The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

I'll be tuning in to TUF tonight. Can't believe they brought back the "let me bang bro" guy back. He was terrible as a fighter. Well for ratings I can lol.

Whoa, so the WSOF is changing to the Professional Fighters League and they're installing a whole new format to begin January 2018

They're gonna have a 10 month season, 7 weight classes, 3 Regular Season fights for each fighter, then Playoffs and Championships

Details are murky but the champ of each division will be awarded a 1 million dollar purse

Well, interesting to say the least

Looks like the bloke Bisping is calling for Whitaker over Yoel, buddeh. Ducking much?

Woodley and DC both are saying they are fighting on the 214 card in July. Wonder who Woodley gets...

whittaker can put him to sleep too. I wouldn't say it's ducking if you wanna fight a guy's a beast as well.

It would suck for Yoel if he got skipped but I wouldn't eem be mad. Whittaker done earned himself a title shot himself. Bisping calling out Whittaker isn't ducking in the overall sense

I'm curious as to how Dana views this cuz it's whatever he decides

Also wondering how free agency is going for Mousasi. He's in the picture too if he stays in the UFC

Last edited:
I personally think he's scared of Yoel. Yoel is so explosive & strong, I think Bisping believes he matches up better in terms of strength and speed against Whittaker. He's using the 'doping' as a reason for Whittaker over Yoel which I cant blame him for, but it seems like he's ducking him to me. It's seemed like that since Yoel crushed The Chris IMO.

I never do the "scared" thing when it comes to pro fighters. That narrative is absurd to me.

It does fit with what Bisping has always said about fighting guys that have been popped for roids though.

Honestly, you guys have to remember that Bisping and all these guys work for a company.

I put forth the idea that the Cormier/Manuwa "beef" was staged to set up a fight. Bisping calling out Wittaker might be along the same lines.

Been said the new regime wants no parts of Romero holding a belt.

Last edited:
Mauwa was 100% manufactured. If anything Glover/Gus winner should be ahead of Manuwa

It make sense for Dana to do this though, they need a back up option for Bones. Give DC options just in case Bones isn't ready or he screws up again

Glover/Gus don't fight until May 28, which is probably too close a turn around for the winner to challenge DC in late July

It's just a timing thing

Watch your mouf, bruv.
Why? Lol. Phillip literally said the same thing btw. If anyone should watch they mouf, it's you calling Mike scared :smile:

Situation was manufactured just like when Ryan Bader of all people crashed DC's press conference a while back and challenged him to a fight

Dana always trying to make something out of nothing in that division cuz it needs help

Last edited:
I might be the only one who wanted to see that Bader **** happen, **** was funny to me

Don't mind the Manuwa match either. LHW is a wasteland, Jones is the only fight that even matters anymore for Cormier. Just stack the card or have a solid co-main and I'll watch.

Curious to see the payout for Bader's first fight in Bellator.

Literally everything they're doing with Manuwa now, they already had set up with Bader.

UFC just let Davis and Bader walk and now their division is a mess.

Tbh Bader, Manuwa and Davis aren't making the division that much more interesting. Ideally yeah it'd be great to keep everyone but I don't even care they're gone, including if Manuwa left. Perfect Bellator material

It just is what it is.. sometimes it be like that in divisions. Hopefully it cycles back 

Last edited:
They're legit competitors. They just happen to have boring wrestling based styles.

Gustafson, Glover, Rumble and JBJ are the "exciting" fighters in that division.

Hindsight is 20/20 so you never know.

I just think this Manuwa **** is ridiculous and those guys were slightly more established in the division even at the time they bounced.

Why? Lol. Phillip literally said the same thing btw. If anyone should watch they mouf, it's you calling Mike scared :smile:

Situation was manufactured just like when Ryan Bader of all people crashed DC's press conference a while back and challenged him to a fight

Dana always trying to make something out of nothing in that division cuz it needs help

I was kidding, I don't think he has anything to offer. But it would be hilarious if he took up a Lock Stock/Snatch personality to promote the fight.

I was kidding, I don't think he has anything to offer. But it would be hilarious if he took up a Lock Stock/Snatch personality to promote the fight.
Lol, my bad. If DC disrespects him by actually straight boxing and no wrestling.... 

Playing with fire, taking a page from his teammate Luke's book... 

Didn't DC dirty box the **** out of Gus?

I don't remember that fight well.

DC's chin is rock solid. Doesn't mean that will last forever but he's stood with more dangerous strikers than Manuwa IMO.

That kick he ate from Rumble alone.....

DC can box I'm just sayin

He ate Rumble's best punch and best kick and took them both flush in two different fights.. seem like his chin is invincible... 

Who knows when the chin decides to give in though.. just when you think someone is indestructible...

Manuwa can end someone's night in one shot, I won't take that away from him, he's not as scary as Rumble but nobody is. A pure boxing match would be fun as hell but also an unnecessary risk

Didn't DC dirty box the **** out of Gus?

I don't remember that fight well.

DC's chin is rock solid. Doesn't mean that will last forever but he's stood with more dangerous strikers than Manuwa IMO.

That kick he ate from Rumble alone.....

gus hit him solid with a knee that had dc seeing stars for a few seconds.

It was on tv last week. I do remember dc having a nice wrestling slam / takedown. gus' wrestling is top notch. I think he defended a lot of takedowns and may have even taken dc down.

Back
Top Bottom