The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Rumble so trash, broke DCs nose in the first round, why did he not try to punch the F outta that nose?

Even a jab would hurt

Who is manufacturing these beefs that y'all keep talking bout? Y'all saying ufc ? Or the fighters
Dana. Manuwa has nothing against DC and DC has nothing against him. Dana probably told him to fly out there or flew him out there cage side to at least show face
Rumble so trash, broke DCs nose in the first round, why did he not try to punch the F outta that nose?

Even a jab would hurt
Was DC's nose actually confirmed to be broken? Seem like it wasn't when the dust settled

The weekly Conor update

“I think we get the McGregor side in the next couple of days,” White said on The Herd. “And then I go lock myself in a room for a couple days with Team Mayweather and see what we can come out with.”

“It depends on how much the fight sells,” White said. “And if the fight sells as well as I think it can, Floyd makes a little north of $100 (million) and Conor makes $75 (million).

“He (Mayweather) feels like he’s the A-side and he should get more of it. We haven’t really gotten into that negotiation yet. I wanted to get McGregor locked in first, because McGregor is under contract with me. And at the end of the day, does this fight make a ton of sense for me? It really doesn’t. But Conor wants this thing really bad and I’ve said it many times, the kid’s stepped up and saved some big fights for me, man, so I’m in. I’ll figure it out.

“Obviously, in boxing, you start to negotiate things like the gloves and the officials and the judges,” White added, “and how big the ring is — a lot of different things you can negotiate as far as the fight goes. But again, I haven’t gotten into a room with Team Mayweather yet, and who knows. The Conor side, we’re good on the Conor side. I need to figure out the Mayweather side, and maybe it can’t be (figured out). Maybe the other side can’t be done, but we’ll see. I promised Conor I’d do everything I could to make this thing happen, so that’s what I’m going to do.”

Boxing hype was reporting that if the fight with Floyd falls through then theres a good chance at McGregor/Woodley super fight, don't know how legit their source is though. 

Source or not, Conor not defending his title is a great bet 
laugh.gif
 since he never has in his entire career going back to Europe  

He don't want to risk losing the belt and Dana will let him do what he wants.. so I don't blame Conor. Smart move

I don't buy all this manufacturing beef stuff esp with DC manuwa...why would they need that when Jones is on the horizon and that's the only one thats gonna generate hype. And why put manuwa on fight pass if ur trying to hype him up. And what happens if aj won...

The key part in Dana's words is "lock myself in a room with team mayweather"...easy part is dealing w connor , this is the tough tough part

The weekly Conor update

“I think we get the McGregor side in the next couple of days,” White said on The Herd. “And then I go lock myself in a room for a couple days with Team Mayweather and see what we can come out with.”

“It depends on how much the fight sells,” White said. “And if the fight sells as well as I think it can, Floyd makes a little north of $100 (million) and Conor makes $75 (million).

“He (Mayweather) feels like he’s the A-side and he should get more of it. We haven’t really gotten into that negotiation yet. I wanted to get McGregor locked in first, because McGregor is under contract with me. And at the end of the day, does this fight make a ton of sense for me? It really doesn’t. But Conor wants this thing really bad and I’ve said it many times, the kid’s stepped up and saved some big fights for me, man, so I’m in. I’ll figure it out.

“Obviously, in boxing, you start to negotiate things like the gloves and the officials and the judges,” White added, “and how big the ring is — a lot of different things you can negotiate as far as the fight goes. But again, I haven’t gotten into a room with Team Mayweather yet, and who knows. The Conor side, we’re good on the Conor side. I need to figure out the Mayweather side, and maybe it can’t be (figured out). Maybe the other side can’t be done, but we’ll see. I promised Conor I’d do everything I could to make this thing happen, so that’s what I’m going to do.”
Conor making $75 million...I doubt he's ever fighting in the UFC again. Dude is going to demand staggering amounts of money to step back in there after this fight with Mayweather.

Last edited:
I've seen Manny's purse for the Floyd fight estimated in the range of 120 mil to 80 mil. Depending on what the projections are for this Floyd Conor fight, 75 mil isn't completely out of the question.

But if Conor is really getting 75 then Floyd would have to be getting damn near double that or I doubt he signs on.

I don't buy all this manufacturing beef stuff esp with DC manuwa...why would they need that when Jones is on the horizon and that's the only one thats gonna generate hype. And why put manuwa on fight pass if ur trying to hype him up. And what happens if aj won...

The key part in Dana's words is "lock myself in a room with team mayweather"...easy part is dealing w connor , this is the tough tough part
Bones might not be ready and said himself he might want a tune up fight

It's all timing, it's not like Dana had probably been scheming for several months that Manuwa was going to be an option, it just turned out like that

1st episode :lol:

This season is going to be hilarious. I like that the fighters aren't all BFFs too.

Grandpa was killing me screaming hard work with every punch he threw :rofl:

TJ is better than me being cool like that after getting his neck yoked up like that

Last edited:
Conor starting to try to use other options to put pressure on Floyd

McGregor took to Instagram on Thursday and released a video giving some fight tips. “The Notorious” also revealed some interesting information in his caption that read the following:

“Here is a reply video I sent one of my protégés who was seeking advice on some boxing only pad work footage they sent me. I believe you will like it. The focus has been solely boxing lately but make no mistakes, the kicking and grappling aspects, and everything else got to do with unlimited free fighting, is still very much present in my thoughts. Floyd may crap his jocks after all and if so I will go back to true fighting or just pick another boxer like manny or something. But whatever that’s another conversation.

“I like to build fighters and watch their progression. I have built many to this date, and all unintentionally. One is fighting in the UFC main event this weekend.

“When my son is born I will build him up into a multiple free fighting world champion also. Just like his old man. I look forward to it.”

Back
Top Bottom