The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

UFC is a mess.

Miocic contesting his contract and there's isn't a legit contender in the shoot. Cain is still having back issues.

Frankie can't fight for the title because he got washed by Aldo twice. Frankie probably praying for Max to win.

And lol at Woodley having to take the Maia fight when the GSP carrot is now dangling around for everyone.

we are about to see some superfights :pimp:

conor vs whoever the **** wants to
dana vs tito ortiz
diaz brothers vs khabib/tony ferguson tag team match

:pimp:

UFC is a mess.

Miocic contesting his contract and there's isn't a legit contender in the shoot. Cain is still having back issues.

Frankie can't fight for the title because he got washed by Aldo twice. Frankie probably praying for Max to win.

And lol at Woodley having to take the Maia fight when the GSP carrot is now dangling around for everyone.
It's been a mess and it won't get better anytime soon. Just take a look at the upcoming cards

It won't be until July that they put on another good PPV in UFC 213

We're in for some lackluster cards until then...

It would have really been nice to see Yair take that next step. Frankie did well against Aldo in their first match but definitely looked inferior in their rematch. Yair would have injected a much needed pick me up to the company. Instead he gets taken to school

Everyone hates Woodley and I doubt many more folks like Maia's "boring style". Good luck selling that fight (though I personally think it's a great match up)

Dana says he expects to "get Conor's side of the deal done today" but he says who knows how long or if Floyd's side will accept terms

Last edited:
Dana says Cain should return in the fall... sounds like the next #1 contender will either be Werdum/Reem winner or Cain 

Gawd. I dont want to see Stipe/Werdum 2 or Stipe/Reem 2.

The only "plus" is that Stipe knocked out both in earlier rounds. Werdum looked like a fool charging like a bull.

JDS is like Edgar and Faber. They manage to remain relevant in their shallow divisions.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put Frankie even in the same sentence as those guys.. even though all of those fighters are great, Frankie is more impressive to me. He's literally beat everyone that Aldo has, with the exception of Korean Zombie and Lamas

I don't think 145 is necessarily shallow now, nor was it during Frankie's run, Frankie's resume at 145 is very impressive IMO

Just rewatched poirier fight

Herb asked Dustin "regardless of the outcome, you're done right?"...he's covering his bases cuz of the Weidman fight

Why would he tell Dustin "regardless of the outcome" that's not something he needs to tell or ask Dustin in that moment. Only thing he needs to ask is "can u see out of ur eye, dr gives the eye test, can u continue if the dr gives the ok" etc

He was trying to make sure he wouldn't come under fire if it was a no contest cuz he could point at the fact that he told Dustin

Dustin got hit w 3 illegal knees, all 3 were illegal. Should have been dq win for Dustin even tho it seems like they were unintentional.

Rules are all diff everywhere so I don't blame eddie for not being aware in the moment

Last edited:
I wouldn't put Frankie even in the same sentence as those guys.. even though all of those fighters are great, Frankie is more impressive to me. He's literally beat everyone that Aldo has, with the exception of Korean Zombie and Lamas

I don't think 145 is necessarily shallow now, nor was it during Frankie's run, Frankie's resume at 145 is very impressive IMO

I'm not going to front, his resume is legit but I've never felt that division was deep like say MW or LW. He beat Mendes, Swanson, Yair, Stephens, Faber, Penn and Oliveri (sp).

But he's lost twice to Aldo. I'd honestly say Mcgregor, Aldo and Holloway are the top three in that division.

I'd say give him Lamas. There's not really any other fight in that division besides Korean Zombie.

It seems like mw only got deep the past couple of years. Once anderson lost the belt, beasts started to show up or hit their prime.

I'm not going to front, his resume is legit but I've never felt that division was deep like say MW or LW. He beat Mendes, Swanson, Yair, Stephens, Faber, Penn and Oliveri (sp).

But he's lost twice to Aldo. I'd honestly say Mcgregor, Aldo and Holloway are the top three in that division.

I'd say give him Lamas. There's not really any other fight in that division besides Korean Zombie.
kz and lamas already got a fight set

kz and lamas already got a fight set

Winner gets Frankie. And the winner of that fight gets Aldo/Holloway.

And MW was deep after the Strikeforce buyout. Mousasi, Rockhold, Sousa were the big transfers. Romero, Whitaker, Brunson, etc were the new blood per say. Course Machida and Evans moved down to 185. And Gastellum moved up.

Really LW and MW are the only lit divisions at the moment. Welterweight isn't that bad. HW, Women's FW, LHW and DJ's division are the worst off at the moment.

There's some moving parts at 145. Cub lingers. Frankie could very well get the title shot if Max beats Jose

The winner of Lamas/Zombie definitely deserves whoever's available in Cub or Frankie

Feel like Cub is on the decline. I know he just fought against Artem but they should've given Yair Swanson. Frankie just seems to be occupying that gate keeper role.

And it seems like moving and broken parts are everywhere at the moment.

Secretly, I want to see JJ demolish thug [emoji]127801[/emoji]. JJ's pressure and jab are works of art. Can't see anyone giving her issue at 115 at the moment.

So which is the bigger accomplishment? Stipe winning/defending the HW title 3X? JJ defending her straw weight title 7X? Or MM doing his thing with his next win?

Good to see Maia and Jorge show respect, it was an amazing match up on paper. I'd like to see Jorge go up against Wonderboy.. I know Wonderboy had been holding out for Diaz but Jorge would be a great foil to Wonderboy's personality. They can still keep Jorge relevant with that match up 

Jorge says he wants to fight again in July

Also, Ngannou will be on with Ariel tomorrow

Jorge Masvidal UFC‏Verified account @GamebredFighter  11h11 hours ago

Jorge Masvidal UFC Retweeted Demian Maia

Hats off to you man you truly are one of the greatest grapplers in this sport @demianmaia

Last edited:
Bonus' was the two HW on the Prelims, Stipe and Jason Knight.

Surprised JJ and/or Edgar didn't get one but they must have gotten blessed some other way and Stipe is complaining about his contract so that could also be a factor.

I think Max gets Edgar if he wins.

I don't know what they do if Aldo wins though. He could potentially move up though then they could leave the belt vacant.

Having Edgar fight KZ or Lamas would just be an unnecessary formality unless it's for that vacant belt.

Last edited:
Interesting to hear Maia call Jorge the best grappler he's faced during his streak. Which includes Gunnar and Condit.

That wrestling was key and seems to be the X factor. Which is why I'm not that hyped for the Woodley fight now.

I'm still down for Masvidal/Magny since they been jawing.

Gunnar is headlining a fight against a relative small name

I'd like to see Jorge get another high profile fight, he deserves it

Last edited:
Bonus' was the two HW on the Prelims, Stipe and Jason Knight.

Surprised JJ and/or Edgar didn't get one but they must have gotten blessed some other way and Stipe is complaining about his contract so that could also be a factor.

I think Max gets Edgar if he wins.

I don't know what they do if Aldo wins though. He could potentially move up though then they could leave the belt vacant.

Having Edgar fight KZ or Lamas would just be an unnecessary formality unless it's for that vacant belt.

Stipe is not complaining bout his contract

He said he's good w it now. He only said it months ago after he found out overeem got more than he did for show money

Back
Top Bottom