*The Minnesota Vikings are your 2008 NFC North Champions!* MIN 20, NYG 19..Dam itz Lou = Salty

Nothing will give me greater joy over Xmas break than to watch Brad Childress choke this away and be out of the playoffs for a 3rd consecutive year.

And there will be no bigger Viking fan than me next year when we have someone new in charge and Chilly Ball is in the rear view mirror.

Let's make it happen Giants. And Texans.

^ Let me ask you a question though...

Would you rather keep Chilly and get McNabb...
OR
Would you rather get a new coach and get someone like Derek Anderson/Matt Cassel/Jeff Garcia?

I'm assuming that McNabb won't come here unless we have Chilly because of there relationship + there are going to be many teams (SF, DET, SEA, etc.)that will be looking for a free agent/stop-gap quarterback. At first I didn't like the look of this free agent QB class but it's value has gone upbecause of the events that have happened this season.

Even though Tarvaris has played well as of late, he is definitely not the guy we should go into the next season with. Look where that has gotten us thisseason..

I'm kind of rambling on here...but I just want to see your opinion on the Vikings future
46b260c1f98d853ee114c2bfac0e36badd76d152.gif

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

i dont even care about this one. my celebrating got done vs carolina
glasses.gif

Hopefully the Giants/Coughlin share the same feeling..

We already got a week off.

Giants need to come out and play, we need to keep the momentum.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

We already got a week off.

Giants need to come out and play, we need to keep the momentum.
I have a feeling Coughlin will only rest Tuck and Jacobs...other than that I think they'll go 100% against us. I just think it's kind ofrisky to play Eli when we have Jared Allen who gets joy in giving huge hits to the opposing teams QB..

Word...

Under no scenario do I want Brad "Coaching Clinic" Childress back with this team next year. It's as simple as that. If that means the Vikingslosing out this weekend and being axed for the playoffs so be it. Take a step back to take 2 steps forward (is that the saying?). I simply cannot watch thesegames any longer (and admittedly I dont really watch them closely anymore and havent for some time because frankly i would rather watch paint dry on Sundayafternoons). Three years of the same themes, the same playcalling, etc will do that to you.

Childress decided to play Jackson his rookie year (TJack shouldnt even have been suiting up his rookie year), he decided to make him a starter for opener year2, and he then decided to keep him a starter again for year 3. He was the only human being on earth that thought this was a good idea. And well dont you knowit blew up in his face. And while we can speculate about next year's options I have no doubt in my mind Jackson will more than likely be the starter inWeek 1. Maybe he will turn out to be a capible NFL QB....but would that excite you, excite the fan base for 2009's outlook? I doubt it. And while most ofus were sweating watching Jackson and Gus the rest of us were also saying "Well we've also had 3 years to get another QB in the draft to groom and wehave done nothing." And no Booty doesnt count for me. We joke about this, and it doesnt mean everything....but the Vikings have had one 300 yard passinggame in their past 57-something games. You really have to think about things like that sometimes and laugh.

I'm no coaching genius. And loads of other teams' fans gripe about their coaches. And sure he has won some games, could very well have a new plan fornext year, and probably knows more football than most the public. But it's a results business....and if you honestly dont win this Sunday then well.....

I want to be entertained (that's what sports is all about) and I want to like my squad again. The players as a whole are fun to watch, great guys too. Icant imagine how they would work with a guy like Tomlin who we let get away. Or a young guy who has a real plan and knows how to manage a game. Childress andhis smugness can go back to being a coordinator, the "3rd down and 8 so lets throw a 3 yard pass to the sideline" offense will be removed, and DarylBevel can end up coaching HS football (which is where he will end up) and maybe, just maybe, the fans of this team can see a winner again. (I cannot believeI'm saying this but the Vikings have never won an NFC "North" division title. That's right kids...their last title was when it was "NFCCentral" and they last won that in the year 2000). You have that list of all-pro talent on both sides of the ball, that RB who could be an all-timer andwho gives you probably 7 wins a year just strictly on his own, an owner with deep pockets....and in year 3 you currently have 13 NFL teams with the same orbetter record as you heading into Week 17. And a very real possibility of missing out on the playoffs entirely. Which would be so hilarious I could not draw itup any better.

I dont know what the future holds with the Queens but I'll tell you what, getting in a new regime (and a GM who is NOT named Rick Spielman) would be thebest thing to happen. Going into 2009 and getting another probably 9-7 team that's "right on the fringe" does nothing for me anymore. I would goover tons more things in my head but we'd be here all day!!

happy.gif

I hate Childress as a coach..but I will say this. His instincts have been pretty good for the most part..

He was behind the Tarvaris, Shiancoe, Artis Hicks moves in my opinion..

Tarvaris came out Alabama State as a guy no one knew about. Childress stated that he could groom this guy into being a legitimate NFL QB if given the righttime. They moved up in the draft to get him and I think it was a decent move. If you look at the 2006 draft class this year, the only QB I would say has hadmore success than Tarvaris is Jay Cutler. Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Kellen Clemens, Charlie Whitehurst...all those guys have yet to live up to theirexpectations. Tarvaris had ZERO expectations coming out of college for the simple fact that no one knew he was. The only thing people knew was that he had thetools to become a good QB, but did he have the mental part to be able to succeed and all of that. In my opinion, Childress made a great call on what QB to goafter in that draft. BUT..the way Childress has gone about with Tarvaris since we drafted him is simply horrendous. This guy coming out was prounounced as a3-year project, yet people were calling for his head just past year. Childress threw him to the wolves way too early which ultimately brought his confidencedown I and people expected way too much out of him.

I think Childress made a GREAT call getting Tarvaris in that draft...but then you have to think, was he the one who ULTIMATELY made that decision or was thatsomeone else? We knew Childress liked him but maybe he shouldn't be getting all the credit for getting him. I still think Childress deserves a lot ofrecognition for sifting through the QBs in that draft and finding someone worth something..

I think the Vikings have a very legitimate shot at a win regardless if the Giants play their starters throughout or not. Historically, Minnesota has had lotsof trouble with the Giants, but last year we made Eli look like a JV quarterback. I think the Vikings have turned the tide on NY, and the way they'replaying right now, I'm thinking they can beat anyone out there.

If the Vikings happen to "choke" again this year, I too, would like to put the onus on Childress, however, I would have to chalk that up to theplayers in the game against Atlanta. Game plan looked great, the defense was stellar, the offense was marching down the throats of Atlanta, and mostimportantly, Tarvaris looked amazingly good. Of course, turnovers happen to play a big role in the game, and AP definitely "dropped the ball" in thatgame.

I was skeptical of Childress just as much as the next, but first and foremost I'm a Vikings fan. I support everything they're doing. And us Viking fansjust need to be patient. I see the method behind Brad's madness, but sometimes he makes mistakes, which is expected out of a relatively new head coach. Weneed to be patient, it seems things are in the right direction, but the players just need to learn how to develop a killer instinct, because no one on thisteam minus probably Sharper no what it takes to win in the NFL. And that killer instinct cannot be coached.

I think I know the source of all this steam. Us Vikes fans know more than most the heartbreak of an almost perennial choker. I don't know if we should rushthings just yet.

We get into the playoffs, I'm very confident that we can do some substantial damage. Plus, the confidence for this team will be high.

Let's get it.

Giants wont rest starters, maybe Jacobs but that's about it, Coughlin wants this team going in with 2 wins in a row.

No way anyone is getting resting besides Jacobs and maybe Tuck....we already got a bye week and we need some momentum going into the playoffs

on the papers it is more reasonable to rest tuck jacobs or eli

but by doing so, the players lose game experience

A point I forgot to mention. I doubt they will rest the starters as well, because this same topic came up last year, and then they decided to play theirstarters against the Patriots in week 17 and made a helluva game out of it, which game them major confidence, in turn making them a hot team in the playoffs,which ultimately led to the SB win.

if i were coughlin i wouldnt rest anyone except b. jacobs. they already have 1 week off. two weeks off for starters isnt a good look (05 colts)

I would sit Eli, he plays terrible against the Vikes. Off of memory I think they have like 7-8 ints with 3-4 returned

for td's in the last two.

I would sit Eli, he plays terrible against the Vikes. Off of memory I think they have like 7-8 ints with 3-4 returned

for td's in the last two.

Man...i am so nervous about this game.
smh.gif

Like i mentioned in the ATL game thread, Vikings history tells me that we're gonna lose and the bears are gonna cream the Texans...word to 1998 15-1, 200141-0, 2002 4th and a mile vs Arizona, last year etc etc...i could go back even further but that would just be self torture.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Anyway, as much as I hate Chilly and want him out of here, right now, i'm just looking at the playoffs. I know it's only been a few years, but i feellike we haven't been to the postseason in forever. Hopefully we get it done now...I'll worry about Childress later. I just want a win and a playoffberth.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom