THE INVENTION OF LYING

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Starting the movie right now.
Will be back later to discuss.
word, i might watch it tonight as well.

This movie exaggerates part of the reason i'm not that religious but it was a VERY entertaining premise.

I'm glad I took the recommendations here and viewed the film.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

anton, not only have you named yourself after a lunatic but you seem so unhappy in life. you stay parading around niketalk bashing religion. you really spun a movie about the effects of dishonesty into an anti-religion fest. go sit down somewhere, dog.. God still loves you.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

how's med school going man?
It's physically and emotionally draining....basically everything I expected but it's going well. I can't complain because it getsprogressively worse. Just tryna enjoy my break and being idle for now.

How's Emory? What are you studying? I read at the Emory library pretty often.

I've been tryna figure out a way to sneak into your gym.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Actually, I thought it was pretty obvious it was a satire on religion. Not subliminal at all.

I really want to see this but haven't gotten around to it. Seems clever and totally original from alot of other movies that come out.

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

When Ricky opens the door as Jesus
roll.gif

This is the part of the movie that finally sealed it......like "what you're doing here I see it"
laugh.gif

I thought the movie was boring and outlandish imo. And I usually love Gervais's work

Just finished this movie. Thought provoking, to say the least.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ the news headline "MAN IN THE SKY CONTINUES TO GIVE AIDS TO BABIES," and, "MAN IN SKY MURDERS FORTY THOUSAND WITH TSUNAMI."

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

People were borderline ******ed in this movie, they were like little kids who can't think for themselves. God gave the gives cancer but also cures it. He creates natural disasters but death leads to mansions and ice cream so it all works out for the best.

you mean like real life? religious people follow the same logic. i liked the movie, thought it had some clever parts. yes it was all mostly commentary onreligion.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Just finished this movie. Thought provoking, to say the least.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ the news headline "MAN IN THE SKY CONTINUES TO GIVE AIDS TO BABIES," and, "MAN IN SKY MURDERS FORTY THOUSAND WITH TSUNAMI."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Totally forgot about the premarital sex/ birthday sex coupon scene.
roll.gif
This movie is genius. A coupon for sex, who thinks of that.
laugh.gif

Some parts were corny. Like just because you can't lie doesn't mean you say whatever is on your mind. Some of the movie was good though.

Originally Posted by That Guy

Some parts were corny. Like just because you can't lie doesn't mean you say whatever is on your mind. Some of the movie was good though.

I was thinking the same thing, a lot of stuff they said that was offensive they could have just kept to themselves. But i guess the point is everyone said whatwas on their mind at all times.

Back
Top Bottom