"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

1607988023690.jpeg

Nobody was gonna fight with Tyson at that time. Nobody. Especially in a street style. So to say MJ was scared means nothing. Who would not want to get out of that moment? This story has been known for years. The funny thing here is we all act like MJ was the first athlete to ever screw around on his wife. Was he wrong? Hell yeah and he paid for it to the tune of some 170 million dollars. I think Juanita is ok now.
What does it take for naysayers to like Michael Jordan? Nothing. Because people will always be consumed in their beliefs no matter what logic and reality you put in front of them. Successful people will always have this. It will never be any other way. Dude was human to. But some have unrealistic expectations of our famed performers and seem let down when they are flawed, you know, like us.
Lebron on the other hand like Mike, has donated millions of dollars to charities, building schools, hospitals, etc. Did MJ do all this during his playing days? No, not to the extent of Lebron. But he did have charities and foundations while he played for handicapped and less fortunate children and families. People seem to choose to forget about all that.
None of these things they HAD to do. They CHOSE to do. Now I know some are gonna dissect this quote, look for a reason to have an issue with it, tag their buddies, throw insults in hopes I will respond negatively so they can tag Meth. And entertain themselves with incorrectly labeling me for my opinion. Its unfortunate, but it will happen.
Pro Athletes are entertainers. Not role models. Not activists. Not politicians. If they choose to do any of the other, great. The hope is they have the knowledge and understanding of what they say before they hit the send button. Its too easy to spew venom behind a labtop or a phone.

is Jordan beyond critique?

No. but if I would choose a role model both in sport and in person, it would be Messi. still not a fan of soccer but watching his highlights and interviews and interaction with the general public, He would be the best candidate imo. the guy beat all odds to reach that pinnacle of success as a whole, not because he worked hard for it but simply because he is that ordinary.
Lebron has bad hair? Lol.

We acting like MJ hasnt rocked a zero for a long minute.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/lebron-james-michael-jordan-teammates-who-is-nba-goat/

bad hair? seriously, how can someone have bad hair if he doesn't have one. on the otherhand, he does have ugly feet.

Nobody was gonna fight with Tyson at that time. Nobody. Especially in a street style. So to say MJ was scared means nothing. Who would not want to get out of that moment? This story has been known for years. The funny thing here is we all act like MJ was the first athlete to ever screw around on his wife. Was he wrong? Hell yeah and he paid for it to the tune of some 170 million dollars. I think Juanita is ok now.
What does it take for naysayers to like Michael Jordan? Nothing. Because people will always be consumed in their beliefs no matter what logic and reality you put in front of them. Successful people will always have this. It will never be any other way. Dude was human to. But some have unrealistic expectations of our famed performers and seem let down when they are flawed, you know, like us.
Lebron on the other hand like Mike, has donated millions of dollars to charities, building schools, hospitals, etc. Did MJ do all this during his playing days? No, not to the extent of Lebron. But he did have charities and foundations while he played for handicapped and less fortunate children and families. People seem to choose to forget about all that.
None of these things they HAD to do. They CHOSE to do. Now I know some are gonna dissect this quote, look for a reason to have an issue with it, tag their buddies, throw insults in hopes I will respond negatively so they can tag Meth. And entertain themselves with incorrectly labeling me for my opinion. Its unfortunate, but it will happen.
Pro Athletes are entertainers. Not role models. Not activists. Not politicians. If they choose to do any of the other, great. The hope is they have the knowledge and understanding of what they say before they hit the send button. Its too easy to spew venom behind a labtop or a phone.

it's great that we see these billionaires gives to charities, etc... but I don't believe they exclusively do this in the goodness of their hearts. these are great tax break avenues for the rich. as Austin Powers would say, Why Pay Billions when you can Pay Millions? Money is easy to give for those who have it, but to dedicate your time to actually involve yourself in the community takes a lot of effort and responsibility. these athletes for the majority of them are not saints. they are fallible. although despite their weaknesses, we are grateful for their convenient contribution to society. as far as my idol PiP goes, amazing player but a douchebag.

No. but if I would choose a role model both in sport and in person, it would be Messi. still not a fan of soccer but watching his highlights and interviews and interaction with the general public, He would be the best candidate imo. the guy beat all odds to reach that pinnacle of success as a whole, not because he worked hard for it but simply because he is that ordinary.

bad hair? seriously, how can someone have bad hair if he doesn't have one. on the otherhand, he does have ugly feet.
If Messi is your ideal, then I am certain that you could understand why he'd never be in that conversation for Black people.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Why would a self admitted racist continue to tell Black people who they should find acceptable, and WHY they should find an athlete to be admirable and inspirational?!

Last edited:
If Messi is your ideal, then I am certain that you could understand why he'd never be in that conversation for Black people.
I dunno about the racial aspect of that one considering soccer is also a multicultural sport and bigger than basketball. So acceptance about Messi's ethnicity should not even be a doubt of character except maybe in the U.S. considering basketball as a sport is bigger than soccer. Its comes down to popularity of the sport in what region in that regard. As far as racist sport is concerned, ice hockey has still some concerning issues.

I dunno about the racial aspect of that one considering soccer is also a multicultural sport and bigger than basketball. So acceptance about Messi's ethnicity should not even be a doubt of character except maybe in the U.S. considering basketball as a sport is bigger than soccer. Its comes down to popularity of the sport in what region in that regard. As far as racist sport is concerned, ice hockey has still some concerning issues.
The United States of America, as is the entire western hemisphere, is indeed multi cultural, which is even bigger than soccer. Racism, prejudice, misogyny, is a very real issue here because of white male supremacy, the theory of racism under the guise of race based superiority, allowing white privilege.

Messi isn't seen as being Black, nor does he speak of being such, not even close to it.

For anyone interested the box set... Target has it 20% off when you log into your Target.com account or create a Target account. Been waiting for it to go on sale to get it.

You just have to click the "save" button next to the 20% off when you're logged in.
Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 12.32.38 PM.png

Last edited:
Simply take a look at the reasoning used and willful ignorance! Sonny Vaccaro is wrong, Scottie is simply complaining, being urged by those with an agenda, everybody is wrong, Jordan is the only one right, because he is Jordan. He isn’t really Black either, he is just Jordan, which is bigger than being Black. That makes it okay to like him.

Huh?? Did Jordan ever say or imply that he’s not black, in reference like OJ??

I get it. He was a hero to millions and still is. People have invested thousands of dollars over their lifetime supporting him, it is hard to see things objectively about a hero. But at some point you gotta see people for who/what they are.

And then you have this below which will of course be dismissed as the other players not being tough/strong enough.

If and when Jordan did or does something wrong of course he should be called out on it, but some of the “attacks” in here towards Jordan seem rather pointless and redundant.

Huh?? Did Jordan ever say or imply that he’s not black, in reference like OJ??

If and when Jordan did or does something wrong of course he should be called out on it, but some of the “attacks” in here towards Jordan seem rather pointless and redundant.
This is what I am referring to in that comment. The fact that Jordan's silence allowed a racist, sexist, xenophobic prick to politicize him in a way that made him seem colorless.

'He wasn't political': Trump picks Michael Jordan over LeBron James

This is what I am referring to in that comment. The fact that Jordan's silence allowed a racist, sexist, xenophobic prick to politicize him in a way that made him seem colorless.

'He wasn't political': Trump picks Michael Jordan over LeBron James

What?? Made him seem “colorless” you say. That’s YOUR perspective champ, and your entitled to it but at some point in time you have to have facts to back up your claim and not just personal opinion into the mix. Why should Jordan be held accountable for something that somebody else says about him or in reference to him.....what sense does that make?? Trump is a fool......why even waste your time going back and forth with someone like him. Besides Jordan already publicly rebuked Trump and gave his support for Lebron just 2 years prior.

What?? Made him seem “colorless” you say. That’s YOUR perspective champ, and your entitled to it but at some point in time you have to have facts to back up your claim and not just personal opinion into the mix. Why should Jordan be held accountable for something that somebody else says about him or in reference to him.....what sense does that make?? Trump is a fool......why even waste your time going back and forth with someone like him. Besides Jordan already publicly rebuked Trump and gave his support for Lebron just 2 years prior.

Right, champ. During his playing career, Jordan did everything he could to distance himself from what would be considered controversy regarding politics and racial issues, champ. He even admitted such in the doc. He stated that he didn't want to participate in such, didn't want to be like Ali, the real CHAMP.

Donald Trump got 70 million votes, contested the election, tells people, his followers that the whole election, including covid, is a hoax. Right, champ? Those seventy million are solely interested in maintaining white supremacy, and their ACCEPTABLE NEGROES are the ones they will roll out, Herschel Walker, then drop names like Michael Jordan, as if....he is down with them, because he is rich and then above criticizing this country. He will just shut up and dribble, which is exactly what he did his entire playing career.
So now he is an owner, with players in the wnba and nba, giving him the side eye. #Blacklivesmatter.
Now he has pressure coming from OUR side on this, forced to speak up.

Are you Black?

Oh wow, the packaging turned out nice. Glad they stayed away from prisms/hologram gimmicks for it and just went with extra simple. I remember buying the other Jordan dvd sets and they look so dated now :lol:

1608079737403.jpeg

Last edited:
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Why would a self admitted racist continue to tell Black people who they should find acceptable, and WHY they should find an athlete to be admirable and inspirational?!
Self admitted?:rofl: When did I do that. Cannot admit to something Im not. Only people like you and DC are qualified for that label. You judge based on opinions and skin color. "ARE YOU BLACK?" :lol: Pull up that quote,,bruh. Any of my quotes to YOU were to YOU not anyone else for any other purpose or reservation to anyone else, ever at all. Had nothing to do with color. YOU made it about that. Obviously things dont change with a few of you guys. Still talking that same dumb ****. :smh:
Anyway, def plan on buying the Blu-Ray. I will get you one for Christmas if you like.

Back
Top Bottom