The NBA Draft Thread

We'll eventually end up sending Okafor to Boston for that #3 pick. We cannot afford to end up not trading him and still have all of our centers by the end of this night.
I was joking about #3 for Okafor and Saric last night, but Philly is going to need to add to the trade. They showed all of their cards. I bet it's Covington and Okafor.

Love Karl-Anthony Towns so much, hes so well spoken and mature. Dude is really going to be the face of the NBA soon.

I like Dunn a lot..and I get why he's gunning to play for philly..we're his best chance to get picked at number 3 and not have to worry about playing time..he's basically getting the best of both worlds..But I want more than just the number 3 pick for Oak..If Oak was in this draft Boston wouldn't be thinking about trading the pick..they would be picking him.

Agreed, As mentioned before, Oak would be contending for top two with Ingram and Simmons and is worth more than a #3 pick. I do hope Philly gets more on that deal. Maybe one of the defensive guards or another pick. I am all for moving Oak as I do believe that Noel is severely underrated.

I really don't like how transparent Philly is being right now. With their draft picks and trade rumours...they are losing leverage by telling the media all their plans.

Hmm. So it's been a farce in terms of the oak trade winds? Idk, I just keep em both man. Let embiid play limited minutes this year

Well Philly clearly wants to get Kris Dunn to pair with Simmons, the only way to assure that is to get #3 or #5. Boston doesn't want to pick there given the plethora of guards they have, but I also don't think they want nor need Jah. Noel is the best asset Philly has as far as a roster guy right now. And plus Woj is reporting now that Boston is locked in on Dunn. The tea leaves are trending to it happening tonight. It'd be a win win for both sides.

I really don't like how transparent Philly is being right now. With their draft picks and trade rumours...they are losing leverage by telling the media all their plans.
Meanwhile, on the other side...

Chad Ford:
General managers picking from Nos. 4 to 30 are cursing Celtics president Danny Ainge's name right about now.

The Celtics are patiently exploring trades for the No. 3 pick, while indicating to various teams that they are interested in all of the next six prospects on the board -- Dunn, Jamal Murray, Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender, Jaylen Brown and Buddy Hield.

Ainge's refusal to tip his hand essentially forces teams to deal with him if they want to be guaranteed to land their favorite player in the draft. It's brilliant.
Danny Ainge.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Not sure you can keep both even without considering Embiid. you can't play Noel and Okafor together. Bringing in Simmons is going to take big minutes from one of them. That is sure to bring some malcontent.

I understand wanting to see what you have first when you're in their position but why throw what you KNOW is **** to the wall and hope it sticks?

Even if Simmons wasn't coming and Embiid/Saric didn't exist...Noel and Okafor aren't going to magically learn how to play together

I'm just saying, you're now expecting embiid to be reliable as a defensive anchor

I'd rather keep Noel than grab Dunn. And I really like Dunn

I'm just saying, you're now expecting embiid to be reliable as a defensive anchor

That's the gamble; I wouldn't do it either just given the fact Embiid has yet to play on the floor, but the parameters the Sixers are working with its no potential trade partner needs or wants Jah right now.

Last edited:
I've been on the Ainge train for the longest, but I am starting to realize what I think he realized last yr. These picks are nice to parade around with, until draft day and you have to make the picks. Then you gotta hope their values don't cave as you make the picks and they start getting DNPs during the yr that they are like driving cars off a sales lot.

Still plenty of time, I suppose.

I've been on the Ainge train for the longest, but I am starting to realize what I think he realized last yr. These picks are nice to parade around with, until draft day and you have to make the picks. Then you gotta hope their values don't cave as you make the picks and they start getting DNPs during the yr that they are like driving cars off a sales lot.

Still plenty of time, I suppose.
They hold no real value until after the lottery, then they dip. Value picks up during the draft i.e. If someone wants Dunn at 3. But you can't play the game unless you have the chips, he at least has them.
Also a crap year to have 3rd pick. Next year, value of 3 is much higher.
And the value sounds like it's going up as it sounds the Sixers are really trying to get that 3rd pick. Now you can start shopping.

Last edited:

Chad Ford:

General managers picking from Nos. 4 to 30 are cursing Celtics president Danny Ainge's name right about now.

The Celtics are patiently exploring trades for the No. 3 pick, while indicating to various teams that they are interested in all of the next six prospects on the board -- Dunn, Jamal Murray, Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender, Jaylen Brown and Buddy Hield.

Ainge's refusal to tip his hand essentially forces teams to deal with him if they want to be guaranteed to land their favorite player in the draft. It's brilliant.

Danny Ainge. :pimp:  

:smh: I wish we had Ainge.

Chad Ford:

For better or for worse, Hinkie never tipped his hand. He would just keep things to himself, and it's what ultimately got him demoted.

Chad Ford:

For better or for worse, Hinkie never tipped his hand. He would just keep things to himself, and it's what ultimately got him demoted.

I kind of wish he was still involved in the decision making. Maybe not heading the whole thing, but become a person of influence. And yes, he was very secretive, he pulled that Noel trade out of nowhere. MCW trade was the same.

I don't think a good team will have trouble winning with Okafor as long as he turns into a good passer. Defensively he might be a problem at the absolute highest levels but there aren't many players like him in the league.

I'd still try to move him if I were Philly though.

With the way coaches use min restriction now....You probably won't see Embiid playing 30 min a game until March..See: Jrue Holiday last year..

So I'm not in a rush to move anyone..If Oakafor can consistently knock down a 17 footer (which is certainly not impossible) he can play with Ben Simmons..Now as for Noel he's more of a bench guy anyway to me..He can't gaurd centers in this league..And Ben Simmons will be playing PF..

And Oakafor is not some turnstile on defense..Do he need to get better yes..but Dudes are going overboard..bet most didn't even watch a sixers game last year..

https://thesixersense.com/2016/02/21/jahlil-okafor-bad-defender-fact-fiction/

Last edited:

Yup, Noel is already showing he's an elite defender and rim protector that will only improve.

Also showed he can play with any good PG, shouts to Ish.

I'd trade Okafor no question but not Nerlens, unless they get either Smart or Bradley and that won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom