The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

He's a dominant champion that no one really gives an ish about. We know if you create buzz then the ufc treats you well. He's kinda accepted he wasn't being paid what he deserved for a while. These champions don't speak up unless they feel their wallets are light. Fighters continue to complain but don't do anything about it.
Yup these guys waited way too long to complain so they should understand that

With that being said it's good dj is finally smartening up. He was a fool for being content for so long even going as far to say he was happy with his contract and that he didn't have anything to complain about

That type of good company man attitude might be great in different organizations but not the UFC who has a history of mistreating their employees (fighters and non fighters)

Dana seems to just be being a prick for no good reason though. Tj and Cody need to stay at 135 unless they plan to cut to 125 every time if they win

Last edited:
Reading stories from the fighters summit they had, fighters were very vocal about not being happy about their pay. One asked kobe about how a union helps athletes. Others openly trashed reebok. They were given reebok shopping bags with a couple of things and a coupon for their online store. They also wondered how much the company spent on the fancy event and paying people like kobe and snoop dogg to be there. A beer sponsor guy was there drunk during a presentation and told them to be more like the douchey irish fella.

Last edited:
The problem with "be like Conor" is that it's not even as easy as being a "douche"

We seen other dudes try and fail miserably

Conor was in his own lane, nobody taught like he taught. Even with what should have been a devastating loss to nate Diaz his brand only grew bigger. Hell hes NEVER defended any of the 4 belts he's had in his entire career. Somehow he's gotten away with it. That's semi genius

Can't just "act like Conor" not that easy

Last edited:
Fighters got mad at him for saying that and also because he was drunk at the presentation.

Wish any decent fighter in the ufc would leave and move to bellator. Guaranteed to get paid and treated better would be my guess. Unless you McGregor but nobody is. Lets get back to the fighting ranks and forget the so called big fights

People are still attached to Dana White because he got the UFC this far (which is fine).  But he doesn't have what it takes.  You can't run an A-level sports organization as a coked out slimeball like that.  They could use some adults in the room if they're trying to take the next step.

People are still attached to Dana White because he got the UFC this far (which is fine).  But he doesn't have what it takes.  You can't run an A-level sports organization as a coked out slimeball like that.  They could use some adults in the room if they're trying to take the next step.

Yeah, starts from the top down. I don't think he's the guy to take them to that next step.

The fighters need to take it into their own hands as well though and get that union going.

Don't think Aldo is washed tho, and think that kind of talk is rather stupid. He literally just ran threw the current #2 challenger Frankie with little issueHowever, it is just absolutely perplexing that the man with arguably the best leg kicks in the world basically threw none to slow Max's pace. In fact his last like 5 fights he hasn't really thrown any. I simply don't get it, as someone else stated he seemed like he was determined to work his jab & boxing, which he also got away from as the fight progressed. No leg kicks. No takedowns. :smh:

Yeah washed is too much considering what he did to Frankie, and Frankie is a dude who ran through everybody he fought at 145.

But looking at his punch resistance in the Mendes fight (and throughout his whole career really), and then seeing how hurt Max had him off a simple 1-2, gotta wonder how his chin is gonna hold up moving forward. And his cardio too. That's part of the reason he had such a hard time recovering after getting dropped.

As far as the leg kicks, he mighta chilled because Max stepped in to counter his one and only leg kick with a right hand. They were pretty close range the entire fight, the Jack Slack breakdown goes into it: Jack Slack - How Max Holloway Killed the King

Last edited:
If you're Aldo, do you stop kicking entirely because of the threat of a right hand? I would say you need threats of your own in the low kicks. Even inside kicks. Just to keep him guessing and slow him down. Otherwise you just get walked down the way he did.

Crazy how in a sport that has so many different aspects of combat to offer, a good number of these fights just turn into boxing matches :lol:

If you're Aldo, do you stop kicking entirely because of the threat of a right hand? I would say you need threats of your own in the low kicks. Even inside kicks. Just to keep him guessing and slow him down. Otherwise you just get walked down the way he did.

Crazy how in a sport that has so many different aspects of combat to offer, a good number of these fights just turn into boxing matches
laugh.gif
Aldo fell in love with boxing smh

Congrats to Max for winning the belt. Dude has a hell of a chin.

Crazy how in a sport that has so many different aspects of combat to offer, a good number of these fights just turn into boxing matches :lol:

True. He coulda used low kicks in combination as opposed to just throwing naked kicks. Coulda threatened Max with takedowns too. Coulda done alot of things. Maybe that first round had him thinking that's all he needed. And who knows, mighta been enough if he didn't gas.

And yeah agreed with fights turning into boxing matches. I'm probably biased but I always kinda felt like having really good hands, and then learning and understanding how to deal with and/or negate the other elements (grappling, knees, kicks, elbows) could get you a long way, a good amount of high level fights turn into who's the best with their hands.

Josie Waldo should just move up to 155. I don't even see anyone you can match him up with at 145.

Max/Frankie is next
Cub/Lamas for #1 Contender

No one left at 145 worth it

Fully agree.

Most of his staple leg kick setups involve an almost blitzing approach where he'd attack, head, body and end with a thunderous leg kick while the opponent retreats or is defending the other strikes. I don't think Max hurt him in that first exchange and I would believe Aldo is more mentally strong than took give up a primary weapon just at the thought of Max steppin in on him. But maybe I'm wrong.

I just think he fell in love with his hands. Problem is Aldo didn't even feint at throwing those other elements so it became much easier to get Aldo's timing down. He did throw a knee once tho. 1 kick, 1 knee.

Fully agree.

Most of his staple leg kick setups involve an almost blitzing approach where he'd attack, head, body and end with a thunderous leg kick while the opponent retreats or is defending the other strikes. I don't think Max hurt him in that first exchange and I would believe Aldo is more mentally strong than took give up a primary weapon just at the thought of Max steppin in on him. But maybe I'm wrong.

I just think he fell in love with his hands. Problem is Aldo didn't even feint at throwing those other elements so it became much easier to get Aldo's timing down. He did throw a knee once tho. 1 kick, 1 knee.
That knee Aldo threw was vicious as hell, if he had connected Max would have seen stars.

Edit: He did post up on IG that thank all the fans for the support and that he will be back. So it is good to see that he is still hungry to fight.

Last edited:
Gonna favor frankie over max and max over cub as it is today. I think max got the advantage in out cubbing cub but frankie still looks sharp af. He just could never figure out Josie

Last edited:
Dude is a massive idiot. Famb turned down two plea deals, so the judge have his *** twice the time they offered him. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom