The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Oh. Dear. Lord.
devil.gif

As a general rule, I hate all black shoes. I've got 87 pairs of shoes, and only 2 all-black (or all dark) shoes: black/navy OG XIII lows, and Air Carnivores. That's it.

But those... as soon as I saw the pic, my face did that combination of
eek.gif
+
embarassed.gif
. Those are ridiculous.

Yeah Ska, that's pretty much what I said/did when my friend sent me that pic. All I can say is these GM1's, in the immortal words of Long DuckDong, make me happy in pants. lol

Peace,
J

Originally Posted by blco02

Originally Posted by DEpast

Originally Posted by K23J

Originally Posted by nine point five

what number is Jr wearing? I know it's a dumb question, I'm slackin
tired.gif
anyways, went and saw the retro's yesterday at the mall. the sneaker snob in me just wouldn't allow me to buy this bastardized version of my favorite shoe ever...

M!ke
Bastardized version? Seriously?

These retros are great quality and nearly identical to the 1995 pair.

^ Take a look at the air bubbles. Bastardized is an understatement.

Well they work for me. As my favorite shoe, the air bubbles on the Griffs weren't that important considering I have not had a pair of thesein quite some time.

Originally Posted by blco02

Originally Posted by K23J

Originally Posted by nine point five

what number is Jr wearing? I know it's a dumb question, I'm slackin
tired.gif
anyways, went and saw the retro's yesterday at the mall. the sneaker snob in me just wouldn't allow me to buy this bastardized version of my favorite shoe ever...

M!ke
Bastardized version? Seriously?

These retros are great quality and nearly identical to the 1995 pair.

^ Take a look at the air bubbles. Bastardized is an understatement.

Well they work for me. As my favorite shoe, the air bubbles on the Griffs weren't that important considering I have not had a pair of these in quite some time.
Maybe I've just spoiled myself, but I've had three pairs in the last three years so not having themhasn't been an issue. On that note, I'm still not sure why OG's are going for less than the retro's right now, but I'd suggest you guysstop waiting around and scoop them up. I mean, $91 for some OG's in box is just absurd...
smh.gif

PS anybody notice the aqua color on the OG's is now referred to as "Fresh Water" instead of "MarinerEmerald"? smh

M!ke

For those of you interested, these are listed as a Holiday shoe, and I did a little more digging. The leather upper on these is anthracite, not black. Sowe're looking at black durabuck and a dark grey upper. The plot thickens, haha.

Peace,
J

nine point five - I noticed that too, butfresh water isint that color lol, its clear, no clue why they ditched the mariner emerald tag. And ya I know what your talking about, ive seen more griffslisted in the past month than the previous year, and for alot less.
sick.gif

Also, those all black ones on the last page... those are terrible, whoever came up with that colorway should be sent to an art re-traning camp or something,SinnerP comes up with better colorways than nike does! Id far rather have the third un-retrod og colorway, then they can fiddle with these strange colorcombos.

610xs.jpg

Seattle Mariners' Ken Griffey Jr. connects for a solo home run off Minnesota Twins pitcher Francisco Liriano during the fifth inning of an MLB baseball game in Minneapolis, Monday, April 6, 2009.

e7a24938c3b0a5e538be1d87e00c1815fa08ed.gif

Ya I was watching the game,I knew he was gonna continue being the beast this year. Wish I could say the same for these Nationals
ohwell.gif

I didn't get to watch the game, was he wearing the Remixes or something more........"traditional?"

Aye... apparently not many people in the Retro Griffey tread care about his Opening Day homer...
smh.gif

Good to see the real fans in here...

Looks like the all-black Remixes with a white Swoosh...
2008996537.jpg

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Aye... apparently not many people in the Retro Griffey tread care about his Opening Day homer...
smh.gif

2008996537.jpg

lol...dude, i think it's just a bit fresh still...the kid in mariners uniform rounding the bags almost brought a tear to my eye...griffey is the MAN, imean the KID, well you know what i mean

It didn't have to happen this way. Having the Kid back was enough, but this is like sprinkles on the icing of the cake. If talks of the chemistry beinggood are true, the Mariners will be surprise underdogs. I'm looking forward to going back home and going to Safeco.

smh.gif

Thanks for the pic SinnerP, and I definitely care about the Opening Day bomb
pimp.gif

Thanks again for that PS of the navy AGM1. It's my wallpaper and I can't quit looking at it
laugh.gif
. I just need to get the program myself, I'd be
messing with colorways all day.

the kid tied Frank Robinson for the most opening day HRs at 8...let the 'what if' the injuries never took such a toll on him continue...let's hopeseattle has a good year with him in the lineup

smh.gif

2008996537.jpg
There's people who copped the AGM's because they USED to be fans and then there's us. So yeah, I agree. The Real. Watch outnow.....I might OD blah blah blah
grin.gif

610xs.jpg

Everything about that looks so right, like the universe was askew before, but is now lined back up correctly.

laugh.gif

HnT ~
lol.gif
you 7-pair, Griffey cell wallpaper, cardboard cutout, OD fanatic...
tongue.gif

To some of those kids, the shoe's been hyped up so much that 'Griffey' to them is just the name of the shoe. They could careless about theplayer.
sad.gif
And in all fairness, they have every right to not give a $#!# about the Kid, butI think its such a shame...
larrivee7 wrote:
Thanks again for that PS of the navy AGM1. It's my wallpaper and I can't quit looking at it
laugh.gif
. I just need to get the program myself, I'd be
messing with colorways all day.

Lol... thats what I've been doing, ODing on various colorways... its not that hard really, once you cut the shoe up into various pieces, the color-changingprocess is relatively simple... the rest is tinkering with the shadows, highlights, tints, burn, etc. to get the look right... I'll send you the higher-reznavy one later... I intentially made it smaller to cover-up the imperfections
embarassed.gif

haha yea HnT we dont wanna see you "OD" it now lol everything just seemed so right seeing the kid hit an opening day home run in a mariners uniform

Back
Top Bottom