The KKK left a flyer in my cousin's driveway...

I had this posted in General last night, but I figured I would bring it to the regional forum as well...there was a small write-up in the WaPo metro sectionabout this in today's paper...

They live about 40-45 minutes outside of Washington, DC (in VA). On Wednesday, they went outside to get the newspaper, and they found a KKK newsletter/pamphletin the driveway. The pamphlet contained a bunch of BS, as well as places to meet if you are interested in finding out more about the "brotherhood."Upon finding the KKK stuff, they called the police. The police went around the neighborhood and they found that the pamphlets were scattered in randomdriveways. My cousins sent a letter to the mayor of their town, and expressed how it was no coincidence that the day after we have Obama sworn in, they getthis racist mess on their property. They also said that they understand freedom of speech, but as the only black family on their block, they are nervous abouta violent act or something along those lines happening. They've lived in this specific town for 40 years and NEVER had anything like this happen.

You hear about this stuff all the time, but when it happens to a family member, it's totally shocking. I was heated when I found out today.Unbelievable....my cousins are pissed, scared, and annoyed. They are great people, as are many that live in their neighborhood. Bigots are getting bolder in09'
smh.gif

Where are they in Virginia? That's very unfortunate though. Said bigots are shook now that Obama has officially been sworn in.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Where are they in Virginia? That's very unfortunate though. Said bigots are shook now that Obama has officially been sworn in.
Leesburg

Damn, that is right up the road from me(Centreville)

In a way, it does not surprise me either.

I still get funny looks from time to time since I moved out this way.

Disappointed White Supremist over here in Gainesville too. Goin to Target or Ross or Walmart or Best Buy....

Lookin at me and the wifey sends chills thru their Spine word to Xerxes

"racism still alive they just be concealing it..."

TRUE STORY. it aint going nowhere....but u would think people would stop their foolishness but some just dont know any better....smh

im bout to start a local chapter of the cucamonga cracker killers...word to cube...j/k
but all jokes aside...its like jeezy said...its a HANDS OFF policy...this aint the 60's no more...these yungin's gon RIDE...

if it makes you and yours feel any better, the KKK at this point is just an old man's redneck social club. as far as a violent act is concerned they holdno weight and pose no threat. while it is a shane an organization like this is still around, at least were at a point where they arent even taken seriouslyenough to scare anyone

Kenny from MD wrote:
if it makes you and yours feel any better, the KKK at this point is just an old man's redneck social club. as far as a violent act is concerned they hold no weight and pose no threat. while it is a shane an organization like this is still around, at least were at a point where they arent even taken seriously enough to scare anyone

[Lee Corso] NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! [/Lee Corso]

Kenny, as a black man I can say that as long as there is racism on this earth, there willalways be a "threat"...

My-T.

thats not what i was trying to say.
and as a white man i can tell you what/who the KKK is actually comprised of.
we arent in central pa, a KKK chapter in these parts is the equivalent of the moose lodge.

And I get what youre saying but all i mean is that as long as there is a KKK chapter around me, moose lodge or not, theyre still not gonna be the friendliestif i was alone near them.

My-T.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Leesburg
aww boo. i'm right down 7

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

And I get what youre saying but all i mean is that as long as there is a KKK chapter around me, moose lodge or not, theyre still not gonna be the friendliest if i was alone near them.

My-T.

Obviously it wont be comfortable or nice, and the mere existence of such a group is a threat, that goes without saying

Back
Top Bottom