The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

who has hate for strikers in here? :lol: i got a problem with him being hyped up as god incarnate with his 'touch of death' for the past 2 years even after losing to diaz and being able to slide with **** that nobody else has been allowed to.

who has hate for strikers in here? :lol: i got a problem with him being hyped up as god incarnate with his 'touch of death' for the past 2 years even after losing to diaz and being able to slide with **** that nobody else has been allowed to.

Also, his trash talk is so overrated it’s ridiculous. During media for the first Diaz fight, people on espn thought he was ethering Nate with a stupid comment about balloon animals and saying he looked like a burrito.

Well, damb. Cowboy seemed legit bothered when he usually doesn’t. Must be the weight cut. He threatened to visit Alex’s hotel room lol

hernandez finna whoop his *** haha.
I didn’t call him fraudulent.

He had a great run at FW. He beat Max, Chad, Porier and Aldo during that run.

Chad was the outlier since it was made on two weeks notice. Conor went through a full fight camp despite the injury. Chad just cut weight. Neither got to really game plan.

Having said that...with the Chad, first Nate and the Khabib fight. The blueprint is there to beat him.

I don’t know what blueprint there is to beat Khabib. LI was his toughest challenge. And that was made on short notice for both of them. LI was training for a three round fight.

The Lee fight could go 65/45 in favor of Lee. Conor could definitely piece him based on his last fight. But if Lee played it safe and followed the Khabib model...
stop it 5. i think Mcnugget is overrated as an all time great as much as anyone in here but if you dont think hed seperate Kevin Lee from his conciousness you havent studied either mans fights

Yeah that lee comment was wild flagrant .. I’m assuming lee would wrestle him to death

So Lee...who dominated Barbosa. Was up on Tony in the early rounds. Managed to fight a close fight with LI...would get pieced by Conor?

Again, I gave it 65/45. Maybe it’s really a 55/45. But Lee DOES let himself get hit...but I feel like he’d copy Khabib and take ol boy down and GNP.

So Lee...who dominated Barbosa. Was up on Tony in the early rounds. Managed to fight a close fight with LI...would get pieced by Conor?

Again, I gave it 65/45. Maybe it’s really a 55/45. But Lee DOES let himself get hit...but I feel like he’d copy Khabib and take ol boy down and GNP.

I don’t think Lee would be as effective tho. Nowhere near as strong...

Conor improved a lot since the Chad fight and I think he’d have good TDD against anybody at LW aside from Khabib...that dude rag dolls everybody

Also ya math is off champ

what's good with this alex hernandez kid that is fighting cerrone? he's a good talker on the mic and seems comfortable with wanting that smoke. looks like he is a slight favorite with the odds

dana sitting the people of color together

hernandez seems like a serial killer. Also the first thing he ever did in the ufc was fake like he was gonna touch gloves and hit his opponent. I’ll always root against him because of that.

I don’t think Lee would be as effective tho. Nowhere near as strong...

Conor improved a lot since the Chad fight and I think he’d have good TDD against anybody at LW aside from Khabib...that dude rag dolls everybody

Also ya math is off champ

My math was bad. That’s why I realistically said 55/45. It might even be 50/50.

MMA mafs cant be done like that, Barboza is an ELITE striker who does not have 1 PUNCH power.

lees footwork, head movement and feints are BASURA. It would just be a simple matter of how many left hands itd take

but your right in the fight game, who knows maybe he does eat a half dozen and finds a way to top posiiton, we all know if it goes into the later rds and becomes a wrestling match Connor gunna lose

Are Conor’s knockouts based on precision or power?

He really hasn’t had it on display lately. He did not knock out Diaz, Khabib or Mayweather.

I WILL admit (and did before). Lee’s striking defense is not where it needs to be. He did the Stanky leg with Barbosa and LI had him seeing birds as well a few times in their fight.

So Conor does have a decent shot of knocking him out. Definite chance...don’t know.

It’s hard to know where his heart is. I don’t think the Khabib rematch is warranted (besides the money it would generate). But at this point as an attraction, they’re not going to put him in there with killers or real match ups like say Cowboy.

Using mayweather as a barometer is not very genuine

Nate was knocked down 3 times in the rematch, the most of any fight in his career. Their first fight nate was also getting rocked, he just happens to have the best chin in the division

i didnt say anything about that touch of death nonsense. im just saying if lees there to be hit that often hes gunna hafta show a diaz level chin to stay awake.

connor will peice him up with accuracy and timing for sure but that straight left and the left uppercut would be soooo problematic for the way Lee operates on the feet. maybe its jus conditioning leaving him flat footed but boy is it baaaad slowwww striking fundamentals out that guy

Back
Top Bottom