The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

So it looks like our boy's going to the White Sox.

Being a Griffey fan and an Angel fan, it really doesn't matter to me what other team he's on, because I already don't care about his team; justhim.

But in regards to this thread, I would think the Remixes he's going to be wearing now are going to be pretty boring.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by chezzer10

I have the game somewhere with tons of vhs tapes and no labeling its pretty hard to find but i am looking for it keep you posted
Cool... def let me know if you get around to digging that tape out... Thanks...

And regarding the Jr. trade... if he gets a shot at the World Series, I guess I can't complain... no doubt he deserves a ring... gives me something else toroute for other than my M's
tired.gif
(supporting Jr., not the Sox)

Will the Sox still play in Seattle? also gives the Seattle fans to see their boy...

Lol... just 'grey-scale' all the Swingman Remix pics...

As a Cubs fan, I don't know how I feel about this. No offense, but they are going to let him play center? Dye & Quentin have LF/RF locked up; moveSwisher to first and platoon him with Paully? I don't get this deal.

Regardless, I'll have to make it down to the South Side a little more than I would like to see Junior Griffey.

even in this day and age, to see the words "Ken Griffey Jr traded to White Sox" scroll across my TV screen wasan absolute shocker. I sat there eating my frosted flakes with my jaw to the floor for a good ten seconds. It is going to be sooo odd to see him in thewhite/black uni. Even though we've been hearing trade rumors for year, I'm still in utter disbelief. I'm happy for him though, go get you a ringJr!

M!ke

I think Junior will look classy in the black and white uni's and I'm looking forward to seeing if he can win a ring..but I agree that the Remixes maylose their flair without a third color. I don't think Junior is too concerned though..

Guess who's buying a white sox hat on the way home from work tonight..

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

As a Cubs fan, I don't know how I feel about this. No offense, but they are going to let him play center? Dye & Quentin have LF/RF locked up; move Swisher to first and platoon him with Paully? I don't get this deal.

Regardless, I'll have to make it down to the South Side a little more than I would like to see Junior Griffey.

You better go in sunglasses and a hat.
roll.gif

I think it's F'in awesome that we AL guys get to see him come through. Damn Chi Sox don't come to Seattle this year. Away games, though.
Best believe I'm pouncing TicketMaster next March.

Originally Posted by mhsrunner09

This weekend.

Here's a thought, guys. #3 is retired, #30 is Nick Swisher, #24 is Crede. What number will grace Jr's back?

I couldn't help myself...

dzuptv.jpg

I had to see how Junior would look. I'm guessing he'll go with the grey PE's with the away uni, but I didn't feel like PS'ing them too.

^
laugh.gif
thats pretty impressive... yep, I also expect him to be wearing black/grey cleats for the away games...

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Originally Posted by mhsrunner09

This weekend.

Here's a thought, guys. #3 is retired, #30 is Nick Swisher, #24 is Crede. What number will grace Jr's back?

I'm going with either #33 or #6, or he'll take #24 from Swisher. That would be
smokin.gif
. anybody else?

M!ke

I think itz a good look for him..imma Red Sox fan..kinda sad that ma favorite player on the team also got traded today..

I think KGJ will be very good playing back in CF..what do yall think?

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Stringer said Nick Swisher's gonna give JR #30.

Interesting. That would be a good look.
I haven't worn a Chi Sox hat since the Jodeci days.
laugh.gif

sox dont come to seattle for the rest of the year
frown.gif

closest trip is oakland for all seattle-ites

In a bit of a cold-blooded move, I heard the Reds had all the Jr. stuff at the stadium taken down by noon today.
frown.gif
Not gonna lie. It's gonna be weird outin my right field seats on Monday when they get back into town. I'm planning on wearing my Nike 600 shirt and a White Sox hat in semi-protest, lol.

-J

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

I couldn't help myself...

dzuptv.jpg

I had to see how Junior would look. I'm guessing he'll go with the grey PE's with the away uni, but I didn't feel like PS'ing them too.

I wish I could do that with photoshop...

As a Reds fan i Was glad Griffey got traded....

For two reasons.
1. Griffey is no longer a red , as much as I respect what he did as a player, his time as a Cincinnati Red was long overdue...
2. He gets a chance to contend for a world series!!

First thing I looked up was if Chicago had any road games in Seattle. Too bad they don't and I'm in a NL city.

I am beyond upset to see the greatest player I have every seen leave my city.

And the sad thing is that this city doesn't even appreciate him. The city of Cincinnati wants a guy that talks to the media everynight, hits 90 HRs andhustles like Pete Rose. In this day and age it isnt going to happen, get over it.

Atleast we got 2 bums for Jr. SMH

well, now you cincy fans know how us M's fans felt when we lost Jr. IN HIS PRIME. That was one of the saddest days in my 'sports fan' life...
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom