The Handshake-Dap Mixup Vol. Arkward Moment

crap happens to me everyday at work. i go to shake a white guys hand (cause i assume he doesnt do the whole dap thing) and they always go to dap cause theyassume brothas do regular handshakes
laugh.gif
and we always get caughtsomewhere in btwn OR i give a brotha dap (and cause he's from a different hood/state) he hit me with the remix and im left looking like
grin.gif

roll.gif
the dudes at my work always switch it up, i just put my fist out for the pound now, lol. ive met a few guys from here even for some shoes that hit mewith the limp / semi ******ed hand shake, im just like
indifferent.gif

i feel the most akward when im dappin up the "chents" around my way, the real spanish dudes straight illegal amigos lol, they dap you up then hit youwith the pound real quick then throw up gang signs, lol, im like ughh, ya ... aight man lol. i feel weird as hell, QUE UNDA MIGO lol. im just like what up man
grin.gif

I go for the pound usually. I don't know what germs n !@+@ you got on your hands. Can't be too safe thesedays
laugh.gif

no really.

M!ke

i just usually do the punch like ryu and ken do
laugh.gif
. but when i do give aregular dap/handshake, dudes be tryna do that extra shhh, like duke, i'm on the run, i aint got time for all that extended stuff.
laugh.gif

it's all how you approach...

for this...
s_handshake3.jpg

you come in like this..
handshake.jpg

For this....
thumbgreeting.jpg

your whole arm has to be in more of a bent position with your thumb extended (towards you) and your fingers pointing up and a bit curved.
(sorry no pic found)

I hate when this happens with a chick. I only hug hello or goodbye if I know the girl well and we've hungout on more than a couple occasions. Friday night,I met this girl and instead of a handshake to introduce, she gave me the hug gesture and I stuck my hand out so we had 3 seconds of awkwardness going on.

Originally Posted by Tyson Mayweather

Forreal...'specially when it switches off in process lookin like "Rock, paper, rock, paper"
Real talk
smh.gif
joint is like a glitch in the matrix or somethin, mad awkward.
That MJ vid is close, but it doesn't even capture the true magnitude of the uneasiness. There was clearly a bit of tension with the two before thehandshake.
what's worst is when one person has 'rock' and another has 'paper' and the two combine, and it looks as if one guy is holding anotherguy's fist
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
exact reactions.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

For this....
thumbgreeting.jpg

your whole arm has to be in more of a bent position with your thumb extended (towards you) and your fingers pointing up and a bit curved.
(sorry no pic found)

WHO DOES THAT DIRTY?!!?!! Looking like a poster for a 90's gang PSA

you should always just wait and see what the other guy is throwing at you first... play defense ya know?

Yeah Dirty pretty much nailed it.

In the corporate world though there isn't any "daps" or anything like that unless you know your peers on that level.

roll.gif

As a white guy I generally go for the handshake. But when I start drinking then it's all dap. I've been in this situation many times, gotta love theawkwardness.

damn, sometimes i feel like im the only person in the world who constantly has this happen to them. From now on i just keep my hand in a fist and reach out forthe pound, so if someone is feeling awkward it aint gonna be me.

I know about the awkward moment with handshakes
laugh.gif

I generally just go in with the straight handshake, only some times do I do the dap.

You know what gets awkward? When you go to give a girl a kiss goodbye on the cheek (one of those "Kisses Hello, Kisses Goodbye" you give yourrelatives) and she just slips down for the hug, and the hug only.

Good point Dirty but that's hard to do if your already in very close proximity of the person lol

Back
Top Bottom