The Handshake-Dap Mixup Vol. Arkward Moment

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

For this....
thumbgreeting.jpg

your whole arm has to be in more of a bent position with your thumb extended (towards you) and your fingers pointing up and a bit curved.
(sorry no pic found)

WHO DOES THAT DIRTY?!!?!! Looking like a poster for a 90's gang PSA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was just about to say that, that is not a dap Dirty i dont know what the hellthat is.

But yea this happens to me like every 2 days, %#** is almost as annoying as when u and another person a walking towards each other and you end up doing thiswhole dance to get around the other guy.

But the most unappreciated thing is when you give someone dap and it is the most weak and limp dap ever. I understand a chicks dap to be weak but not a dudes.:smh:

I generally try to turn handshakes into awkward moments. Makes it more fun. Especially if someone is going for the handshake and you head in for a hug. LOL.Also the hug into a kiss combo is awesome. It is always funny to kiss someone on the neck when you hug them. Probably shouldnt do that with strangers though.Or maybe you should.

I be like
eek.gif
all the time when I start off with the handshake with older white guys, and they switch it up on you and turn it into daps.
laugh.gif

For this....
thumbgreeting.jpg

your whole arm has to be in more of a bent position with your thumb extended (towards you) and your fingers pointing up and a bit curved.
(sorry no pic found)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

gangViolence_060203_173.jpg

dudes in my hood know not to try to dap me up. daps are annoying. aint nothing more frustratin then walkin in the spot to see 10 people huddled in a small %+%room and u havin to walkin around dodgin various debris and items trying to walkin in a circle shakin everybodies hand. what kinda nonsense is that? *#%% ismad tedious.

i just give dudes the thumbs up.

corny?..damn right. but errybody knows the deal

I remember 1 time this dude gave me the firmest shake ever son was squeezing my fingers I even gave him a look like wth son?
laugh.gif

Usually I'm the agressive dapper.

There are those token times when I peep out the signal and change accordingly.

hate when this happens but majority of the time I can adapt to there way of dap and my hand just goes into motion.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

10 people huddled in a small %+% room and u havin to walkin around dodgin various debris and items trying to walkin in a circle shakin everybodies hand. what kinda nonsense is that? *#%% is mad tedious.�

Word to

Yeah i dont like the pound-shake approach word to charlie and mj
laugh.gif

for dap its usually the slide with the squeeze at the fingers, lock it. you can tell what type its gonna be by feeling it out nh

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

dudes in my hood know not to try to dap me up. daps are annoying. aint nothing more frustratin then walkin in the spot to see 10 people huddled in a small %+% room and u havin to walkin around dodgin various debris and items trying to walkin in a circle shakin everybodies hand. what kinda nonsense is that? *#%% is mad tedious.

i just give dudes the thumbs up.

corny?..damn right. but errybody knows the deal

foreal
roll.gif

id just walk around give most ppl dap but then id be like damn... too much dap. leave some folks hangin.
ohwell.gif

head nods and greetings ftw

Lol, I normally don't hand shake or dap when I'm sayin "whadup" to somebody. I just give em the "forearm bump" It's sorta likethrowin the "Whadup" fist but just bumpin the forearm like u got somethin on ya fingers. It works 95% or the time

For this....
thumbgreeting.jpg

(sorry no pic found)

roll.gif

Dudes literally be standing in the middle of the streets dapping each other up for a whole minute
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Dakingii

For this....
thumbgreeting.jpg

(sorry no pic found)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was just about to say that, that is not a dap Dirty i dont know what the hell that is.

But yea this happens to me like every 2 days, %#** is almost as annoying as when u and another person a walking towards each other and you end up doing this whole dance to get around the other guy.

But the most unappreciated thing is when you give someone dap and it is the most weak and limp dap ever. I understand a chicks dap to be weak but not a dudes.
smh.gif
...come on now..dont' tell you've never done this...switched it...and then pulled in for that half hug.

As a female I don't have this whole issue. I usually wait for the other person to make a move first tho.

knuckle pound FTW

I don't like shaking people's hands because most of the dudes I work with don't even wash their hands after using the restroom. That should sayalot about people in general.

roll.gif
@ this post.

I remember I had my keys in my hand and I was giving pounds and my dude [cool white dude] though I was gonna dap him up because that's what I gave himearlier and he palmed my whole fist.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom