for that, I'd more than likely scoop the white pair. I wouldn't consider it "nitpicking" when it's something that looks horrible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

just waiting for the heat and sonic colorway to drop. the white pair isn't bad but just too much white for me and just doesn't look that great on feet imo.

Took a gamble on sz 12.5 which is my  usual size. Wasn't sure if to get those or 13s but I like a snug fit and every 13 I tried on is always too big. Will find out once they arrive

Whites look clean zipped up... I might **** around and get em if I find for cheap enough and never zip em down while wearing....

Back
Top Bottom