THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

Price points are OOC. According to Foot Locker CEO. LeBron and KD are losing steam while Kyrie and Curry are holding steady...stuff we've been saying for a while, but nice to FINALLY see it legitimized in writing.

This is the article itself because Sole Collector links don't work here...

"Foot Locker's basketball sneaker sales are down, with execs at the retailer saying in an earnings call on Friday that sales of the Nike LeBron and Nike KD lines have been particularly slow.

"Primary losses came in LeBron and KD product, a challenge which we've been addressing with our partners at Nike," said Foot Locker president and CEO **** Johnson.

Johnson and others on the call attributed the problem to the pricing of the lines–they say the shoes are getting too expensive for kids who aren't comfortable with the price/value relationship. The current Kevin Durant signature sneakers range from $180 to $200, while LeBron James' retail from $200 to $220.

Foot Locker is confident that its basketball business will bounce back after Nike addresses this pricing issue. Nike is planning to drop the price on Durant's next model–his upcoming Nike KD 9 will start at $150 when it launches on June 20.

Johnson said that sales of the current Under Armour Curry and Nike Kyrie shoes, which retail at $130 and $120, respectively, continue to be strong."

I'm so glad to see that people aren't allowing Nike to keep driving the price up.

You can have a dope shoe, but if no one can afford it, then what?

Nike should do better looking shoes and more cheap (less technology). Most of the people wants them for casual. Its awkard pay 200$ for a not good looking shoe

I'm so glad to see that people aren't allowing Nike to keep driving the price up.

You can have a dope shoe, but if no one can afford it, then what?
the article is not mentioning the fact that the design is the biggest reason sales are flopping. People will pay $200 for heat

the article is not mentioning the fact that the design is the biggest reason sales are flopping. People will pay $200 for heat

No they won't. Especially when you mass produce them.

I agree with Friendly...look at the Curry. How many people in here or any other place I've heard for that matter talk about how visually unappealing the Curry is. Price points always set the tone.

I agree with Friendly...look at the Curry. How many people in here or any other place I've heard for that matter talk about how visually unappealing the Curry is. Price points always set the tone.
apples and oranges. U got the most marketable and popular player in the game, at a low price point. Units will move even if design isn't great.
Brons were moving at a high price point up til the 10 cuz it was a great product. Plenty of kobes sell out at 200+.
With these, theyre mass producing a crappy product at a high price point. Recipe for failure. If the only thing that changed was the product was great, sales would be strong again.

^

nice cop and a great price 
pimp.gif

definitely one of my favorites of this model

I wonder if Nike was going to do this last year with the 12 and Kyrie 1. I'm guessing they didn't though to avoid the mistake of the 11 champ pack.
There was definitely going to be a champ pack for lebron and kyrie. The gold shoes lebron was wearing in game 6 were PEs of the lebron 12 and was going to be part of that champ pack. Also the shoes Kyrie wore in game 1 were going to be there.

There was definitely going to be a champ pack for lebron and kyrie. The gold shoes lebron was wearing in game 6 were PEs of the lebron 12 and was going to be part of that champ pack. Also the shoes Kyrie wore in game 1 were going to be there.

I would have double up on those Kyries in a heart beat. :pimp:

I'm still sad that the golden PE's did not release 
mean.gif

I agree with those that said design also has to do with why recent LBJ shoes have flopped. In my opinion the last nice LBJ shoe was the 9. Also, price point has a huge amount to do with flopping. $200 and you're not even gonna give me an overall good product, in terms of design and use? Crazy.

I feel that with design there is too much going on, on the shoe. The shoes look sloppy and all over the place. KD 8s are a little more refined and they have a nicer design overall than LeBron 10s-13s but the price point they have kill the shoe.

I agree with those that said design also has to do with why recent LBJ shoes have flopped. In my opinion the last nice LBJ shoe was the 9. Also, price point has a huge amount to do with flopping. $200 and you're not even gonna give me an overall good product, in terms of design and use? Crazy.

I feel that with design there is too much going on, on the shoe. The shoes look sloppy and all over the place. KD 8s are a little more refined and they have a nicer design overall than LeBron 10s-13s but the price point they have kill the shoe.

I personally liked 10-13. I also have not and would not pay 200, so for me it's the price. I use for casual use anyway. People pay large sums of money for Jordans. I think Nike is just oversaturating the market. I read somewhere in here that it's just Nike testing the waters seeing where people's breaking point is right now and if they lower the price people will wonder why or think it's great deal and in a few years or less you will probably see the prices creep up. Under Armour is even doing it with Currys.

Back
Top Bottom