The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

^ I mean it can be argued that sage has been on a fighters path since he was a kid......so it makes his journey a little bit more interesting to watch since he was this highly touted karate prospect with accolades and all. I think a guy like sage would have eventually made it to the big show, the dana show just perpetuated and magnified it.

There's no doubt, sage is a stud. Hes going to be fun to follow through ought his career.

For sterling to compare his situation to sage's its just different. Cats need to focus on themselves FIRST.

Paige...lol I got nothing....just a pretty face.

I mean if you want to make millions in the fight game, you gotta fight a certain way.

I dont even know who sterling is aside from him wearing his gold rope.

look at some of the highest paid guys in the game...its their fighting style, not their record or how many ranked wins they have.

Nick diaz perfect example. Mark Hunt. etc.

Aljamain need to pay his dues, win the crowd and then demand more money. This dood want more money and nobody even knows who he is.....he has 0 leverage. A couple top 10 wins in the least watched division aint gonna cut it.

He gotta be realistic.

20 g's for 15 minutes is ALOT of money.

The UFC throws money away to some of the most trash fighters on the roster because they are danas buddies. Clay Guida has been around for a while and all he does is laynpray to death. Diego Sanchez is a damage sponge who just stands and catches bricks to the chin for 15 minutes. So many guys hang around that should have been cut for being lackluster have had solid payouts

I agree, Conor is blowing up for many reasons.. But the main ones are that he's entertaining to a lot of people outside of the ring.. And inside the ring he has a 90 something % finish rate. People like seeing knockouts and submissions. Same with Honda, and she is attractive to many people outside of this thread :lol:

But 20gs is definitely for more than 15 minutes :lol: these guys gotta train everyday for months in preparation of a fight. It ain't free for a lot of them either.

With that said.. Sterling has 0 leverage.

The only thing I'll say on Sterling is that his argument is that he wasn't given any sort of hype. Despite his resume, which is pretty solid, he got pretty much zero push from Dana and the UFC. If he did get even a little push, perhaps his brand is bigger with fans and America

Other than that, he can go out and test his value on the open market. If other orgs like him as much as he likes himself, he will be fine

^ I hear you.

But you cant rely on the next man to do something for YOU

you gotta promote yourself, I think hes caught on to that that why he been wearing that big *** fake rope, dancing, calling folks out n all that.

Hell, look at how much they promote the champ, TJ.....lol they dont.

You gotta come in with something to offer if you want the red carpet.....you cant expect the UFC to build you.....they have 400 fighters on the roster!!!!!!

This 2016 man, everyone got access to their own cameras, editing equipment and all that. He can create his own Embedded series if he really wanted to, he could be like cowboy and promote himself to fans on a personal level, theres so many things he can be doing to help his cause that hes not doing....so I get where Dana and the UFC are coming from....

^ and you got fans like me who LIKE THAT.

no fake trash talk, no media personality. Just fight.

personally I never gave a **** how much a fighter gets paid or promoted. It has nothing to do with me and my situation.

I just enjoy fighters who entertain me.

Last edited:
The UFC throws money away to some of the most trash fighters on the roster because they are danas buddies. Clay Guida has been around for a while and all he does is laynpray to death. Diego Sanchez is a damage sponge who just stands and catches bricks to the chin for 15 minutes. So many guys hang around that should have been cut for being lackluster have had solid payouts
Guida and Diego have a following from their TUF days. They'll be out of MMA soon enough though

Randomly drug tested by the UFC's United States Anti-Doping Agency at 6:00 AM this morning. 6 drug tests in 3 months

4:45 AM - 11 Jan 2016

165165 Retweets

430430 likes

How have these guys never fought? SMH

^ it also could be argued that fighters like clay and diego helped build the UFC in its incubation stage......

Sage gotta be on something though 
laugh.gif

His dad got him hooked up with the best masking agents in the world

All this sage talk.. Didn't eem know he was already fighting again on the 30th :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
You say Sterling has to pay his dues, but he has fought tougher guys than sage...

And gets paid less

Shouldn't we be saying Sage has to pay his dues!im just saying

You say Sterling has to pay his dues, but he has fought tougher guys than sage...

And gets paid less

Shouldn't we be saying Sage has to pay his dues!im just saying
It all comes down to market value for me. If Sage and Sterling are on the open market, IMO Sage would be offered more money than Sterling would by the majority of organizations

It is what it is

Isn't Page already top ten in her division?

She's a good, young fighter. Also from a good camp.

People shouldn't totally write her off when she lost to someone really good like Rose. Rose herself lost a lot of hype and interest when she lost to Carla and is back on people's radar again.

Last edited:
It all comes down to market value for me. If Sage and Sterling are on the open market, IMO Sage would be offered more money than Sterling would by the majority of organizations

It is what it is

I mean at this stage Sage would definitely get a better offer now because of the way the UFC promoted him up to this point, and because he's at a higher weight class. Without the UFC push though, if he had just been fighting on prelims with no extra push like every other up and coming fighter, I don't think their market value is that far off. Both talented undefeated fighters. And I think that's the basis of Aljamain's beef with his pay situation.

Sage is a young GSP.

100% serious. 

Wasn't Rory supposed to be the next GSP? Now it's Sage huh :lol: They're all different in their own ways.

And Sage definitely seems more explosive with more knockout power than GSP also, but that might be due to his current competition. Hopefully he chooses the stand up route instead of wrestling like GSP did, maybe try to be the lightweight Stephen Thompson.

And I could argue that they are giving Sage this much money to keep him happy and keep him loyal

Sure they might have overpaid him this early on, but it's a move for the future as well

Conor McGregor
7 mins ·
OFFICIAL FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT:
Conor McGregor Vs Rafael Dos Anjos for the UFC Lightweight World Championship.
March 5th.
MGM Grand, Las Vegas.
LIVE ON PPV.

This McGregor Inc. executive business decision is brought to you by the King himself in association with EA Sports. 'McGregor is the Game.'

Mr. McGregor would like to thank the fans and the media for their patience in this decision.

Mr. McGregor was still busy counting the take from his last fight.

He has chosen to dedicate this demolition job to the loyal people of Brazil and all the fans around the globe who stay true to their roots and loyal to their land.

Mr. McGregor has said that Rafael is a traitor to his people and vows to "behead the 'American Gringo' Rafael Dos Anjos, in the name of La Brasilia!"

Viva la Brasil!

See you all in Las Vegas, March 5th!!!

The King returns!

He has chosen to dedicate this demolition job to the loyal people of Brazil and all the fans around the globe who stay true to their roots and loyal to their land.

Mr. McGregor has said that Rafael is a traitor to his people and vows to "behead the 'American Gringo' Rafael Dos Anjos, in the name of La Brasilia!"

Viva la Brasil!

:lol: @ the traitor angle, let the mind games begin. And gringo isn't really used in Portuguese but whatever :lol:, I laughed

I mean at this stage Sage would definitely get a better offer now because of the way the UFC promoted him up to this point, and because he's at a higher weight class. Without the UFC push though, if he had just been fighting on prelims with no extra push like every other up and coming fighter, I don't think their market value is that far off. Both talented undefeated fighters. And I think that's the basis of Aljamain's beef with his pay situation.
Wasn't Rory supposed to be the next GSP? Now it's Sage huh
laugh.gif
They're all different in their own ways.

And Sage definitely seems more explosive with more knockout power than GSP also, but that might be due to his current competition. Hopefully he chooses the stand up route instead of wrestling like GSP did, maybe try to be the lightweight Stephen Thompson.
I think he's like GSP of the crazy athleticism combined with the strong background in karate. 

Plus theyre both white 
laugh.gif

McGregor got less than 2 months to get into old boys head. He's gotta come with the heat early.

I can't imagine there will be a massive press tour as i assume both guys will already be in camp.

That's already a plus for RDA.

I think he's like GSP of the crazy athleticism combined with the strong background in karate. 

Plus theyre both white :lol:

:lol: true

McGregor got less than 2 months to get into old boys head. He's gotta come with the heat early.

I can't imagine there will be a massive press tour as i assume both guys will already be in camp.

That's already a plus for RDA.

Good point. Aldo had an entire year and a ton of press conferences that made it almost impossible to not let the guy get to him. If RDA's team is smart they keep him insulated from everything the next 2 months and just focus on the fight.

Back
Top Bottom