The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

the guy was kneeling there grabbing his head

what did you want the ref to do, restart them at the same position so that gegard could bring on the the onslaught?

if it was nothing, he would have shaken it off and gotten back immediately, but it wasnt nothing, it was enough for him to sit there in agony

if you're upset he was denied a fighting chance, fine, but they erred on the side of caution

I'm sorry did u (a spectator) want a pro fighter who just got kneed in the head possibly concussed to jump up and do jumping jacks to show he's ready to go cuz at that time the only thought running thru his head musta been "how can I use this to find a way out"...

And the right thing woulda been to restart them in that position but it should have never got to that point anyways

I'm done arguing opinions w facts

Spider says he's not interested in fighting Rockhold or Vitor because they are both coming off of a loss :lol:

Spider says he's not interested in fighting Rockhold or Vitor because they are both coming off of a loss
laugh.gif
spider aint got no place to speak like that, son is mega washed 
roll.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just googled Anderson's record he's 1-4 with 1 NC since July 2013 :wow: :smh: Didn't even realize it's been that rough for him.

But I think Anderson is trying to cherry pick his way into a win streak and title shot. The guy was just seconds away from stopping the current Middleweight champion a year ago, he shoulda already been trying to angle for a rematch.

Anderson trying to get that Dan Henderson send off treatment. Anderson is asking for Nick or Yoel... 

DJ would welcome Cody as a challenger

“That’s not the first time somebody has said something like that. Lots of people say that they can make the weight class. Hell, I can make 115 pounds if they want to throw the division out there. Would I be able to perform at my ability? Probably not. But that’s fine.

“If he wants to come down and the UFC wants to give him an immediate title shot, because that’s what they do nowadays – give immediate title shots – then that’s fine. Or if I go up and challenge him for his belt if the negotiations go well, then yeah, it could happen. It’s a fight.”

“I’ve never, ever turned anybody down from coming to my weight class and trying to get my belt. I’ve never done it and it’s not going to start now and it’s never going to happen. If Jose Aldo says, ‘I can make 125 pounds, Demetrious Johnson; I’m coming down to fight you,’ I’m like, ‘Sweet. Perfect. Let’s get down to that weight class and let’s make it happen.’ Like I said, a lot of people have said it before, and I’m still here.”

Apparently they believe it's "an interesting match"

Anderson doesn't need to take that match or Rockhold or any of them top contenders. He's proven enough already

Last edited:
Haven't all of Andersons fights been close?

Looked good R3 vs DC, lost decision that many think he won vs Bisping and then won.

Haven't all of Andersons fights been close?

Looked good R3 vs DC, lost decision that many think he won vs Bisping and then won.
I wish I could say yes but he'd get mauled by someone like Rockhold or Yoel. He looked like a shell against Brunson and don't really know if he won that

I don't really criticize him for taking the DC fight... and against Bisping he was getting rocked and that knee wasn't legal

I actually think rockgold is a winnable fight for Anderson. As we saw in the loss he leaves openings in the striking and if anyone can take advantage of it it's Anderson regardless of his decline

He just can't be that laid back and allow guys to tee of on him like Brunson was doin. If it was Yoel throwing bombs he might still b sleeping

Anderson trying to get that Dan Henderson send off treatment. Anderson is asking for Nick or Yoel...

What are the odds Anderson kisses him at the weigh-ins and Yoel says "I luh you boy" after the fight as a balding Cuban with a topknot hairstyle looks on?

Anderson leaves openings too and with every day that goes by age becomes an even bigger enemy. His reaction time defensively is definitely on the decline 

Rockhold is a prideful guy, he knows how embarrassing it was to lose to Bisping like that. No matter who he faces in his next bout, he'll be the most focused he's ever been to start getting wins back

been telling yall for years, weidman was a product of the UFC hype machine...

he was the "ALL AMERICAN" product they pushed hard....

his best win was his first over anderson, and I mean silva had it coming with all the taunting and showboating he was doing...

when he finally had a 50/50 match up he lost bad, and he's lost all the 50/50's since.....

He def tried to milk the time, Im not sure if he was just milking the 5 minutes for a rest a la groin strike or what...

but when those knees hit him....he was fine, his legs didn't buckle or anything, but as soon as dan told him it was illegal....he was all disoriented.

regardless....the sequence that lead up to the knees had moosasi swarming all over chris....if dan never stepped in it was pretty close to the end...

I haven't really seen chris evolve much since he got the belt, he's always been a sub-par to average boxer, flat footed athlete with decent tank and GREAT wrestling....

don't get me wrong, he seems like a very affable, nice guy.....but that don't mean **** when we talking MMA

at this point in his career, it would be a wise move to switch up camps for some new perspective and fresh look, it doesnt have to be a divorce from Longo, but it aint working for him over there.

WOW and MOOSE...

as soon as it was announced he won by TKO he didn't celebrate or anything, he actually scolded his team and stopped them from waiving their flags and celebrating.

respect.

Luke sitting out is not a good look, you got the UFC feeding jacare anybody willing to sign, Moose is surging, and Yoel seems to be next in line.

Luke going to have to fight decent opponent soon or he going to get left behind....

If jacare beat whittaker....they might look to set up jacare x moussasi 3 for a title eliminator after yoel gets his shot. Marketable trilogy fight between arguably the 2 best at 185 for a while now. Could be just as big as wiedman x rockhold...fight has mad draw internationally.

Moose or Jacare could easily sell out a stadium in Brazil or Netherlands

**** man, the bisping GSP fight need to happen already so we can see whats really going on...

honestly I don't even really care as much as the GSP fight as I initially did, I would rather see bisping fight the contenders and get the division back on track.

So many good match ups at 185 and none involve GSP or Bisping

Last edited:
If Rockhold doesn't believe in ring rust, I completely support him waiting for the right about.

With GSP/Bisping not likely to haooen until the fall at this rate, one of these top contenders won't be getting their shot until 208

By that point all of the top contenders will have unfortunatelybweeded themselves out with losses since they're hellbent on remaining active

Weidman is done
Loser of Jacare/Whitaker is done
Loser of Moussai vs. Jacare/Whitaker is done

It's almost like an unofficial number 1 contender's tournament

Chris Weidman was a product of hype? Nah

When you beat the goat twice you deserve praise. When you beat machida who was coming off wins against Munoz and mousasi, you deserve praise

Weidman more than held his own against luke until that Ill advised kick attempt

He hasn't evolved enough is a fair statement

Are we certain jacare can sell out a show even in Brazil? Or we talking like a smaller arena. Dana doesn't care about jacare or mousasi so luke is fine. Dana probably holds luke in higher regard than those two tbh

He also has a W over Maia.

For real though, the "hype" happened after he beat a guy who looked unbeatable. Anderson smoked many a fighter doing that same showboating ****.

That's as much accomplishment as it is "hype".

Back
Top Bottom