'The Irishman' Confirmed: Scorsese Directing De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Keitel in 2011

pimp.gif
 movie is a winner already 
if Leo gets added to the cast in anyway my head might explode, it would just be too much 

pimp.gif
 movie is a winner already 
if Leo gets added to the cast in anyway my head might explode, it would just be too much 

john-wall-dougie-o.gif

I read about this the other day, but to see that it's confirmed! And the anticipation begins...

john-wall-dougie-o.gif

I read about this the other day, but to see that it's confirmed! And the anticipation begins...

Originally Posted by JBug88

It would not surprise one bit if this movies buh-lows...
mark it down...
Besides a Jack Kevorkian biopic, whan was the last time Pacino did anything good?
Like the article says, Pesci's done 2 movies in the last decade...
DeNiro's been reduced to kid's movies and comedies...
And Keitel hasn't been good since he was Mr. Wolf..
Don't get me wrong, individually, they are among my favorite actors of all time. put them together and you have another Expendables...
why don't they throw Chris Walken in there for good measure?
Ray Liotta might need work these days too...

-J-

i agree.. i hate to be a Debbie Downer, but ensemble casts (especially ones as big as this) usually dont turn out good..
hopefully Marty works his magic and proves me wrong. 

mark it down...
Besides a Jack Kevorkian biopic, whan was the last time Pacino did anything good?
Don't get me wrong, individually, they are among my favorite actors of all time. put them together and you have another Expendables...

-J-

i agree.. i hate to be a Debbie Downer, but ensemble casts (especially ones as big as this) usually dont turn out good..

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

DiCaprio should be in this too...

...it's time.

It would be too much G. It would be just waaaaaay too much, in a good way. Martin would have waaaay too much talent...

NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POWER!

pimp.gif
Excited to see this. Dicaprio being in it on top of that would be insane.

Hopefully Leo does the Sinatra biopic that Scorsese's directing. Even though he doesnt look like Sinatra at all, i have no doubt it would be great.
James Franco would do interesting too but i doubt he's even in the running.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

DiCaprio should be in this too...

...it's time.

It would be too much G. It would be just waaaaaay too much, in a good way. Martin would have waaaay too much talent...

NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POWER!

pimp.gif
Excited to see this. Dicaprio being in it on top of that would be insane.

Hopefully Leo does the Sinatra biopic that Scorsese's directing. Even though he doesnt look like Sinatra at all, i have no doubt it would be great.
James Franco would do interesting too but i doubt he's even in the running.

Originally Posted by proper english

mark it down...

-J-

[table][tr][td]

[/td][td]Leonardo DiCaprio[/td][td]...[/td][td]
Billy Costigan
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Matt Damon[/td][td]...[/td][td]
Colin Sullivan
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Jack Nicholson[/td][td]...[/td][td]
Frank Costello
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Mark Wahlberg[/td][td]...[/td][td]
Staff Sgt. Dignam
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Martin Sheen[/td][td]...[/td][td]
Cpt. Queenan
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Alec Baldwin[/td][td]...[/td][td]
Cpt. Ellerby
[/td][/tr][/table]

You could have said the same thing about The Departed. Except it had two stars in DiCaprio and Damon... Nicholson who didn't star in anything big in awhile, Wahlberg, Martin Sheen didn't star in anything big other than TV on The West Wing in years, Baldwin who wasn't doing anything big or important for some time either.

It's not as if Pacino, Deniro, and the rest have been churning out gangster movies every single year, maybe they haven't found anything good they want to work on, maybe they want to spend time with family or are "retired" like Pesci, or have other pursuits like DeNiro, or they're just taking easy paydays with safe movies.

Understandably with these names attached people are excited and rightfully skeptical, but let's not insult SCORSESE here. No one should be doubting his talents, track record, or ability to make a film and cast work.

Originally Posted by proper english

mark it down...

-J-

[table][tr][td]

Billy Costigan
Colin Sullivan
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Frank Costello
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Staff Sgt. Dignam
Cpt. Queenan
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Cpt. Ellerby
[/td][/tr][/table]

You could have said the same thing about The Departed. Except it had two stars in DiCaprio and Damon... Nicholson who didn't star in anything big in awhile, Wahlberg, Martin Sheen didn't star in anything big other than TV on The West Wing in years, Baldwin who wasn't doing anything big or important for some time either.

It's not as if Pacino, Deniro, and the rest have been churning out gangster movies every single year, maybe they haven't found anything good they want to work on, maybe they want to spend time with family or are "retired" like Pesci, or have other pursuits like DeNiro, or they're just taking easy paydays with safe movies.

Understandably with these names attached people are excited and rightfully skeptical, but let's not insult SCORSESE here. No one should be doubting his talents, track record, or ability to make a film and cast work.

Two things in life are certain...death and Martin Scorsese making good movies. Even his bad movies (Shutter Island, Gangs of New York) are still great by most directors standards. His good movies (Goodfelllas, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver) are iconic and timeless.

Two things in life are certain...death and Martin Scorsese making good movies. Even his bad movies (Shutter Island, Gangs of New York) are still great by most directors standards. His good movies (Goodfelllas, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver) are iconic and timeless.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

[table][tr][td]

Billy Costigan
Colin Sullivan
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Frank Costello
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Staff Sgt. Dignam
Cpt. Queenan
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Cpt. Ellerby
[/td][/tr][/table]

i really, really want this to be a good movie.. like i said, im hoping Marty can prove me wrong as he is the only one on that list that still has a respectable film resume (past decade) 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

[table][tr][td]

Billy Costigan
Colin Sullivan
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Frank Costello
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Staff Sgt. Dignam
Cpt. Queenan
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Cpt. Ellerby
[/td][/tr][/table]

i really, really want this to be a good movie.. like i said, im hoping Marty can prove me wrong as he is the only one on that list that still has a respectable film resume (past decade) 
pimp.gif

Are you telling me De Niro AND Pacino are both gonna have 1 more respectable film before they die?!

I'll believe it when I see it. 
nerd.gif
 GOD DAMN HYPED THOUGH!!!!

Are you telling me De Niro AND Pacino are both gonna have 1 more respectable film before they die?!

I'll believe it when I see it. 
nerd.gif
 GOD DAMN HYPED THOUGH!!!!

mark it down...

-J-

THIS!! I fully expect this movie to suck. However, I'll probably still watch it on a rainy Tuesday night. 

Back
Top Bottom