The Home Audio Thread

Nice. I did end up getting the KEFs for the loft, along with a Denon 3700, connected to a 3 channel Emotiva amp powering the fronts.

20220729_090302_03.jpg

Still need a matching center speaker to finish the set, waiting for a sale.
Love the Kef's. My coworker just got some q950's and dual Crown 2502's. Imaging is spot on, sound stage is WIDE..and the output is damn near concert levels.

Get a decent stereo or 5.1 AVR and a couple of nice bookshelfs, add a sub later. Let me see what I can put together for a stack...

Better option if you ever want surround sound in the future

BIC America F12 12-Inch 475-Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer https://a.co/d/1nf52xf

Last edited:

KEF Q150 are $300 on Amazon. You can kinda play around here with speakers. Aiyima A07 is a serviceable amp for them at $80. Loxjie A30 if you want something more fancy. Dayton 10"/12" subwoofer for $150-$200. Get you some speaker wire, banana plugs if you want, stands, an RCA to 3.5mm cable and you're set.

If you want to go active speakers, perhaps a set of Kali LP6s.

Last edited:
The Q990B is an 11.1.4 channel soundbar with two satellite speakers and a sub. I didn't want to mess with buying every separate component and dealing with wires.

Reminds me of old PC speakers. SVS makes good speakers... but for $900 you can get a decent 5.1 AVR and some entry level floor standers or bookshelfs that should blow those away. Do you need wireless fronts? They make more sense as rears if you can still connect to an AVR.

Reminds me of old PC speakers. SVS makes good speakers... but for $900 you can get a decent 5.1 AVR and some entry level floor standers or bookshelfs that should blow those away. Do you need wireless fronts? They make more sense as rears if you can still connect to an AVR.
i like these cuz they have airplay 2
don't feel like doing a whole avr setup but we will see if these arent' good might return em
im using them as desktop speakers

Last edited:
Just realized theres a new 16 inch Klipsch subwoofer that is twice the wattage of my 15 inch (800 rms). Also cost twice as much... might cop if it ever goes on sale for half off

Also I did finally finish my KEF set up in the loft. Caught an Amazon warehouse deal and got a new 650C for almost $300 off retail. Might take an update pic later...

so far im liking these svs prime wireless, the sound is super nice on the highs and the lows, the bass has a nice punch but obviously a sub would make a difference, i missed hearing sounds like when someone is breating in a movie

The Kef R series is being cleared out... thinking about upgrading again already! Just copped the add on Atmos speakers for now but those R11s are looking really nice.

Back
Top Bottom