The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

"You done had over 20 fights, lost half of em, haven't killed a mf'er yet..."

Lmao I gotta give lee credit for that one

Last edited:
Aldo vs Edson seems fun. Not at 145 though, should do it at 155 and Aldo should try to stay there

Edson 
laugh.gif

“I don’t think that’s a crazy idea. I fought a couple Muay Thai fights at 145 pounds, a long time ago. I can make that weight. What about a superfight against Jose Aldo? Imagine that. Two Brazilian strikers. Why not? That’s a fight that would get me excited. He’s the best 145-pounder ever. If the UFC offered that, I would definitely sit down and think about it.”

“Khabib and Ferguson want to fight each other, but is the fight soon? Can it happen before 2020? Go ahead, fight each other, and then I’m next in line. For me, this division doesn’t have a real champion. Conor has fought one time in this division and then never defended his belt.If he comes back I do think we will fight. Conor doesn’t like to fight wrestlers. I’m a striker. If I fight with him I’ll say, ‘Bro, don’t even train wrestling. I will not try to take you down. This fight will happen on the feet.'”

Surprised you guys havent mentioned this, but snoop dogg supposedly sign to the ufc as a commentator. He will be working next to faber on fight pass, interesting.

Weidman, DC, Bisping and Reem will be on with Ariel tomorrow

Guessing Bisping still gonna campaign for that Red Panty Night with GSP 

Wonder if DC has any new disses he can bring to the table about Jones

I'm actually very intrigued by the Overeem vs Werdum rematch. Should be a great fight

If that's the only name bisping can call out for a decent payday then that's sad.
I think Whittaker and Romero just don't have the names to compete with GSP. I feel they'd have to do an England show if they wanted to make Bisping vs Whitaker/Romero a headliner. idk, maybe that's being harsh though

Not to mention either of them pose a more significant threat of harm than GSP's jabs haha

State of the UFC is sad though in many ways

Maia definitely got screwed. It seems the UFC brass hopes Woodley beats him and then will look to setup GSP-Twood at MSG later this year.

Was just reading the wiki for 213, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_213 "However, Dana White was wrong (or lied again) and the bout was confirmed on July 29 for UFC 214." (regarding the Cowboy-Lawler fight). Can't wait for 214 though.

This might be his only chance so he's gotta seize the opportunity. Maybe pull off a bisping type upset.

I bet the UFC is hoping for another Maia - Marquardt type of fight.

I'm intrigued to see who really gets their game off in the fight. I don't see this one going to decision

Woodley going to beat the dog **** out of him. I just don't see a scenario in which Maia can close the distance and implement his game plan without taking serious damage in the process

Woodley definitely on paper has the skill set to neutralize Maia. However when it plays out I could easily see Maia back packing woodley and easily sinking in a sub

I think Jorge is a much better grappler than woodley and it showed in his sub defense. Like I said woodley on paper seems like he wouldn't let Maia close range however in real life things tend to change

Maia gotta avoid them bombs and perhaps let woodley gas himself

Last edited:
Thoughts on the TUF 25 Finale?
I'm thinking it will be Jesse Taylor vs Dhiego Lima. I see Taylor being able to take Krause out with his wrestling. I'm hoping Lima wins it all as he has some potential if he strengthens his TDD and gets a little more aggressive with his striking.

I've also only seen some highlights of Gaethje but he seems to have an exciting style and would be nice to see him make a statement again Johnson.  Has there been any of the former WSOJ guys to have decent success in the UFC? WSOJ just seems leaps and bounds lower than even Bellator. 

I still think Maia looked hurt in his last fight. Just wasn't walking right. unless that's normal for him. Honestly haven't seen a ton of his fights

Woodley definitely on paper has the skill set to neutralize Maia. However when it plays out I could easily see Maia back packing woodley and easily sinking in a sub

I think Jorge is a much better grappler than woodley and it showed in his sub defense. Like I said woodley on paper seems like he wouldn't let Maia close range however in real life things tend to change

Maia gotta avoid them bombs and perhaps let woodley gas himself

Completely ageee.

Woodley gotta finish him early too. If it goes deep into the 4th and 5th I can see Maia getting a sub in.
In decision Woodley gets it. Again I don't see the ufc allowing Maia to hold a title.

Woodley is a brown belt in BJJ and a D1 wrestler. I think he'll be able to hold his own if and when Maia gets his back. Being a singular martial artist doesn't work for long at the highest level of the division. I think Woodley is literally the worst match up he's faced so far at 170

Back
Top Bottom