The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demarco seem like he doing just fine tbh.

Let Zeke eat. All the negative complaints about the NFL's transition to a passing league.

We get a stud RB used to being a work horse being deployed as such, I'm not trying to hear about putting him on a pitch count.

Morris trash let Zeke get his 300 carries on the season.

Last edited:
After hearing it, went and looked it up..

Morris only got 30 carries so far.. should be in the high 40s easily (which brings Zeke down closer to 90)

Don't get the Rams running gurley into the ground either (aren't their other backs decent?)

I get the Texans and pats doing it with Blount and Lamar miller, the other 2 backs with over 100 carries at this point

Good point :lol:

I just don't wanna see Zeke end up like MJD

What you mean? Not like MJD had his career cut short by overuse.

Gurley has to get run into the ground. If he's not getting 25-30 touches a game you might as well just suit up Goff.

Last edited:
I get the Texans and pats doing it with Blount and Lamar miller, the other 2 backs with over 100 carries at this point

I get the concern but it just seems to me this is exactly the Cowboys thought they drafted.

Before the season if you had told me Zeke would be leading the league in rushing attempts almost halfway through, I would have said, yep that one is panning out.

I get the concern but it just seems to me this is exactly the Cowboys thought they drafted.

Before the season if you had told me Zeke would be leading the league in rushing attempts almost halfway through, I would have said, yep that one is panning out.

5 games.. that's slightly less than a 1/3rd of the season

He's looking at 350-360 carries at this rate.. then you factor in whatever his catches end up being

DeMarco is having a good season so far I'm surprised buts that's an exception to the rule. Rb after as many carries that he had in 2014 are usually never the same.

That is what happened to mjd. Cant be running these dudes into the ground. Overworking your rb with toomany carries is not a good thing..
Common sense

Last edited:
Good point :lol:

I just don't wanna see Zeke end up like MJD

What you mean? Not like MJD had his career cut short by overuse.

Isn't that what happened? :lol:

He retired way before 30,thought it was injury related

Idk exact age but MJD had A LOT of mileage on him when he left Jacksonville. His career was probably extended if anything, sharing carries with Fred Taylor his first few seasons.

I'm willing to be MJD career rushing attempts far surpasses the average for the position.

Plus my theormy in regards running backs who are small of stature yet powerful and who run angry, they're always going to have a hard time matching the career longevity of bigger backs who just don't have to work as hard for the same yardage.

5 games.. that's slightly less than a 1/3rd of the season

He's looking at 350-360 carries at this rate.. then you factor in whatever his catches end up being

Why would we factor in pass catching when we're talking rushing attempts. Other RB's seeing action in the passing game too.

+300 carries I think the Cowboys should be very happy with the production.

+350 and I can understand a reason for concern but like you said, it's only week 5. I bet money right now he don't see a carry over 350 on the season.

Last edited:
^ goes to usage..

Ideally, in today's NFL if a RB is vital to the success of your team you want them to be between 250-300 carries and 40-60 catches

The carries are more important on that number because of the hits the guy is taking and from who

Last edited:
^ goes to usage..

Ideally, in today's NFL if a RB is vital to the success of your team you want them to be between 250-300 carries and 40-60 catches

The carries are more important on that number because of the hits the guy is taking and from who

I guess I was saying it's a given that touches out the backfield in the passing game will be factored into usage.

That ideal usage formula might sound nice in theory but Dallas is Dallas, they got Zeke and the best run blocking O-line money can buy.

Zeke was billed as a guy who could carry the load i.e. a 25 touches a game, every game type. A rarity in today's NFL I know.

Dudes were ready to call him a bust after week 2, but now that he's doing his job we're worried about usage.

Imo Dallas needs to continue feeding him, I'm not trying to hear about Alfredo Morris needing touches. :lol:

Last edited:
Just because a guy isn't capable of running it 25-30 times per doesn't mean that is what you should strive to do

Just like you want to limit your QB throwing it 50 times per

Sure there are situations when you can/should do that.. but that's not something you regularly want to do

Especially when you have another capable back like Morris (and McFadden whenever he's back).. not saying their should be a 50/50 split or anything.. but you want to track where exactly the guy is at and think larger picture

I agree with the premise, I just disagree in that I'm not at all concerned over Zeke's current usag, fully taking the big picture into account.

Last edited:
My friend got Alfred Morris as a throw-in with his trade he did this past weekend so I'm gonna need to agree with everybody saying he needs more carries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom