The most special Championships your team has won?

With the Giants winning their 3rd Super Bowl, a friend of mine and I started discussing the most special Championships a team that we root for has won. I havebeen fortunate that all of my teams have won a title and one point (In my lifetime that I witnessed). Out of the titles that your favorite teams have won,which one is the most special to you as a fan?

1.) 1991 / 1996 Chicago Bulls - Nothing could have prepared me for the joy as a fan I felt for Money finally getting his first title. The reason I listed the96 title was because of the emotional impact it had on MJ with his father being gone. Watching him cry on the floor was just as moving as watching his tearsflow as he hugged the Larry O'Brian trophy in 91.

2.) 2006 St. Louis Cardinals - This team shouldn't have even made the postseason. The way they were mailing it in all season was downright laughable.Fellow NL Central thread members knew that zodogg and I were in complete shock when they swept the Tigers. I even went on record saying that I had no faiththey would get past the Mets in the NLCS.

3.) XXI / XXV / XLII - New York Giants - I witnessed all 3 of these Super Bowls, and we were underdogs in all 3 of them. Elway was supposed to win,Buffalo's offense was unstopable and NE was going for the perfect season. Needless to say the G-Men stepped up and proved everyone wrong.

4.) USC - 2004/2005 - As an Alumni and a Legacy, these titles were very special. My grandparents passed before they could witness the Trojans return todominance.

What are your favorite championship memories?

the 1st championship

pg2_jordan_195.jpg

I've never seen any of my teams win a title

however

The 99 knicks
2007 Hoyas

have been the best runs

sad to say i was barely alive when my teams were winning championships
mad.gif
the only one i remember vividly and can recall it like it was yesterday was 2001 when duke won it out in minneapolis!
smokin.gif

629011.jpg

pimp.gif
at Nate James wearing the white/navy 16's
pimp.gif
i used to want them so bad
ohwell.gif

some of my favorite years that my teams didnt get it done:
Duke '99(that talent on this team was
eek.gif
)
Duke '04
******** '05(My man Sean Taylor running back the fumble agaisnt the eagles when we clinched the wild card and the int return agaisnt the bucs!
smokin.gif
)

The Hoyas last year

Tigers 2 seasons ago

giants in when they lost to the Angels

Pistons winning a few seasons ago

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

4.) USC - 2004/2005 - As an Alumni and a Legacy, these titles were very special. My grandparents passed before they could witness the Trojans return to dominance.

smile.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Those were some very special teams. I still remember that 1stgame of the 2003 season @ Auburn. I didn't know much about Leinart but he showed something that game. I knew for the next few years we would be all good. That era was one of the most special group of teams I've seen on any level. I don't think I'll see anything like that again. I remember howeveryone was saying that Oklahoma was going to dominate USC in the Orange Bowl. NT/ ESPN/ "the experts/crackheads were saying the USC didn't have achance. I can't believe USC scored 55 on Oklahoma!
eek.gif
That's themost points that I can remember seeing from a Peter Carroll USC team. He's not one for running up the score and often puts in the 2nd unit quite early. Very much appreciated.

When the Pats won Super XLII and went 19....oh wait.
godammit...
mad.gif

Since that didn't happen, it's gotta be the '88 Dodgers. I still get goosebumps when I see Gibson's homerun. In fact I got goosebumps typingit out. No lie.

-J-

2004 Red Sox will beat any championship any of my teams ever win....

In distant second...the Pats in 2001

Red Sox 2004.

If we witness Celitcs 08, 09, or 10, that will instantly jump ahead.

^ That year of course, the Noles need to return to dominance
96 Bulls
01 Duke

49ers win over the Chargers...that was the only championship i was alive for. ever since 49ers=Raiders=Cal Bears Football/Basketball=GSW=SJSharks=Giants=A's=0 Titles (in the years of my understand of sports, meaning from the late 90s)

49ers win over broncos, remember watching that at my uncles house, i was six years old, but for some reason dont recall winning over the bengals a yearearlier. lol

grew up both an a's and giants fan so in 89 when the a's won

heartbreakers with the giants vs angels, and a's vs yankees (giambi didnt slide!)

I was around for the Lakers and Canes in the 80's, but it was like I took them for granted. They were winning every other year so it just seemed easy Iguess. Then when Magic retired, it was all gone so fast and I wasn't used to not seeing the Lakers reign over everyone. So in 00 when it all came back,and Shaq got his first and Kobe lived up to the hype and especially living here in Oregon with all these horrible fans, it was just icing on the cake. Sametime, the Canes were back in biz and they both went on great runs.
pimp.gif

The Ohio St game and the Detroit series still haunt me to this day.
sick.gif

I hope someday to see the Dolphins and Cubs sip some celebratory champagne.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Nothing is sweeter than the first one.... First for Shaq and First for Kobe

And first one that I witnessed live.
pimp.gif
(Since I was about 4-5 years oldin 1987, and 1988.

AABK028~Kobe-Bryant-and-Shaquille-O-Neal-with-2000-Championship-Trophies-Photofile-Posters.jpg

825273.jpg

Lakers in 2001, going 15-1 in the Playoffs was amazing!! Man those were the days the Lakers could just switch it on.

Hasn't happened yet.
frown.gif

A's won when I was like 6 months old, Niners haven't won since 1994 (still too young), Mavericks, yeah.

Back
Top Bottom