The NBA Draft Thread

With the way coaches use min restriction now....You probably won't see Embiid playing 30 min a game until March..See: Jrue Holiday last year..

So I'm not in a rush to move anyone..If Oakafor can consistently knock down a 17 footer (which is certainly not impossible) he can play with Ben Simmons..Now as for Noel he's more of a bench guy anyway to me..He can't gaurd centers in this league..And Ben Simmons will be playing PF..

And Oakafor is not some turnstile on defense..Do he need to get better yes..but Dudes are going overboard..bet most didn't even watch a sixers game last year..

https://thesixersense.com/2016/02/21/jahlil-okafor-bad-defender-fact-fiction/
You have to have rim protection and rebounding

Noel is definitely a starter and is a valuable one

lol Noel is far from a bench guy, in fact, I see him being in multiple DPOY discussions. This is what I mean by him being underrated.

for a franchise being so transparent, THIS is what they decide to hold back on? :stoneface:

Also, as far as Noel goes, his Rookie year was historic, the D-league sixers became a top 10 defensive team when he was on the floor.

His production dipped because of Jah and none will reach their potential playing alongside each other.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/150326-noel-roy/

Domatas Sabonis beat the ever loving **** out of Poetl.:lol:

My brain says take Poetl if I'm the Raptors but diffucult to get that game out of my head.

Market for Nerlens Noel seems to be far overstated by some. More likely he fetches a late lottery pick in a trade as opposed to top-5 pick.

Where is this from? I'd love for Bucks to snag Nerlens somehow if that's true and dump Monroe for whatever. But I have a hard time believing Nerlens would be worth the 10th pick.

Market for Nerlens Noel seems to be far overstated by some. More likely he fetches a late lottery pick in a trade as opposed to top-5 pick.

Where is this from? I'd love for Bucks to snag Nerlens somehow if that's true and dump Monroe for whatever. But I have a hard time believing Nerlens would be worth the 10th pick.

Jonathan Givony from DX tweeted it.

Being eligible for an extension/free agent next summer drags his value down.

In everyone's rush to trade just to trade you start overthinking it

Defense, size, mobility, why would you be so eager to trade that for an unproven player

man that adriana jablowski gonna force me not to go online and just watch the espn draft coverage. nba need to blackball that *****

Meanwhile, on the other side...

Chad Ford:

Danny Ainge. :pimp:  

:rolleyes this doesn't mean **** :lol:. You can only posture for so long, he can only pick one of those guys and when he does there goes his leverage.

I've been on the Ainge train for the longest, but I am starting to realize what I think he realized last yr. These picks are nice to parade around with, until draft day and you have to make the picks. Then you gotta hope their values don't cave as you make the picks and they start getting DNPs during the yr that they are like driving cars off a sales lot.

Still plenty of time, I suppose.

Uh huh

They hold no real value until after the lottery, then they dip. Value picks up during the draft i.e. If someone wants Dunn at 3. But you can't play the game unless you have the chips, he at least has them.
Also a crap year to have 3rd pick. Next year, value of 3 is much higher.
And the value sounds like it's going up as it sounds the Sixers are really trying to get that 3rd pick. Now you can start shopping.

Ainge himself said the value of those picks goes way down on draft night because teams get attached to the guys they've been scouting and are reluctant to trade. Which makes it so bizarre that he still hasn't made a deal all year after looking like a fool last draft. Pick had more value before the lotto.

Good ol diminishing returns

@JakeLFischer In preliminary trade talks, Houston pitched the Sixers a package involving Trevor Ariza and Patrick Beverley for Nerlens Noel, per source.
I...like this trade proposal for both teams.

Back
Top Bottom