The Lord of the Rings : The Rings of Power Thread | Amazon Prime Series Fridays

Ya people haven’t read the books 📚, but the actor looks straight stunt-double Aragorn so I thought they for sure were related

i know its isildur but its also no coincidence that they hire a spitting image of a younger viggo

also, the naming and family tree on this isnt the easiest to remember, its not as bad as GoT/HotD but watching both series at the same time isnt helping :rofl:

Finale was dope

:lol: if the stranger is Saruman

That Halbrand reveal was nice. The in her mind memory cajoling. Had her brother looking all manipulating.

Is that In the Land of Mordor song at the end on point? :lol: :nerd:

Saruman should also be white, not grey, which is why I don’t think it’s him either. Regardless, it’ll be interesting to see how this wizard is bc so far it’s wrong for him to be either Gandalf or Saruman, at least based on the books.

the other wizard is radagast to throw in the mix

however the blue wizard is the one that matches the character the best but its a brand new character to the movie audience so i wouldn tbe surprised if they just bypass the dude altogether

also, they really just threw int he balrog in there for 5 seconds and then completely ignore him again :lol:

if that’s the dude that took down Gandalf, then yes they seem to be setting that up for something

I took it that the Stranger was a Gandalf because he said the "When in doubt, always follow your nose" line, which he also said in Fellowship of the Ring.

I, too, thought Halbrand looked like a young Aragorn lol.

I thought we were going to see a quick scene of Isildur surviving that burning house. (Sidenote, I cracked up when Miriel was going to continue to support Galadriel's efforts in returning to Middle-Earth and then Elendil started crying lmaoooooo)

Interesting to see where Season 2 goes. I would love for there to be time jumps so the series eventually get to THE battle where Isildur gains control of the ring. But I doubt it. I just hope the writing improves too.

i am actually confused why sauron just left and didnt kill galadriel and then take the rings for himself? instead he runs to mordor to create his own ring? but it seemed like he already knew how to do it for the most part and its not like he stole mythril metal or something
my incomplete understanding from reading Wikipedia this morning is

the rings are used for control, not just power. he wants to trick them into making their own rings because then with the "one ring to rule them all" he can have control over the elves via their rings.

i assume they have to wear them themselves and he couldn't just steal them instead for it to work?

and if he had revealed himself (or Galadriel said something) they may not have gone along with it.

my incomplete understanding from reading Wikipedia this morning is

the rings are used for control, not just power. he wants to trick them into making their own rings because then with the "one ring to rule them all" he can have control over the elves via their rings.

i assume they have to wear them themselves and he couldn't just steal them instead for it to work?

and if he had revealed himself (or Galadriel said something) they may not have gone along with it.

thats a good point however where it doesnt work is that in the books, sauron disguised himself as annatar to trick them into making the rings but galadriel and elrond knowing it was sauron would have meant a huge mistrust there

i mean galadriel was righ tthere with her suspiscions when halbrand was throwing around all these knowledge on how to make these rigns which alone doesnt make sense that celebrimbor, the best smithy that ever lived, doesnt know how to create and merge materials :lol:

but i think they really wanted to give galadriel and halbrand/sauron some sort of romance but all of these being her fault, then in the PJ films, galadriel should have been way more p*ssed

we’ll see how this all goes moving forward, i know they promised 5 seasons (or amazon paid them for 5 seasons) but i hope they dont drag with the other rings, they were suppose to be made by celebrimbor with the 3 elven rings too

yeah, Halbrand coming straight out the elven ICU to basically seduce Celebrimbor with his new found smithing techniques basically confirmed who he was.

the craziest thing is this is literally all came about by chance. if Galadriel hadn't jumped off the ship or just wasn't on the ship at all, the whole LOTR universe doesnt even exist :lol:

i haven't checked to see when season 2 is supposed to come out, but i hope they dont wait 2-3 years. at that pace, this series is going to end after they ban selling ICE vehicles.

How would Halbrand know if he was gonna find Galadriel on the open water?

i haven't checked to see when season 2 is supposed to come out, but i hope they dont wait 2-3 years. at that pace, this series is going to end after they ban selling ICE vehicles.

theyre just about to start shooting season 2 so its probably gon be two years before s2 comes out

cgi work on the show is insane

yeah, Halbrand coming straight out the elven ICU to basically seduce Celebrimbor with his new found smithing techniques basically confirmed who he was.
I found it so weird that the story just turned down that path to reveal Halbrand was Sauron.

Cuz one, Celebrimbor was the first to say I wish we could do more with less. Two, All Halbrand does is further speak about that idea independently of what Celebrimbor said before he even showed up and goes in a little more about how his ppl have experience doing this. All of a sudden dude has this knowledge about this topic. Then, thirdly, they make it glaringly clear Galadriel is on to him.

And all it happened pretty quick and so simple. I like it and it wasn't bad but it was weird.

How would Halbrand know if he was gonna find Galadriel on the open water?

thats what im saying. it was all chance. in the last episode, he even said himself that he wanted to just stay in Numenor. everything somehow fell into place for him to return to Middle Earth and become Sauron.

I took it that the Stranger was a Gandalf because he said the "When in doubt, always follow your nose" line, which he also said in Fellowship of the Ring.

I, too, thought Halbrand looked like a young Aragorn lol.

I thought we were going to see a quick scene of Isildur surviving that burning house. (Sidenote, I cracked up when Miriel was going to continue to support Galadriel's efforts in returning to Middle-Earth and then Elendil started crying lmaoooooo)

Interesting to see where Season 2 goes. I would love for there to be time jumps so the series eventually get to THE battle where Isildur gains control of the ring. But I doubt it. I just hope the writing improves too.
that was an amazing finale. although I'm still doubtful, my money is the Stranger is Gandalf. there are quite a few easter eggs that I think he is. first as you mentioned is the nose part, Gandalf's affinity towards the hobbits, Gandalf's power is light and fire, the moth or butterfly, his present grayish attire and the line "BACK TO THE SHADOWS" .

yeah, we were just talking about how HalBrand looks like Aragorn like a better version of Viggo.

love the misdirections. my wife was picking up some clues when Celembrimbor uttered the line "power over flesh" and such like she heard it somewhere of lord of the rings.

just watching the show just wants me to go back and rewatch some of the references.

Last edited:
that was an amazing finale. although I'm still doubtful, my money is the Stranger is Gandalf. there are quite a few easter eggs that I think he is. first as you mentioned is the nose part, Gandalf's affinity towards the hobbits, Gandalf's power is light and fire, the moth or butterfly, his present grayish attire and the line "BACK TO THE SHADOWS" .

yeah, we were just talking about how HalBrand looks like Aragorn like a better version of Viggo.

love the misdirections. my wife was picking up some clues when Celembrimbor uttered the line "power over flesh" and such like she heard it somewhere of lord of the rings.

just watching the show just wants me to go back and rewatch some of the references.

they know what theyre doing with the misdirects and mystery

and while the wizard did say the "follow your nose" thing, that could just be a wizard saying in general

one big evidence that the wizard isnt/shouldnt be gandalf is that this wizard is going to rhun, in the east but gandalf has stated: "Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Dwarves, Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not."

also, it is just the blue wizards that has gone to/resides in rhun and i do believe it is just e blue wizards thats been there

they know what theyre doing with the misdirects and mystery

and while the wizard did say the "follow your nose" thing, that could just be a wizard saying in general

one big evidence that the wizard isnt/shouldnt be gandalf is that this wizard is going to rhun, in the east but gandalf has stated: "Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Dwarves, Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not."

also, it is just the blue wizards that has gone to/resides in rhun and i do believe it is just e blue wizards thats been there
I was thinking of Saruman at first before he was corrupted. the only problem was, Saruman didn't have that kind of relationship with the tiny folks, the same with the other wizards unlike Gandalf. as far as places go, we don't know for certain but there were talks that places and timelines have been merged or squished along the lines. my only reason why I thought it was Saruman was because he was involved in the first war with Sauron and was still good back then. although not much was known about Saruman unfortunately as far as the movies and show is concerned.

I initially thought that HalBrand will become of the 9 Wraith Kings. having him look like Aragorn didn't help identifying that he was Sauron eventhough there were already clues on every episode and I just chose to overlook them since he seems good. although reading back, Sauron was said to revert back or repented after Morgoth's defeat. so it could be it was a gray area whether he would turn good or evil. somehow showed parallelism and contrast between the Istar and Sauron shown on the same episode where they have the power to choose on what they would want to become. I saw this video today and it made some great indications or hints of the identity of Sauron....

see people keep mentioning Halbrand looking like him, but do people know there's actually 3 people related to Aragon in this show?

First thirty minutes or so was good but after that it has been boring as hell.

Show sucks a fat one.

Back
Top Bottom