The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

would ufc be better if matches dont get stopped until someone is finished ? :nerd:

Last edited:
That Alvarez guy just laid on top of him that last fight in all fairness

There's a lot of talented wrestlers in LW tho. And he looked terrible against Edson Barboza.

It's all mental for him, he doesn't have that chaotic style that everyone loved him for. He's very weary of pulling the trigger

Pettis is going to have success at FW for sure

some really good fights for him....

I think pettis main knock is his strength.....he just doesn't have the strength to stop the TD and get back up....guys can easily hold him

so that makes him hesitant to pull the trigger because he doesnt want to get taken down and held. His TDD is decent but he just cant defend multiple TD's through the course of a 3-5 round fight.

And its true, he was broken in the fight against RDA....mentally you get beat like that you gotta start back up from ground 1 to build up that confidence, get some wins under your belt and prove it was a bad night..... but he dropped 2 fights since that and didnt really look like the pettis before the RDA fight....

would love to see:

Pattis vs Yair :nerd: :wow:

competitive fight for both, makes sense for both as well.

I think pettis over at Jacksonwink full time now?

Last edited:
Start Pettis off slow but yes there are a ton of great fighters at 45... Give him a nice lob in fact

Initially Pettis said he would go back and forth between New Mexico and mil

Last edited:
I don't see pettis ever getting the belt back. Top 5 at best from here out. 1982 is right tho for pettis it's all mental. His little bro Sergio might make some noise he's young yet.

By the way, why is Brock fighting at UFC 200? Just like Conor, He didn't fly in to Vegas to do the pre fight pressers ....... :lol:

It was more of a surprise tactic. Shock value is what they were probably going for

Conor signed a contract he should have carried out what he signed on to do

mean.gif
at Pettis dropping down. He has all the tools. It's the mental game that's messing him up. He's gonna be emaciated.
except he doesnt have all the tools

he doesnt have the tools to stop takedowns at 155 and it seems he's done trying to develop them

I don't think he's stopped trying. I think he still works with jon jones' wrestling coach. It's just that rda and alvarez are much stronger and better grapplers. If he's matched up with mendes it'd be interesting if he could stop the takedowns since he'll have a size advantage.

corner audio frm 199...insane to me how rockholds corner didn't recognize that right, left combo..he threw it 4-5 times with intent. as a corner this is what should be called out instead of "kick" "jab" etc...the fighters know that

At first I thought RDA ruined his confidence, but now I think Pettis is still dangerous but his striking just isn't as good as most people (including myself) thought it was. His body kicks are a problem but if you take that away from him he's not exactly a killer on the feet. Barboza easily outboxed him all three rounds, and I think Pettis threw like one body kick all match because Barboza was just moving too much for him to get set. Lauzon Cerrone and Henderson all stood directly in front of him with minimal movement and they all got ate up with those kicks, and now everybody knows better. And Gil just got caught because he got way too wild with his pressure and caught some clean counters on the chin. RDA basically just worked Gil's plan except he did it better. And Alvarez did it without throwing any punches.

Basically the blueprint is out there for Pettis and dude has to improve his game if he's gonna get back to being an elite dude. Dropping to 145 should help though, most of the top guys at 155 have a strength advantage on him.

Back
Top Bottom