The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Not only that but in this event they get even more time I think an extra 12 hours or something to rehydrate

I’m pretty sure islam still hated the cut but the other 3 shouldn’t have been as much of a chore
I think the extra 12 is standard. Just about most stateside PPVs get the 36 hour window from weigh in Friday 12pm est to early prelim start Saturday 6pm. Islam was making a big deal about it because they're last event in Australia (Izzy/Sean) they had 44 hours to rehydrate :lol:.

That extra time is massive though and could see it being the reason why Islam's cardio fell off a cliff in the 5th round. God I can't wait for Saturday man.

Ceremonials on in 20. Need to see the size difference between Usman and Chimaev. Crazy that Usman actually has the reach advantage on him :lol:

I think the extra 12 is standard. Just about most stateside PPVs get the 36 hour window from weigh in Friday 12pm est to early prelim start Saturday 6pm. Islam was making a big deal about it because they're last event in Australia (Izzy/Sean) they had 44 hours to rehydrate :lol:.

That extra time is massive though and could see it being the reason why Islam's cardio fell off a cliff in the 5th round. God I can't wait for Saturday man.

Ceremonials on in 20. Need to see the size difference between Usman and Chimaev. Crazy that Usman actually has the reach advantage on him :lol:
I read they will get 44 hours to rehydrate

According to this link their first fight in Australia only gave them 28 hours

That 44 hours was for UFC 293, Izzy/Sean in Sydney.
Damb it’s early. Getting mixed up with everyone’s comments on this, but yes 10-12 more hours than their first fight is the prevailing point

I assumed for some reason they got more time in Abu Dhabi but you’re right- in their first fight it was just much earlier than usual

Bro, why. Why

1697807869273.jpeg

Seeing a lot of people picking volk and usman

Interesting

I feel like I would be shocked to see usman win. I think chimaev is going to outstrike and outwrestle him comprehensively

I think Usman will give him a tough fight, but we've seen him get rocked badly on the feet quite a few times in exchanges. My biggest question is if Chimaevs learned from his fight with Burns. He hasn't faced one fighter who's great at throwing straight punches. If he comes out charging with his chin up, Usman will definitely find it.

The Islam/Alex fight seems more of a toss up for me to be honest. While I do think Islam wins there are just way too many variables. I really feel like Volk has less/easier adjustments to make from the first fight.

One interesting note that i heard, while a small sample size, is that Team Eagle/AKA are elite at building game plans when they have time but not on short notice. Khabib not running through Al Iquinta being the example of the short notice problem.

Javier also said in a recent interview that they haven't changed anything with their plans from Charles to Alex for this fight. Said it wouldn't have been enough time to drill anything and would just mess Islam up come fight night, which I do believe.

Florian and some others were saying the path for usman to win was to keep chimaev away with his jab

For 15 minutes bro good luck
While I do think his power jab and straight punches are key for him in their exchanges, he really needs to ride the fence line imo. We've seen Khamzat slip jabs in to a power double or ankle pick way too many times to not think he can catch Usman like that.

Yeah, for sure. Usman has elite TDD, but with this being a 3 rounder, Chimaev can definitely keep the pressure on without having to worry about later round consequences.

Man, they really should've this fight a 5 rounder. Would answer all the questions for Chimaev.

Anyone else think Usman gets steamrolled tomorrow? From him adamantly saying his knee is ok to him looking a step slow in the Embeddeds and with his injury history I just don't see the fight going well for him. Could see Khamzhat finishing him in the 1st.

I fully believe usman is going to get beaten convincingly

Although lately I’ve seen a lot of things I didn’t think I would in the sport

He was down to take it too but his team (most likely Nicksik) talked him out of making a terrible decision :lol:

Bo Nickal talking greazy... i'd be very surprised if he's significantly better at MMA wrestling then Khamzat.

Back
Top Bottom