THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...OFFSEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea I don’t know Turner from the next guy, but I read phrases like,

“former Commanders OC”

“Elevated pass-game roll”

“A key hire”

And I almost laugh out loud.

Anytime I’ve seen anything positive out of Washington’s passing game in recent years it was just Terry McLaurin doing something outrageously good and off script.

Regardless of how we all feel about Carr, Raiders front office looking like complete dummies for how they handled this.

Not giving me much hope for the future here.

nah, raiders front office ****ed up by having this random *** date for a guaranteed contract instead of having it closer to the draft or at minimum at the start of the new league year. it really put them in this dumb *** situation of having to do something with no leverage.

You could’ve benched him without completely burning and blowing up the bridge.

Example:
“we are out of playoff contention. We are going to bench you because we want to get a look at our young players. You can stay with the team.” Instead of: “we’ve missed the playoffs and we are going to bench you because we are afraid you will get hurt and your contract will become guaranteed for next year. Go home because you will become a distraction”.

Dude Carson Wentz got a 2nd rounder last year. CARSON WENTZ. The only qb worth a damn on the market is AR and you’ll have to trade a lot for him. When the only qb options in 2023 are rookie, Jimmy G, and Brissett, Derek Carr has tons of value. Even at an inflated contract (He has a high base salary so you can renogatiate his contract anyway after trading for him).

I can’t think of a worse way they played this. If they gave off the SLIGHT illusion that DC could return next year, you give yourself so much more leverage. The Colts, Jets, Panthers, Commanders and Saints are all desperate for QBs. All those teams think they are a vet qb away from winning. 1 or 2 of those teams might start a rookie but that still leaves other trade candidates. Now we lose an asset for nothing all because they played it wrong.

how do you know thats how the conversation went? you're just going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's just not butt hurt? same dude said he would retire instead of playing for the Raiders, remember? they gave him a prove it deal with a way out in case he doesnt perform. he didnt perform. idc if we get nothing for him at this point. its time to move on.

He’s fasho done with the Raiders. My only point is it doesn’t look good on management’s part to get nothing in return for a quarterback who will be in high demand in the open market. Doesn’t give me much trust in this particular front office in the future.

people really can't admit raiders played it wrong?

it's funny cause this organization continues to show the future is bleak with no plans to change, and fans have no problem saying lets get rid of an asset for nothing but claim he's the one "butthurt."

I’d prefer to move slight up in the draft to get CJ Stroud than trade for Aaron Rodgers. I don’t think I’d like to trade away a 1st for ARod. I don’t know what his market will look like and what a trade will require for him….

here's a clip of him talking about the 1%.

funny that the raiders are scared of him going behind their back possibly agreeing with another team to wait to FA, yet the raiders being unable to find a trade partner ultimately leading to the same conclusion anyway.(his release)

people really can't admit raiders played it wrong?

it's funny cause this organization continues to show the future is bleak with no plans to change, and fans have no problem saying lets get rid of an asset for nothing but claim he's the one "butthurt."

Everyone is overvaluing Carr bc it’s “lol Raiders”, when he’s coming off a bad season and hasn’t won **** in 9 years. Idc about the defense excuses or the lack of FO stability. At the end of the day his record as a starter doesn’t change and neither does his playoff record. Let him go wherever he wants. He’s not getting 40 mil though. Oh wait isn’t he supposed to retire? Wait didn’t he also say he’d only play for Gruden? Hmmm.

Everyone is overvaluing Carr bc it’s “lol Raiders”, when he’s coming off a bad season and hasn’t won **** in 9 years. Idc about the defense excuses or the lack of FO stability. At the end of the day his record as a starter doesn’t change and neither does his playoff record. Let him go wherever he wants. He’s not getting 40 mil though. Oh wait isn’t he supposed to retire? Wait didn’t he also say he’d only play for Gruden? Hmmm.
at the end of the day the Carr family knows how to play the PR game. They do a brilliant job of marketing their brand on tv and social media.
And they did a great job of selling Reggie, Mark , and part of the fan base a lemon.

at the end of the day the Carr family knows how to play the PR game. They do a brilliant job of marketing their brand on tv and social media.
And they did a great job of selling Reggie, Mark , and part of the fan base a lemon.

its just cringy to see how many people stan hard for a career loser. don't get me wrong, i root for everyone on this team and i was happy we drafted him up until the 2017 season. he was just never the same after that injury. he'd show flashes of brilliance and have some great games. he'd also do the stupidest thing like throw the ball away on 4th and GOAL :smh: and have terrible games. too inconsistent and we didnt win with him, so whats the difference if we lose without him? too many are hung up on "remember the Jamarcus Russell, Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks, etc. days?". i do. and now we can add Carr's name to that list of guys that didnt win the Raiders anything. some folks are acting like we let Brady or Manning walk...

Thinking the raiders front office played the situation wrong because they won’t get anything of value back =/= stanning for Carr.

I’ve never actually met a Carr Stan in my life.

Back
Top Bottom