The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Screenshot_20210301-211059_Twitter.jpg

😶😶

I wish him a complete recovery and long life. Health comes first. He's young, so he can do what ever he chooses just off of his past experiences.

Dana White. And MMA Junkie enabling the nonsense.
Chimaev has been battling the lingering effects of COVID for awhile now. Maybe the retirement was premature. But Dana better be throwing the best doctors money can buy.

I remember when his contract was up a few years ago and he was considering going to bellator for a bigger push.

glad he stuck around and put in the work, he earned his shot for damn sure.

I give Aljo a good chance, I mean look at what he did to Sandhagen who's been on fire lately (I know Edgar and Moraes seem to be on the downswing but still). I don't know, Yan's victory over Aldo was impressive but other than the Rivera win, I don't think I saw the actual fight though, his resume' isn't that impressive. If Aljo can either take the back early for a sub or tire Yan out I think he does well in this one.

I think Petr Yan is too much for him but I'm hoping Aljo can pull it off.

Is he though? Do we really know how good he is?

The Rivera win was a good one, but aljo had already beaten him. Yan then beat Faber who had one foot out the door, and inexplicably leapfrogged everyone into a title fight. Aljo has been fighting top 10 opponents for quite some time now.

From what I remember Rivera was winning the first round against Yan until he got dropped just before the bell and might have been winning the second before getting knocked down again.

Is he though? Do we really know how good he is?

The Rivera win was a good one, but aljo had already beaten him. Yan then beat Faber who had one foot out the door, and inexplicably leapfrogged everyone into a title fight. Aljo has been fighting top 10 opponents for quite some time now.

Might not look like much on paper but Yan seems like a real savage to me. The way he mixes up striking/wrestling and how he deceptively covers distance is smooth. The only advantage I feel Aljo has is his Jiu jitsu. We'll see.. Hoping for a good fight.

Funny how things turn out, you got Bisping's coach, who game planned how to KO Rockhold... now coaching Rockhold

Good to see them bury the hatchet though

SMH. Jon would literally have to completely change his diet, stop lifting to get down to LHW again. There’s also the long line in HW.

Also, the JBJ/DC beef never dies. DC simply said Jon doesn’t have power in his hands and Jon proceeds to post DC crying in the ring and getting beat in the second fight.

I would assume the paycheck Jones could get from a potential mega fight with Izzy would be enough motivation to come back to 205.

Call me crazy but I am a little more optimistic with all this vaccine news we could get a summer fight in Vegas

Back
Top Bottom