The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

dillashaw might be underestimating cejudo too much. I think cejudo wins with constant takedowns and pressure.

Why would DC be stripped of the HW title? For waiting on Brock?
Yeah due to inactivity. DC says he would fight Stipe again but I don't think that actually happens.

Let's say Cain beats Francis this month. Jones vs DC 3 gets booked at LHW for the April time frame. UFC for sure is going to strip him of the title for inactivity

TJ was wilin’ on the ESPN New Years show. Saying he will take an Olympic Gold Medalist down. And that Henry is the most boring fighter in the UFC.

I pray he hasn’t bitten off more than he can chew.

Jon should dismantle AKA. A season of TUF. Winkle/John vs AKA. Culminates in JBJ/Cain.

TJ was wilin’ on the ESPN New Years show. Saying he will take an Olympic Gold Medalist down. And that Henry is the most boring fighter in the UFC.

I pray he hasn’t bitten off more than he can chew.

Jon should dismantle AKA. A season of TUF. Winkle/John vs AKA. Culminates in JBJ/Cain.
Look I think Henry is a very likable guy (until recently) and his story is dope especially to me as a Latino male. But TJ is a WAY better fighter/striker. He laid and prayed on DJ, don’t see that happening at all.. calling it now killashaw with the tko

1) That is a stupid fight for Pettis. He needs to look for an opponent where he can showcase his skills. He performed good against Ferguson but sort of needs to string some wins together to get back near that top five, which is insane Bib, Ferg, Conor, LI, Porier and Lee (they currently have Barbosa in the top five but Lee beat him...who lost to LI...MMA math lol). Moving up to WW will mirror how Sergio looked in his last fight. Wonder boy would be massive.

2) I think TJ is probably the best striker in the UFC (debatable, I know. Some might say Stylebender. Some might say JBJ). His wrestling is solid. But he’s cutting an additional 10 pounds to fight in a division he’s never fought in against the champ. The champ is also a decent striker and has a WORLD CLASS wrestling. If Henry was moving up, I’d favor TJ. But hopefully TJ isn’t taking it lightly.

If cejudo was able to grab demetrius then he can take down tj as well. Problem is tj got power in his hands and also throws head kicks.

I mean we’ve seen bigger guys do bigger cuts.. but you ask valid questions

Pettis will have a tough time working his way back to being a champ, he gotta just try to make as much money as possible. Plus they upside by calling for lofty fights is if he somehow pulled off the W he might get fast tracked to a title shot

I mean we’ve seen bigger guys do bigger cuts.. but you ask valid questions

FW is probably a difficult cut for Henry too.

I’m sure Henry is going to respect TJ’s striking (I hope). Maybe he’ll rely on the fact that TJ might have a tough weight cut...use that for later rounds while grinding with the grappling.

Obviously, this is the second option. We obviously preferred TJ/DJ.

Sucks. In hindsight, DJ probably should’ve taken that fight.

Vince, Pettis not beating Wonderboy. Lol.

Pettis will have a tough time working his way back to being a champ, he gotta just try to make as much money as possible. Plus they upside by calling for lofty fights is if he somehow pulled off the W he might get fast tracked to a title shot
Pettis knows any title shots are past him. Had more than enough chances. UFC pushed him hard. Think he knows this and just looking for money fights. Thought he was gonna fight Gaethje which made no sense to me either. Unless looking for a bonus.

Why not ask for Cowboy? He’s coming back down to LW.

Ask for LI, Gaethje, Barbosa, etc.

Covington, Usman, Woodley, Wonderboy, ugh RDA (remember him), etc would wash Pettis.

Why not ask for Cowboy? He’s coming back down to LW.

Ask for LI, Gaethje, Barbosa, etc.

Covington, Usman, Woodley, Wonderboy, ugh RDA (remember him), etc would wash Pettis.
Cowboy already has a fight scheduled and he doesn’t deserve a fight with gaethje nor a rematch with barboza

But yeah he ain’t gonna beat any of the other ww’s lol

Yep unreal that TWood is only 5'9 to Holloways 5'11. I think Max should fight a couple more times at FW then make the jump to LW.

Looking at the “rankings”, he’s beaten Aldo and Ortega. They have Moicano (sp) fighting Aldo. So it’s Edgar or the cat that just beat Mendes.

He may not have had many title defenses but for all purposes, he’s cleaned out that division. I’d agree with the 1-2 more title defenses than vacate.

waaay back before luke got exposed for being way too over confident...

I used to think him vs jones would be a good fight, now its almost laughable he's calling out bones.

Rockhold would be a decent body to add to the list though, better looking mantle piece than lionheart or corey anderson...

Luke need to get a W a LHW first though...

Looking at the “rankings”, he’s beaten Aldo and Ortega. They have Moicano (sp) fighting Aldo. So it’s Edgar or the cat that just beat Mendes.

He may not have had many title defenses but for all purposes, he’s cleaned out that division. I’d agree with the 1-2 more title defenses than vacate.

I don't think he has anything left to prove at 145

waaay back before luke got exposed for being way too over confident...

I used to think him vs jones would be a good fight, now its almost laughable he's calling out bones.

Rockhold would be a decent body to add to the list though, better looking mantle piece than lionheart or corey anderson...

Luke need to get a W a LHW first though...
Let Corey Anderson welcome Luke into the division

If Luke storms through him you can probably fast track him to Jones, although for me I'd like to see DC get the first crack. Luke doesn't need to be cutting his own partner to fight Jones

Anthony Smith and Thiago Santos (with a win) are in the waiting room behind DC

Back
Top Bottom