THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...OFFSEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a trade like this for DC would be crazy :lol:
5174EB83-9030-4BB6-BEE0-B7E643FF82A8.jpeg

What kinda concerns me about the Carr deal is that the Raiders can’t negotiate a deal until AFTER they’re on the hook for his salary.

So what stops Carr from screwing the Raiders and saying I only wanna go to _______. He has a no trade clause, so Raiders are forced to trade him there for whatever pick they can get. Why would Carr want his new team to have to give up 3 picks for him. Force your hand and give the Raiders one 7th rd pick

What kinda concerns me about the Carr deal is that the Raiders can’t negotiate a deal until AFTER they’re on the hook for his salary.

So what stops Carr from screwing the Raiders and saying I only wanna go to _______. He has a no trade clause, so Raiders are forced to trade him there for whatever pick they can get. Why would Carr want his new team to have to give up 3 picks for him. Force your hand and give the Raiders one 7th rd pick
yea, a lot of NFL insiders make it sound like a trade is gonna happen but i don’t see why.

unless Derek thinks he won’t get as much money on the open market as he got on his current contract. i have no idea how much DC is financially worth to other teams.

I feel like he’d want to stay on his contract. Especially with a NTC. But will a team be willing to to want to take that on or take their chances in FA.

Good points. I don’t think Derek will get another contract that’s the same or more than his current, so financially it makes more sense for him to accept a trade. Now if he doesn’t care that much about the money and just wants to win, he should just let the Raiders cut him so he can pick where he goes. The issue is that he can go from $35mil next season to like $20mil. I honestly don’t think anyone is going to pay him $30mil+ per season.

This is exactly what I was mentioning yesterday

C11F6CA8-C855-409D-9543-3FA04FBC16B9.jpeg

ProFootballTalk gotta be the worse tho. I understand the idea of Carr hittin the open market may be better for him (or not?), but Mike Florio is the worse at reporting NFL News.

ProFootballTalk gotta be the worse tho. I understand the idea of Carr hittin the open market may be better for him (or not?), but Mike Florio is the worse at reporting NFL News.
It’s not just them reporting. There’s multiple articles today mentioning there’s something going on as the raiders haven’t granted his agent “permission” to seek a trade

It’s not just them reporting. There’s multiple articles today mentioning there’s something going on as the raiders haven’t granted his agent “permission” to seek a trade
if thats the case then forget what Schefter was reporting last week - his release is inevitable then.

only the raiders could **** this up
But they’re really in a ****ty position due to the way the dates are set up and the no trade clause.

You cut him and you get nothing for him.

You don’t cut him and hope to find a trade partner. Derek vetos trade to **insert sorry team** and now it’s well known he only wants to go to team a or team b. Raiders lose a ton of leverage and now you almost give him away to ensure you don’t get stuck with that $40 mil you gotta pay him.

I don’t see Carr doing them any favors considering how it ended, so Raiders have to be careful.

Articles say they don’t think Carr would get paid more than he is getting paid this year, so it would be in his best interest to not get cut. But nowadays with QB salaries, you never know.

this gotta be what mr jordan04 mr jordan04 was talkin about.

if I were the Raiders, i’m getting trade offers without consulting Derek Carr at first and act as the conduit. If I get a few that i like, i present them to DC and see which he prefers, but yea I don’t think letting Derek talk to teams directly is smart business.

whether they agree to terms and breakdown after Feb. 15th then thats a risk they gotta take. maybe DC will renegotiate the deadline if its a destination he prefers.

but i still feel like the cut is the inevitable way things are gonna shake out.

Forgot they doing the flag football jawn.

For a second thought we might see him rock the helmet one last time. 🙁

We paying it anyways aint nobody trading for him when Ziegler and McDaniels backed themselves the franchise into a ditch

basically everything we’re talking about

Is it possible for a trade? yes
is it going to be difficult? also yes

So basically trade him this week or things might get weird.

But I thought nothing could be done until free agency opened on March 15th?

my best guess, and i haven’t seen this anywhere, but find a trade partner and see if DC agrees to it. in a perfect world everything falls into place when the new league year starts.

if its even slightly questionable, they’ll cut him and just move on. no draft capital in return is better than a $40m salary on a player the coaches don’t want.

This whole interview is pretty interesting, but here is the snippet of DC from Maxx's perspective.

:lol:

my guy ajiiiplatinum ajiiiplatinum gonna have a heart attack if DC goes down in the Pro Bowl :lol:

:lol:
No joke they shoulda cut him yesterday.
Feels like NFL is just doing this to mess with the Raiders.
Raiders dont need anything else from Carr…they need to cut him and forget about a trade.
Let some other sucker over pay

Back
Top Bottom